• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I'm supporting Donald

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

Donald Trump Has a History of Not Paying His Bills. That Offers Some Insights Into His Personality.

Donald and Ivana Trump'''s Divorce: The Full Story | Vanity Fair

And then there's his taste. Again, not illegal but very questionable :lol:

Nonsense.

But if that were true, then you should have no problem showing that there's another developer with such a long list of workers who are suing him for non-payment. Heck, he's even being sued by own lawyers

Re the racial bias claim, first, I'd say big deal. This was five years after the Civil Rights Act. Building owners were slow to conform. Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. However the gvmt settled the case without Trump admitting any wrongdoing. No fines. Just an agreement that he would advertise "come one come all." One of the gvmt witnesses testified that he had been threatened by the gvmt prosecutor and coerced to lie. DT said all along he did not discriminate by color but that they did not want people on welfare in their units. *shrug*

Re your second link. Sixty lawsuits isn't exactly an OMG moment. Compare it to other developers for a realistic picture. Oh, wait. We can't. Because the media doesn't give a tinker's dam about it unless it pertains to trump.

Re third link. I read and read and found nothing humiliating. I'll leave it to you to pull some quotes if you wish. Divorce is often ugly, no question about it. BUT, having been thru my parents' divorce, and seeing Donald Jr a tremendous supporter of his dad, I doubt he humiliated her beyond what is often common in divorce. My mom, as example, filed papers that dad beat her. Wasn't true. Broke BOTH their hearts. But that's what it took for grounds at that time.

Don't know for sure that I'll vote for him, but can't STAND the media smear.

Thanks for the links.

No, you're not interested in anyone's horror story, and there a LOT more out there involving Trump. You're either too in love w/his image or too disinterested to find out about them.

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

The man is a ****ing con, a crook.

I'm not in love with his image. I'm a 20+ year business owner who understands much more about running a business and dealing with vendors and customers than one who gets a W2 in January and goes to H&R Block every year.

I'm not in love with his image. I'm a 20+ year business owner who understands much more about running a business and dealing with vendors and customers than one who gets a W2 in January and goes to H&R Block every year.

That's nice. It's also wholly irrelevant to the fact that Trump is a ripoff artist with vendors and subcontractors.

And who goes to H&R Block every year? What does that have to do with anything?

Re the racial bias claim, first, I'd say big deal. This was five years after the Civil Rights Act. Building owners were slow to conform. Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. However the gvmt settled the case without Trump admitting any wrongdoing. No fines. Just an agreement that he would advertise "come one come all." One of the gvmt witnesses testified that he had been threatened by the gvmt prosecutor and coerced to lie. DT said all along he did not discriminate by color but that they did not want people on welfare in their units. *shrug*

The article laid out the evidence showing that he did discriminate, and when it happened isn't the issue because you were the one who said that *everything* he's done was legal.

Re your second link. Sixty lawsuits isn't exactly an OMG moment. Compare it to other developers for a realistic picture. Oh, wait. We can't. Because the media doesn't give a tinker's dam about it unless it pertains to trump.

Feel free to compare. But as a businessman, it sounds like a whole lot to me. I've never been sued for non-payment. Have you?

Re third link. I read and read and found nothing humiliating. I'll leave it to you to pull some quotes if you wish. Divorce is often ugly, no question about it. BUT, having been thru my parents' divorce, and seeing Donald Jr a tremendous supporter of his dad, I doubt he humiliated her beyond what is often common in divorce. My mom, as example, filed papers that dad beat her. Wasn't true. Broke BOTH their hearts. But that's what it took for grounds at that time.

Don't know for sure that I'll vote for him, but can't STAND the media smear.

Thanks for the links.

I guess opinions can differ but I think intentionally running around in public with your girlfriend so the the newspapers can get pictures of it is pretty crass

One works where the jobs are. If I have a construction crew then it is in my, and my crew's, best interest to bid on jobs. Subcontractors often don't even know (or care) who the prime contractor is being hired by. Don't you find it odd that payday and car title loan (sharks?) are abundant?

If you are a subcontractor and don't know when Trump is the "prime contractor," time to get out of the business. I'm sure that's true in many cases, but when Trump (or any of the major developers) is involved in a development, everyone knows it.

No, you're not interested in anyone's horror story, and there a LOT more out there involving Trump. You're either too in love w/his image or too disinterested to find out about them.

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

The man is a ****ing con, a crook.

that is one lousy way to show support for a cheat

So his abuse of the system makes it alright? I don't see it that way. He was not forced to hire illegals was he? He could have taken the high road if he truly cared about anyone but himself. It's like asking a pedophile to make new laws about abusing children.

