• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I'm supporting Donald

Pro-life - saving countless of unborn from slaughter.

Trump isn't going to do a thing about abortion.

Political Correctness - he plans to do something about it.

He is the last person who should have any say about what is offensive when he is arguably the most thin-skinned and sue-happy celebrity alive.

This election cycle has shaken me to the very core. Those I thought I could depend on for truth turned out to be charlatans.
Slap "Conservative" on the label and you can deceive many.

Evangelicals I found willing to overlook much of a candidate as long as they claimed to be pro-life. It didn't matter to them that Trump would bear false witness against those he was competing for the nomination. It didn't matter to them that Trump has a problem with lying even though Scripture states G-d hates a liar. It didn't matter to them that Trump declared he never had a need to ask for forgiveness while claiming to be of the Christian faith. Really?
To those Evangelicals I have this to say, How many of you realize it was 5 jurists nominated to the Supreme court by Republican presidents that voted in Roe v Wade to take the rights from states and passed abortion to be the law of the land! I doubt many do. Yet their ignorance helped give the Republican party Trump as their nominee.
Evangelicals deserve Face Palm 2016 for ignorance and compromising their values.

I will not vote for Trump or Hillary. I keep hearing Trump is the lesser of two evils but isn't that still voting for evil?

I checked out the Libertarian candidate but he is a plastic banana too when it comes to 1st Amendment rights. So I am fine with not voting for any of them.

But I will not forget the betrayal of so many so called "conservative" voices that deceived many into voting for Trump in the Republican primary. May they crash and burn as Trump is about to.

Cheers!

After a long 2 term administration where often repeated talking point was how great the economy is doing, to only have a few percent increase in wages and household income up slightly only in this last month of June is rather pitiful.

These economic gains are because of Obama's policies but rather in spite of them.

This being the case, then there's no compelling reason for more of the same economic policies, no compelling economic reason for a third Obama term, no compelling economic reason for electing Hillary.

So in your mind there is "no compelling reason" to avoid another recession which could be right around the corner if Trump wins? There is plenty to worry about in my memory which is not as short as yours apparently. Even those that poo poo the many economists dire warnings do so because they say he wont' get any of those policies through Congress which leaves us with the status quo or worse. At least Hillary has proposals that WILL help the middle class and should be implemented.

Sure, I agree, the actual proposals that Trump is touting would not be good for the US economy. The closing down of trade with China is an absurdity for example. But I say that this doesn’t matter. Simply because no one, not even Trump, thinks he’d ever get these ideas implemented, America just doesn’t work that way. This is all showground stuff to gain votes, no more and no less than that.

Forbes Welcome

Because his business model is built around bankruptcy. He ****s over others and makes out like a bandit. Why would you want a terrible businessman who wants the US to file bankruptcy as president. Its meant as a safety net for people legitimately trying to succeed, not a golden parachute for rich assholes. Just like Trump U, he builds his businesses around conning stupid people out of their money.

Obviously he didn't break any laws!

Terrible? Depends on how you look at the angles.
He bounces back! He doesn't quit! How many businessmen went bankrupt.....and never bounced back?
To say that Trump knows his way around in business would be an understatement!
If he had pulled himself out of bankruptcies and had managed to be back on top.....he's most likely to be the one to guide bankrupt cities and struggling regions!

Look where Trump is now!

A CNNMoney analysis calculates at least 34,000 jobs attributable to the Donald.
CNNMoney turned to PrivCo, which researches and tracks privately-held companies.

According to PrivCo, the Trump Organization has 22,450 employees and brought in $9.5 billion in annual revenue last year.

But that's not the whole picture. There are likely other jobs that might not exist without Trump. Economists call this the "multiplier effect."

New York's Broadway shows are a good example. Visitors who come to see shows, may stay at least a night or two at New York City hotels and spend money at restaurants and stores. So any analysis on the economic and job impact of Broadway takes into account more than just ticket sales and employment of actors, singers and stage hands.

The same holds true for Trump's resorts and hotels.

A more generous estimate would be to view the Trump Organization as a financial services or management company. Then the employment multiplier would be 3. That would bring jobs attributable to Trump to 67,000.
Donald Trump has created about 34,000 jobs - Sep. 3, 2015

Trump isn't going to do a thing about abortion.

We'll wait and see. To appoint someone pro-life in the Supreme Court is good.

He is the last person who should have any say about what is offensive...

How is that?

