• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the "Social Justice" Fad Is Failing

It is called "leadership". The US Navy is not a day care center.

I am not going to write a letter home to someone's kin and explain why their loved one died because some antisocial layabout felt he was "special" and better than everyone else.

The rules and regs in the Navy are there for a reason, and there from bitter experience. As a LPO it was my job to get EVERYONE home alive. Including the layabout. That is why we sometimes have to use "leadership" on them.

Assault is not leadership, it's assault. Learn the difference.

You have also admitted to supporting violating the code in two places, so don't even start with me on proper behavior.

So what? That doesn't take away his right to speak.

It does however act to shut down communication and restrict the ability for things to be settled.

Re: Why the "Social Justice" Fad Is Failing

So what? That doesn't take away his right to speak.
Nothing I said had anything to do with his right to speak. The problem with people shutting down Milo's events, is a part of a bigger issue, specifically with colleges shutting down any type of discussion or debate. Colleges have went from a place of debate and discussion of ideas, to a place where everyone's sensibilities have to be catered to, in order to not offend anyone, creating a 'safe space', trying to change everyone's speech to fall in line with their sensibilities, and shutting down any type of debate or discussion from people who oppose their views.

So assaulting assholes and dirtbags is ok in the Navy? Maybe the navy needs more rules if that is perfectly fine behavior.

It is rewarded, actually.

dirtbags and assholes are, well...dirtbags and assholes who completely deserved their ass kickings, loosing their boom boxes, getting thrown in the shower and scrubbed down with wire brushes.

One guy stole a few of his shipmates wallets that were found in his locked locker. That day everyone crapped in a sealed ammo can. That night he was drug in the head and told to take a bite out of that bucket after he was blindfolded.

Once blindfolded, we swapped the turd can for one with peeled overripe bananas. Still feel the same way, and the stink was still all over in the head.

He never stole a thing after that, but we also asked him to put in for a transfer.

Nothing I said had anything to do with his right to speak. The problem with people shutting down Milo's events, is a part of a bigger issue, specifically with colleges shutting down any type of discussion or debate. Colleges have went from a place of debate and discussion of ideas, to a place where everyone's sensibilities have to be catered to, in order to not offend anyone, creating a 'safe space', trying to change everyone's speech to fall in line with their sensibilities, and shutting down any type of debate or discussion from people who oppose their views.

That acts to control and manipulate the situation, which many times leads to things becoming worse. Part of the process of working through things as a community is talking about our ideas and working to an understanding, but when one side wants to control the conversation and shut the other side down it only acts to make people angry and many times worse.

dirtbags and assholes are, well...dirtbags and assholes who completely deserved their ass kickings, loosing their boom boxes, getting thrown in the shower and scrubbed down with wire brushes.

One guy stole a few of his shipmates wallets that were found in his locked locker. That day everyone crapped in a sealed ammo can. That night he was drug in the head and told to take a bite out of that bucket after he was blindfolded.

Once blindfolded, we swapped the turd can for one with peeled overripe bananas. Still feel the same way, and the stink was still all over in the head.

He never stole a thing after that, but we also asked him to put in for a transfer.

So you beat people up, forcibly showered people an did some weird **** with a turd. How is it possible you guys didn't get court martialed? That behavior is clearly in violation of article 128 and I'm pretty sure the punishment for what you did is a court martial.

And none of you would be seen again after that if that was me.

Then you are endorsing assault and destruction of property. How nice.

Btw, do you think I will let those involved in the assault and destruction of property get away with it?

I'm also pretty sure what you endorsed here violates UCMJ Article 109 and Article 128. The last one could lead to a court martial.

The moral of the whole division takes priority over one dickhead's dickheaded behavior. That is how it is on a ship at sea.

You get along with your shipmates.

The moral of the whole division takes priority over one dickhead's dickheaded behavior. That is how it is on a ship at sea.

You get along with your shipmates.

Or you get assaulted, stripped naked, forcably cleaned, have your property stolen or destroyed, and whatever that **** with the turd was. You all deserve to be in prison.

Frankly, I wouldn't be morning any of you if your victims came after you and made you pay for what you did.

That acts to control and manipulate the situation, which many times leads to things becoming worse. Part of the process of working through things as a community is talking about our ideas and working to an understanding, but when one side wants to control the conversation and shut the other side down it only acts to make people angry and many times worse.
I wholeheartedly agree. And it makes me mad that it's usually liberals doing this, because I thought being liberal meant being open to all kinds of ideas and discussions. But apparently not.