The US has a guest worker program. Perfectly legal.

Now we compare DT to a pedophile? You're a liberal. You wouldn't vote for a republican in any case. Why not stop beating a dead horse? Just vote for one.

As someone who has personally known a textbook narcissist, the idea of a narcissist "caring" for anyone but him/herself just makes me :lamo

If you are a subcontractor and don't know when Trump is the "prime contractor," time to get out of the business. I'm sure that's true in many cases, but when Trump (or any of the major developers) is involved in a development, everyone knows it.

To be fair, he said they may not know who is hiring the "prime contractor" not that he doesn't know who the prime actually is. So, if Trump were the prime, ttwtt78640 would know that, based on his post.

Just saying. Plus, the surety's bonding information as well as the specs (sometimes) and plans (most times) would tell you who is the owner and who the prime.

The article laid out the evidence showing that he did discriminate, and when it happened isn't the issue because you were the one who said that *everything* he's done was legal.

Feel free to compare. But as a businessman, it sounds like a whole lot to me. I've never been sued for non-payment. Have you?

I guess opinions can differ but I think intentionally running around in public with your girlfriend so the the newspapers can get pictures of it is pretty crass

Re discrimination...Well, then the gvmt sure blew it. They settled with DT with him not admitting to any wrongdoing. This was a landmark case. The gvmt smelled blood in the water. He could have been fined tens of millions of dollars. Bupkiss

Re not paying bills...I've surely not paid some because of poor service or defective product. I pay everything with my credit card for just that reason. Never been sued because the dollar amounts never warranted the time or expense. I've also negotiated bills down. AT&T billed me for $10,000 for engineering work. That was negotiated to zero. TMobile billed me $800 in overage. I negotiated it down to $175 after threatening to pay nothing. You've probably done some of the same kinds of things Part of living.

Re Ivana. I see. I hadn't read that far. I guess I look at it differently. That wouldn't be humiliating to me. That'd be ammunition. ;)

actually the economy is doing much better. you are trying to argue something that is just blatantly incorrect. the right wing anti fact revolution is in full swing

While true, the economy is doing better, at least when compared to the depths of the mortgage bubble popping to now, or if you believe the misleading GOV unemployment stats, when really, we are experiencing the last percentage of the population who have are not participating in the workforce. So pretty bad all thing considered.

Where it really matters, in GDP and in household income growth, both have been a great disappointment.
Vast majority of wages have been stagnant for 10 years or more, while the actual cost of living, not the indexed on the basket of products, but of other staples every consumer need purchase, this entire 'economy doing much better' time has been tepid to say the least and hasn't been the case for the vast majority of the electorate. Suffice it to say that they don't believe all the economist reports, but their own pocketbooks, and it doesn't look good to them.

Pretty much every other president has seen one or more quarters of robust 3% GDP growth except this president, who has seen at best a 1.75% GDP growth, this probably due to his very much anti-business regulation and agenda.

Further, the vast majority of the country thinks the nation is going in the wrong direction and is dissatisfied, and legitimately so.

So all of this "the economy is doing much better" talk is falling of deaf and disbelieving ears, and isn't going to do Obama or Hillary much good (as Hillary would be an Obama 3rd term). Neither has gained, and really hasn't earned, enough trust to believe "the economy is doing much better" talk from them. This would be the downside of lying to the electorate. You lose credibility as you also lose the ability to have thing taken on faith in the president.

Yes, Trump lies in order to manipulate people. And we know he's on the side of working people because he said so

:doh

Hillary lies to manipulate people. She also says she's on the side of working people because she said so, but her actions speak far louder.

Isn't Hillary the candidate that wants to hike taxes on the middle class?
At the same time a stumping that the middle class is under siege and under attack?
Seems her typical duplicitous nature in full view, doesn't it?

Disgusting bull****.

I'm sure a lot of people were saying that when women began pointing fingers at Jeffrey Epstein.

Not saying the woman's claims are true, but I wouldn't put it past Trump knowing his disgusting perception of women.

I'm sure a lot of people were saying that when women began pointing fingers at Jeffrey Epstein.

Not saying the woman's claims are true, but I wouldn't put it past Trump knowing his disgusting perception of women.

Yeah, I'm sure you "know" his disgusting perception of women. That's probably the reason he raised two powerhouse omen...because he belittled the at every opportunity.

The abject hatred I've seen the left exhibit in the last few election cycles is Unbelievable. And scarey.