He wants to do away with political correctness so people wouldn't be walking on eggshells trying to offend anyone!
Why do you think the politically correct ***** generation find him so offensive? He's outspoken and speaks his mind.
He's exercising his freedom to express.

......when he is arguably the most thin-skinned and sue-happy celebrity alive.

You have the right to express yourself.....as long as you don't defame someone else.
There is such a law against libel and defamation, you know.

Last edited:
Trump's bankruptcies and non-payments to contractors have driven dozens of small businesses out of business. And add in the dozens of lawsuits against him by 'average Joes' like waiters, dishwashers, carpenters, plumbers, bartenders, etc. who Trump hasn't paid. Anyone who believes a rich, entitled billionaire cares about the 'average Joe' is naive to the nth degree.

These kind of threads are nothing but the same old same old Republican BS, they love the Echo chamber, they love being told what they want to hear. No matter who's saying it. Trump's a con man, and his history is filled with examples of his cons, lies, etc.

When you're rich, especially that rich.....you're likely to be sued for anything!

Show me evidence that he was found guilty of ripping people off.
I don't think he's eligible to run for office if he's convicted of anything.
Btw, the same justice that applies to you, applies to him!

Last edited:
So in your mind there is "no compelling reason" to avoid another recession which could be right around the corner if Trump wins? There is plenty to worry about in my memory which is not as short as yours apparently. Even those that poo poo the many economists dire warnings do so because they say he wont' get any of those policies through Congress which leaves us with the status quo or worse. At least Hillary has proposals that WILL help the middle class and should be implemented.

Forbes Welcome

As much as Obama's policies have helped the middle class? :roll:

Last I recall she was calling for even more tax hikes on top of the tax hikes that Obama got. I'm not seeing how that's going to help the middle class in the least.

I don't believe the often repeated canard that the 1%ers will be paying for everything. There aren't nearly enough of them to pay for much, even if the tax was 100% of the net worth. Last I recall it would only fund the government for a mere few months.

Is Donald Trump trying to throw this election?

Conspiracy theories are almost never true, and they're fun only to the extent that people don't actually believe them. That said, it's hard not to consider David Axelrod's assessment Thursday on CNN, following a rocky week for the 2016 Republican presidential nominee: "If Donald Trump were trying to lose this election — and I'm not saying he is — but if he were, I'm not sure he'd behave any differently than he has in the last few days."

There has been mostly-in-jest murmuring since Trump took his escalator ride down to political stardom last year that he is a plant for Hillary Clinton, perhaps persuaded to run by Bill Clinton to torpedo the Republican Party. It's a preposterous conspiracy theory, especially ridiculous because either the Republican electorate would have to be in on the prank or oblivious to Trump's repeated attempts to disqualify himself.

And yet, here we are. After managing to win the Republican nomination over a large field of governors and senators, despite (or maybe because of) his alienating large groups of Latinos, women, Muslims, African Americans, and most remarkably of all, conservatives, Trump almost singlehandedly turned his post-convention bounce into a polling deficit that, were it to hold through November, would make Walter Mondale and Barry Goldwater feel better about their losses. Even at the convention, his wife plagiarized Michelle Obama, a misstep almost too comically inept to be accidental.

At a time when Republicans are pleading with Trump to focus his attacks on Clinton, he's now at rallies "talking about receiving a Purple Heart from a supporter, promoting his golf club in Virginia, and creating new headlines about his spat with the Khan family who lost their son in the Iraq War," as The Washington Post's Amber Phillips notes. "What is he doing relitigating every controversy from the primary season?" Megyn Kelly asked on Fox News Wednesday night. "It's true the mainstream media now hates Trump," she added. "But must he help them? Must he help them so generously every day?"

Donald Trump has managed to provoke stalwart Republicans into declaring their intention to vote for Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton! It's hard to see how you could do that by accident.

So let's consider the possibility that Donald Trump does not want to be president, as some Trump skeptics have argued all along. Trump appears to genuinely enjoy campaigning for president, unlike his Democratic rival, but actually being president requires hard work, lousy pay (for Trump), and a sharp attention to detail on a broad range of complicated subjects. Unlike a real estate chief executive, a president is constrained by two coequal beaches of government. Unlike on reality TV, you are hated by up to half of the country.

With Trump, meanwhile, "it's impossible to keep him focused on any topic, other than his own self-aggrandizement, for more than a few minutes," Tony Schwartz, who (at least) co-wrote Trump's 1987 bestseller The Art of the Deal, told The New Yorker. "If he had to be briefed on a crisis in the Situation Room, it's impossible to imagine him paying attention over a long period of time."

continued.....