Assault is not leadership, it's assault. Learn the difference.

You have also admitted to supporting violating the code in two places, so don't even start with me on proper behavior.

...and exactly how many deployments have you been on? To lecture me on Military law and leadership?

how many years at sea are on your DD-214?

...and exactly how many deployments have you been on? To lecture me on Military law and leadership?

how many years at sea are on your DD-214?

I know leadership very well. I will lecture anyone that thinks leadership means beating people up, forced showers, and destruction of property, thank you very much.

Oh and yeah, I will lecture you on military law since what you said violates it pretty clearly.

Assault and personal property destruction are clearly against the code.

What are you going to do about it? Assault me? Force me to shower? Destroy my property? You better grab your friends because you won't get me alone.

Go live in a desert, society is no place for such a free and valiant soul. If you meet Pocahontas, be gentle with her. If you meet Princess Jasmine, she's not ISIS. If you trip over a magical cave, the password is open sesame.

So you beat people up, forcibly showered people an did some weird **** with a turd. How is it possible you guys didn't get court martialed? That behavior is clearly in violation of article 128 and I'm pretty sure the punishment for what you did is a court martial.

And none of you would be seen again after that if that was me.

It was NOT you.

With your "ME and ONLY ME" attitude, you would not even get through boot camp.

Joining the Navy requires a more selfless attitude, and the ability to get along with your shipmates.

You can play "sea lawyer" all day long. I KNOW how it is for real, was there several times, and got all my people back home.

It was NOT you.

With your "ME and ONLY ME" attitude, you would not even get through boot camp.

Joining the Navy requires a more selfless attitude, and the ability to get along with your shipmates.

You can play "sea lawyer" all day long. I KNOW how it is for real, was there several times, and got all my people back home.

Getting people back home doesn't mean you were good leader, but just that no one died. Congratulations on assaulting those people under you, mister leader.

Oh and yeah, I'm not a drone nor did I ever have any interest in being some idiot that risked my life for the state.

Or you get assaulted, stripped naked, forcably cleaned, have your property stolen or destroyed, and whatever that **** with the turd was. You all deserve to be in prison.

Frankly, I wouldn't be morning any of you if your victims came after you and made you pay for what you did.

That is why you will NEVER understand dickheaded behavior has its consequences. Those consequences might just include getting your dickheaded ass kicked, forcibly cleaned, your abusive boom box smashed or thrown over the side, and munching on what you think is a turd.

Stealing, stinking, and being a dickhead are NOT OK in the Navy, and there is a price to be paid if you do not stop. There are several warnings given first.

You are in a fighting man's world among fighting men who have a job to do. Staying clean, not stealing, and NOT bothering others are also your job.

I know leadership very well. I will lecture anyone that thinks leadership means beating people up, forced showers, and destruction of property, thank you very much.

Oh and yeah, I will lecture you on military law since what you said violates it pretty clearly.

Assault and personal property destruction are clearly against the code.

What are you going to do about it? Assault me? Force me to shower? Destroy my property? You better grab your friends because you won't get me alone.

You personally will NEVER be in that situation. You do not possess the traits to make a Navy man.

Best laugh I've had all day!

DUde, this is not complicated.

You must conform to the normal rhythms of the city.

I am pretty sure this is officially called the "dont be a dick" rule, ever heard of it?

I say the "Don't be a dick rule" doesn't go far enough. Call me extreme if you will, but I say we need a "Don't be an asshole" rule too!

That is why you will NEVER understand dickheaded behavior has its consequences. Those consequences might just include getting your dickheaded ass kicked, forcibly cleaned, your abusive boom box smashed or thrown over the side, and munching on what you think is a turd.

Stealing, stinking, and being a dickhead are NOT OK in the Navy, and there is a price to be paid if you do not stop. There are several warnings given first.

You are in a fighting man's world among fighting men who have a job to do. Staying clean, not stealing, and NOT bothering others are also your job.

Making sure people aren't beaten up, people aren't forcibly cleaned, and peoples property isn't destroyed is your job as the leader. It is not your job to beat people up, forcibly clean people, and destroy peoples property.

Oh and warnings don't change a ****ing thing. Oh and btw navy man, it is kind of gay to clean another man. Just sayin'. Living up to the village people song everyday it seems.

You personally will NEVER be in that situation. You do not possess the traits to make a Navy man.