Yeah, I'm sure you "know" his disgusting perception of women. That's probably the reason he raised two powerhouse omen...because he belittled the at every opportunity.

If the children of a narcissist exhibits the qualities he/she desires then that child is showered with praise and admiration and can "do no wrong." This is because narcissists see their children as extensions of themselves. If the child is in any way different they are shunned and shamed.

But judging whether a person is a misogynist based on "successful" their children are is quite a puzzling defense, especially coming from you, Maggie. :confused:

The abject hatred I've seen the left exhibit in the last few election cycles is Unbelievable. And scarey.

:roll:

1. Hay Dummy, your Home ownership chart ends after Obama's first year and even it shows a nose dive.

2. U3 unemployment is as useless # today because it doesn't count people who have given up looking.

3. wages are flat https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...QF6Z7pyILorWHbp37wuKrQ&bvm=bv.129391328,d.eWE

Obama was pulled off the golf course for a photo op. That was his absolute only contribution to the death of Bin Laden. It was Terrorist policies of Bush that killed Bin Laden.

1. Could be that the housing crash of '08 had something to do with that. Home owner ship is still over 60% even so.
2. If you're going to compare unemployment rates over time, you have to use the same formula. Change the formula, and your comparisons are useless.
3. Hey, dummy, your info is from 2014. Real wages are on the upswing once again.

So, you see, America is still a great place to live. I'm sorry to say, your gloom and doom stats just don't hold water, and your wonderful so called Republican (actually a liberal Democrat) candidate for the presidency can't make America great again. It's already great. Moreover, if we're so foolish as to elect Donald Trump, the fraud and con man, to the presidency, then we're likely to find it really as bad as the Trumpeteers want to paint it.

While true, the economy is doing better, at least when compared to the depths of the mortgage bubble popping to now, or if you believe the misleading GOV unemployment stats, when really, we are experiencing the last percentage of the population who have are not participating in the workforce. So pretty bad all thing considered.

Where it really matters, in GDP and in household income growth, both have been a great disappointment.
Vast majority of wages have been stagnant for 10 years or more, while the actual cost of living, not the indexed on the basket of products, but of other staples every consumer need purchase, this entire 'economy doing much better' time has been tepid to say the least and hasn't been the case for the vast majority of the electorate. Suffice it to say that they don't believe all the economist reports, but their own pocketbooks, and it doesn't look good to them.

Pretty much every other president has seen one or more quarters of robust 3% GDP growth except this president, who has seen at best a 1.75% GDP growth, this probably due to his very much anti-business regulation and agenda.

Further, the vast majority of the country thinks the nation is going in the wrong direction and is dissatisfied, and legitimately so.

So all of this "the economy is doing much better" talk is falling of deaf and disbelieving ears, and isn't going to do Obama or Hillary much good (as Hillary would be an Obama 3rd term). Neither has gained, and really hasn't earned, enough trust to believe "the economy is doing much better" talk from them. This would be the downside of lying to the electorate. You lose credibility as you also lose the ability to have thing taken on faith in the president.

actually the economy is doing much better. you are trying to argue something that is just blatantly incorrect. the right wing anti fact revolution is in full swing

EXACTLY!!!

He's the only one that can stop the toxic Clinton.

who is so toxic that she just might be elected to a second term, thus postponing a change in the White House for another 4 years. Elect Trump, and the voters will see what a fraud he is and elect someone else in 2020.

Interesting perspective on things. Elect the worst candidate so that he won't be in office very long.

Donald actually cares about the average joe. The taxi cab drivers, the construction workers, middle america.

The people he has repeatedly refused to pay so as to make his projects look not quite as bankrupt as they are?

If the children of a narcissist exhibits the qualities he/she desires then that child is showered with praise and admiration and can "do no wrong." This is because narcissists see their children as extensions of themselves. If the child is in any way different they are shunned and shamed.

But judging whether a person is a misogynist based on "successful" their children are is quite a puzzling defense, especially coming from you, Maggie. :confused:

:roll:

At least I'm basing it on something besides the Leftist media reports.

At least I'm basing it on something besides the Leftist media reports.

I'm basing my perception from years of interacting with a narcissistic mother-in-law. I know how they think/act.

So over the past few decades he's used bankruptcy laws dozens and dozens of times and ****ed over countless small businesses and workers all in an attempt to draw attention to how screwed up our system is? What a selfless hero.

So what if he's used bankruptcy laws? That law is there for a reason! It's a safety net, to encourage people to stick their necks out in creating businesses! Especially when you're talking millions!
If he's qualified to use it....why shouldn't he?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom