• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the "Social Justice" Fad Is Failing

Your comment is a prime example of what I'm referring to. Sure, your claims sound really good over a cold beer in a bar, but in the real world, when you live around other people whose freedoms and rights are every bit as important as your own, your claims are shown for what they really are: just talk.

No, not really. He is talking about freedom and you are talking about manners. A person can have both.

It won't stop until there are severe political consequences for even suggesting the use of "Social Justice".

Conservative and Independent-Libertarian Americans need to band together, organize, particularly Working-White-Americans, and Bloc-Vote against the Left, until a Far-Leftie in political office is a rare occurrence, and openly admitting to a "Social Justice" (Anti-White) agenda is political suicide!

We need only band-together, talk it out, organize, and show up at the polls!

As "Saint" Obama said, "Elections have Consequences".

There is a reckoning coming to the Left, and it cannot come too soon, or be too harsh.

-

Glen was using the Navy as a reference to his analogy. Different rules altogether. I have physically thrown a few of my snipes into the shower after telling them a dozen times to clean up. I have taken a fire hose to a couple guys down in the engine rooms. I have taken CD players from shipmates who were told to keep the volume down a dozen times.

The military is not the civilian world.....although the new military is quite different now.

And even within the military, the deployment is a temporary situation, broken by periods in port refitting, or on shore leave, when the sailors are allowed to blow off pent up aggression and stretch themselves is seclusion.

Without those periods of periodic "Shore Leave", the navy discipline fails completely.

We cannot use the Navy analogy for American Civilian "shore life", because there is no where to go to escape the "American-Society-Deployment".

Unless your goal is to change the system, to cause its collapse and destruction... Kinda like Obama-Care.

-

The social justice movement has turned into a cancer Lowdown. Something me and you can agree on.

Both of the actions you admitted to taking above are assault.

And taking peoples property without their consent is theft.

It seems to me that you should have been disciplined for your behavior.

No......they were. The military is not the civilian world where you are handed the soft glove treatment.

No......they were. The military is not the civilian world where you are handed the soft glove treatment.

They were what? What do you mean by "they were"?

They were what? What do you mean by "they were"?

Dirt bags, and assholes don't mix very well in Navy berthing areas. They either get it straight, or it will be taught to them sooner or later.

It's not for the mushy types like yourself.

Dirt bags, and assholes don't mix very well in Navy berthing areas. They either get it straight, or it will be taught to them sooner or later.

It's not for the mushy types like yourself.

So assaulting assholes and dirtbags is ok in the Navy? Maybe the navy needs more rules if that is perfectly fine behavior.

people have been saying for years "this is it. we have hit rock bottom. time for social values to start a rebound." ummmmmm, hasn't happened yet, and if Hillary wins in november I fail to see it bottoming out anytime soon. but hey, keep hope alive, right?

No, not really. He is talking about freedom and you are talking about manners. A person can have both.

No, I'm not talking about manners. For instance, stopping people from disturbing the peace is not about manners - it's about preventing tempers from flaring and resulting in violence.

That's because of the right to association. You do realize that doesn't mean he can force me to not stink, right?

No, but if he's a store owner, he can force you to leave the store.

So what? They have on right to keep their property values high.

Actually, yes, they DO have a right to keep their property values high. If your junkyard of a property is driving down their property values, then when they go to sell their properties, you are costing them many thousands of dollars...and they can take you to court over that and win. What's more, the city has a direct interest in keeping property values up - because by keeping those property values up, they collect more taxes, when enables the city to have better upkeep of its roads and schools...and because of this, the city can and will take you to court, too...and win.

Ummm..what? No, they don't have a right to not hear what they don't want to hear. That's silly.

Wrong answer. Almost every municipality has laws against disturbing the peace, in order to keep from violence occurring because some idiot wants to force everyone else to hear his music. And concerning your attempt to answer...so that means that if you've got a bunch of hoods living right next door and they decide to start blasting gangsta rap at oh-dark-thirty, keeping you and your wife and toddler awake, are you really going to just tell your wife and kids, "We don't have a right to not hear what we don't want to hear"? Really?

No, but if he's a store owner, he can force you to leave the store.

And that is property right.

Actually, yes, they DO have a right to keep their property values high. If your junkyard of a property is driving down their property values, then when they go to sell their properties, you are costing them many thousands of dollars...and they can take you to court over that and win.

Yeah, well, that's kind of dumb. Market values of property have really nothing whatsoever to do with property rights. To say you have a right to a certain sale price for your property is dumb.

What's more, the city has a direct interest in keeping property values up - because by keeping those property values up, they collect more taxes, when enables the city to have better upkeep of its roads and schools...and because of this, the city can and will take you to court, too...and win.

Yeah, ok.

Wrong answer. Almost every municipality has laws against disturbing the peace, in order to keep from violence occurring because some idiot wants to force everyone else to hear his music.

He wants to force everyone else to hear his music? I doubt he even cares other people exist at the moment. People can become upset at all sorts of things, but that is no reason restrict the rights of people.

And concerning your attempt to answer...so that means that if you've got a bunch of hoods living right next door and they decide to start blasting gangsta rap at oh-dark-thirty, keeping you and your wife and toddler awake, are you really going to just tell your wife and kids, "We don't have a right to not hear what we don't want to hear"? Really?

Emotional appeal.

No, I'm not talking about manners. For instance, stopping people from disturbing the peace is not about manners - it's about preventing tempers from flaring and resulting in violence.

People being inconsiderate can cause tempers to flare and result in violence, so...

No one has the right to force you to shower, clean up after yourself or to even turn down your music. People can bitch about those things all they please, but once they get it into their head they can force you to follow their will they have stepped over the line. Regardless, when it comes to social justice warriors and feminists their little game of social coercion is starting to fail and they are learning that people are tired of their ****.

They may not have the "right" to force you, but you can also guarandam-tee they sure as hell WILL force you.

You WILL be dragged out of your rack in the middle of the night and thrown in the shower
Your boom box WILL be smashed to pieces right in front of you
and you WILL be made to clean up your crap, or it WILL be made to disappear.

Keep being a dick to your shipmates and your life and deployment will be a very real personal hell.

STEAL from them, and see what happens.

What your post misses is that while yes you have the freedom to take offense at the drop of the hat I also have the freedom to ignore you so long as no crimes have been committed.

Eventually I will use it in the face bullies, even if they act weak and whiny, because I never bought into victim culture, and even if they riot, because my mamma raised no fool.

It is impossible to ignore that kind of behavior in a ship's berthing area.

They may not have the "right" to force you, but you can also guarandam-tee they sure as hell WILL force you.

You WILL be dragged out of your rack in the middle of the night and thrown in the shower
Your boom box WILL be smashed to pieces right in front of you
and you WILL be made to clean up your crap, or it WILL be made to disappear.

Keep being a dick to your shipmates and your life and deployment will be a very real personal hell.

STEAL from them, and see what happens.

Then you are endorsing assault and destruction of property. How nice.

Btw, do you think I will let those involved in the assault and destruction of property get away with it?

I'm also pretty sure what you endorsed here violates UCMJ Article 109 and Article 128. The last one could lead to a court martial.

Last edited:
Glen was using the Navy as a reference to his analogy. Different rules altogether. I have physically thrown a few of my snipes into the shower after telling them a dozen times to clean up. I have taken a fire hose to a couple guys down in the engine rooms. I have taken CD players from shipmates who were told to keep the volume down a dozen times.

The military is not the civilian world.....although the new military is quite different now.

don't forget Bos'n Locker Leadership

This all sounds reasonable, but where it gets oppressive in the SJW way is when concerns about the effect of speech, etc., on others is used to silence completely legitimate and needful speech for reasons having nothing at all to do with harm of any kind to others and everything to do with a lust for power and the desire to drive a specific, leftist, agenda on the part of the SJW ilk.

Again, we trust ourselves to know the difference between what is acceptable in the public square and what is not. We have no need of SJW hectoring, which we reject utterly.

SJW? could you educate me?

We want freedom. We want to be able to do, say, be, read, and play at anything. We have faith in ourselves that we are all able to make the best judgments for ourselves and what we believe in. We don’t need to be told how to speak. We don’t need to be told what books to read. We don’t need to be told which video games to play. We don’t need to be told any of those things. We don’t need to be instructed and lectured by politicians, we don’t need to be badgered and hectored by feminists, and we don’t need to be lied to by journalists. People are sick of it, and they are sick of the entire mendacious edifice. What is behind the rejection of this social justice thing, this language policing, this political correctness, these safe spaces, trigger warnings, micro aggressions, all this horse****, is the rejection of the idea that somebody else knows better than we do how to live our lives.

Paraphrased from Milo Yiannopoulos.

Somewhere, certain people became convinced they are immune to criticism for being complete and total assholes, like Milo Yiannopoulos.

Re: Why the "Social Justice" Fad Is Failing

Somewhere, certain people became convinced they are immune to criticism for being complete and total assholes, like Milo Yiannopoulos.
No that's not the problem. The problem that Milo is addressing is not the fact that he doesn't want criticism, it's the fact that people don't want him to speak at all, and want to shut him down every chance they can get.

No that's not the problem. The problem that Milo is addressing is not the fact that he doesn't want criticism, it's the fact that people don't want him to speak at all.

So what? That doesn't take away his right to speak.

So you physically assaulted other navy members? Is this something that is allowed in the navy? It sounds to me that allowing navy personal to force each other to shower is a great way to enable sexual assault.

It is called "leadership". The US Navy is not a day care center.

I am not going to write a letter home to someone's kin and explain why their loved one died because some antisocial layabout felt he was "special" and better than everyone else.

The rules and regs in the Navy are there for a reason, and there from bitter experience. As a LPO it was my job to get EVERYONE home alive. Including the layabout. That is why we sometimes have to use "leadership" on them.

Back
Top Bottom