Why should anyone sign up to something where assault and destruction of property are fine and dandy? The more I learn about the military the more I'm sure I made the right choice to not join at eighteen. From the gay **** you seem to enjoy doing I bet you enjoyed some man sex too. Have fun out there, dude.

Getting people back home doesn't mean you were good leader, but just that no one died. Congratulations on assaulting those people under you, mister leader.

Oh and yeah, I'm not a drone nor did I ever have any interest in being some idiot that risked my life for the state.

you forgot to add you also DO NOT possess

a selfless attitude
concern for others well being
common courtesy for others
compassion for your fellow humans in how they might feel about things
a sense of doing something bigger than yourself
willing to stand on any principles
the ability to NOT be a dick to other people

that is all I have time for tonight.

I could tell IMMEDIATELY you had never been in the Navy and have NO CLUE how to behave around other people in confined quarters.

you forgot to add you also DO NOT possess

a selfless attitude
concern for others well being
common courtesy for others
compassion for your fellow humans in how they might feel about things
a sense of doing something bigger than yourself
willing to stand on any principles
the ability to NOT be a dick to other people

that is all I have time for tonight.

I could tell IMMEDIATELY you had never been in the Navy and have NO CLUE how to behave around other people in confined quarters.

Because forcing people to shower by cleaning them yourself, beating them up, and destroying their property is civil behavior. Oh right, no, it's not.

And all it would seem you have is the desire to do gay things like wash other men in showers and talk about stupid slogans.

Making sure people aren't beaten up, people aren't forcibly cleaned, and peoples property isn't destroyed is your job as the leader. It is not your job to beat people up, forcibly clean people, and destroy peoples property.

Oh and warnings don't change a ****ing thing. Oh and btw navy man, it is kind of gay to clean another man. Just sayin'. Living up to the village people song everyday it seems.

You have NO IDEA what it is to be a leader in the Navy. NONE. Yet you seem to think you know all there is to know about it.

Yet....
a) You were NEVER in the Navy
b) You were NEVER deployed
c) You NEVER served on a ship
d) You find the whole idea of being in the Navy repulsive and gay

and for some reason you feel you are somehow qualified to tell me all about it.

Do you also know all about guns because you play a lot of war video games?

I wholeheartedly agree. And it makes me mad that it's usually liberals doing this, because I thought being liberal meant being open to all kinds of ideas and discussions. But apparently not.

I'm pretty sure it's not usually liberals, except in regions or enclaves (eg. some/many college campuses) where liberals are a predominant group. The same sort of behaviour has been just as (if not more) commonplace in previous decades, but directed instead against communists, homosexuals, atheists, pro-choicers and so on. The tide of public sentiment is shifting lately to less of a right/white/christian/conservative dominance, and since there are plenty of idiots, bigots and authoritarians in the left/minority/heathen/liberal spheres, the same kind of thing happens from a different angle. Naturally of course, the usual suspects feel compelled to ignore half the story and make some kind of partisan narrative out of it - which I rather suspect only serves to exacerbate the problem.

The art of respectful disagreement and even robust debate is threatened just as much by the rhetoric and sloganeering of the anti-'SJW' crowd as by the so-called SJWs themselves, I reckon.
Not that those have ever been particularly prevalent qualities to begin with :lol:

Last edited:
Why should anyone sign up to something where assault and destruction of property are fine and dandy? The more I learn about the military the more I'm sure I made the right choice to not join at eighteen. From the gay **** you seem to enjoy doing I bet you enjoyed some man sex too. Have fun out there, dude.

Post reported

You have NO IDEA what it is to be a leader in the Navy. NONE. Yet you seem to think you know all there is to know about it.

A leader is a leader. No leader can walk around doing everything that he is supposed to avoid from happening and retain the name. It is in fact one of the major flaws in how the state behaves, and it's apparently one of the problems with how people in leadership roles in the Navy behave. Go figure, an institution of the state suffers from the same shortfalls as the state.

Yet....
a) You were NEVER in the Navy
b) You were NEVER deployed
c) You NEVER served on a ship
d) You find the whole idea of being in the Navy repulsive and gay

Well, the military is kind of gay to begin with. I mean, it's not like gay behavior among men is uncommon in the military. Hell, the institution has a history of military personal raping each other and raping prisoners of war, so you know, it's gay.

Oh and apparently there is this game in the military where you put your dicks in each other faces. Did you play that? I know another poster here did.

Back
Top Bottom