After a long 2 term administration where often repeated talking point was how great the economy is doing, to only have a few percent increase in wages and household income up slightly only in this last month of June is rather pitiful.

These economic gains are because of Obama's policies but rather in spite of them.

This being the case, then there's no compelling reason for more of the same economic policies, no compelling economic reason for a third Obama term, no compelling economic reason for electing Hillary.

the problem is there are many compelling reasons to not elect trump

As much as Obama's policies have helped the middle class? :roll:

No he is helping the poor by pardoning millions of illegal aliens to compete for the few jobs their are. He is helping the rich and powerful by providing millions of legal cheap labor to keep wages down.

Last I recall she was calling for even more tax hikes on top of the tax hikes that Obama got. I'm not seeing how that's going to help the middle class in the least.

It will help them out of their money.

I don't believe the often repeated canard that the 1%ers will be paying for everything. There aren't nearly enough of them to pay for much, even if the tax was 100% of the net worth. Last I recall it would only fund the government for a mere few months.

They did pay for Hillary. Oh wait that was to find out how to lose all her money while in office. Or more likely they wanted to know how to start up a Foundation that steals from the poor and fills their pockets with money. We know it wasn't a bribe.

Donald actually cares about the average joe. The taxi cab drivers, the construction workers, middle america. Blue collar American's love Donald, the elites and wealthy hate him. This is the exact opposite for Hillary.

That's because he understands the heartland. This isn't a liberal/conservative issue. Establishment Republicans are voting for Hillary because she provides a safe haven for the status quo. What has kept middle america down and out for seemingly forever. Donald understands us. We see it in the way he speaks. The unspoken words he mouths in his body language.

Obama and the establishment have attacked Americans day in and day out by expanding the H-1B Visa program, DACA. Where is the outrage we allow illegal immigrants who have expired visa to buy homes, jobs, drivers license? Obama is leading us to another housing and economic crash yet we say it is okay because he caters to cool points and vanity.

This unfettered support of illegal immigrants is illogical. Not only is it ruining our economy, but increasing our vulnerability to terrorist attacks. Even liberals/democrats know this, they are just too afraid to come across as racist.

How exactly is Obama leading us to another housing and economic crash? Be specific.

When you're rich, especially that rich.....you're likely to be sued for anything!

Show me evidence that he was found guilty of ripping people off.
I don't think he's eligible to run for office if he's convicted of anything.
Btw, the same justice that applies to you, applies to him!

you are out in the bushes on this one. the vary act of bankruptcy means people are getting screwed

This election cycle has shaken me to the very core. Those I thought I could depend on for truth turned out to be charlatans.

Evangelicals I found willing to overlook much of a candidate as long as they claimed to be pro-life. It didn't matter to them that Trump would bear false witness against those he was competing for the nomination. It didn't matter to them that Trump has a problem with lying even though Scripture states G-d hates a liar. It didn't matter to them that Trump declared he never had a need to ask for forgiveness while claiming to be of the Christian faith. Really?
To those Evangelicals I have this to say, How many of you realize it was 5 jurists nominated to the Supreme court by Republican presidents that voted in Roe v Wade to take the rights from states and passed abortion to be the law of the land! I doubt many do. Yet their ignorance helped give the Republican party Trump as their nominee.
Evangelicals deserve Face Palm 2016 for ignorance and compromising their values.

I will not vote for Trump or Hillary. I keep hearing Trump is the lesser of two evils but isn't that still voting for evil?

I checked out the Libertarian candidate but he is a plastic banana too when it comes to 1st Amendment rights. So I am fine with not voting for any of them.

But I will not forget the betrayal of so many so called "conservative" voices that deceived many into voting for Trump in the Republican primary. May they crash and burn as Trump is about to.

Cheers!
Very good post!

It baffles me that abortion is such a litmus test for some, but it is.

Cheers!

You are my soul sister. I couldn't have said it better, and I wouldn't say it any differently. Post of the day for me.

Conspiracy theories are almost never true, and they're fun only to the extent that people don't actually believe them. That said, it's hard not to consider David Axelrod's assessment Thursday on CNN, following a rocky week for the 2016 Republican presidential nominee: "If Donald Trump were trying to lose this election — and I'm not saying he is — but if he were, I'm not sure he'd behave any differently than he has in the last few days."

There has been mostly-in-jest murmuring since Trump took his escalator ride down to political stardom last year that he is a plant for Hillary Clinton, perhaps persuaded to run by Bill Clinton to torpedo the Republican Party. It's a preposterous conspiracy theory, especially ridiculous because either the Republican electorate would have to be in on the prank or oblivious to Trump's repeated attempts to disqualify himself.

And yet, here we are. After managing to win the Republican nomination over a large field of governors and senators, despite (or maybe because of) his alienating large groups of Latinos, women, Muslims, African Americans, and most remarkably of all, conservatives, Trump almost singlehandedly turned his post-convention bounce into a polling deficit that, were it to hold through November, would make Walter Mondale and Barry Goldwater feel better about their losses. Even at the convention, his wife plagiarized Michelle Obama, a misstep almost too comically inept to be accidental.

At a time when Republicans are pleading with Trump to focus his attacks on Clinton, he's now at rallies "talking about receiving a Purple Heart from a supporter, promoting his golf club in Virginia, and creating new headlines about his spat with the Khan family who lost their son in the Iraq War," as The Washington Post's Amber Phillips notes. "What is he doing relitigating every controversy from the primary season?" Megyn Kelly asked on Fox News Wednesday night. "It's true the mainstream media now hates Trump," she added. "But must he help them? Must he help them so generously every day?"

Donald Trump has managed to provoke stalwart Republicans into declaring their intention to vote for Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton! It's hard to see how you could do that by accident.

So let's consider the possibility that Donald Trump does not want to be president, as some Trump skeptics have argued all along. Trump appears to genuinely enjoy campaigning for president, unlike his Democratic rival, but actually being president requires hard work, lousy pay (for Trump), and a sharp attention to detail on a broad range of complicated subjects. Unlike a real estate chief executive, a president is constrained by two coequal beaches of government. Unlike on reality TV, you are hated by up to half of the country.

With Trump, meanwhile, "it's impossible to keep him focused on any topic, other than his own self-aggrandizement, for more than a few minutes," Tony Schwartz, who (at least) co-wrote Trump's 1987 bestseller The Art of the Deal, told The New Yorker. "If he had to be briefed on a crisis in the Situation Room, it's impossible to imagine him paying attention over a long period of time."

continued.....

now that may very well be true. He's either trying to throw it, or he is a human being with empathy for very little outside of his own bank account and the reactionary nature of an immature high school kid.

but...

even so, I want him to defeat Hillary. if he can, then the republicans can either block any policy he tries to implement if we see them as bad (and scream loud enough). He will be much easier to block than Hillary.

OR, if he were to say, drop out at the last moment, then we would get a huge wake up call to reform politics in this country, which may make way for a viable 3rd party.

yes, I could just support a 3rd party, but they will lose and no one will notice. no, we need a scandal that could rock the political system to the ground.

the other option, God forbid, is that Trump wins and actually tries to implement some fairly libertarian policies. I'm fine with that.

Cheers!

The 3 times married Trump. Who owns strip clubs and casinos Trump. Who swears like a sailor Trump. And doesn't know the Bible from a dictionary Trump.

So yeah I too am quite surprised how many Evangelicals are supporting Trump and how much they are compromising their values and beliefs.

you are out in the bushes on this one. the vary act of bankruptcy means people are getting screwed

Businesses can fail. That's a factual part of it.

You're out in the bushes on this one. Your quarrel is not with Trump.
Your quarrel is with the system.

Last edited:
Firstly, Trump is a con man and fraud. In reality, he is none of the things you think he is at all.

Secondly, illegal immigration has tapered off to nearly zero in the past eight years. Here's what the Pro illegal "National Council of La Raza" says about Obama:

Lesson: Don't believe everything someone tells you.

Donald is a savvy businessmen that used the system to his advantage. Every billionaire has done that and used questionable tactics ethically. Remember, Donald was a media darling before he started speaking the truth. Celebrities loved him when he was the host of the Apprentice. It was only when he was talking about curbing illegal immigration and helping the poor when they turned on him.

In order to be a billionaire, you have to be RUTHLESS. I am assuming many people on this forum like Mark Zuckerberg however he essentially stole his colleagues idea and started a billionaire dollar company in Facebook. Why aren't more people calling Mark Zuckerberg a thief or criminal?

The same can be said for Mark Cuban, Warren Buffett, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc..

Donald is a savvy businessmen that used the system to his advantage. Every billionaire has done that and used questionable tactics ethically. Remember, Donald was a media darling before he started speaking the truth. Celebrities loved him when he was the host of the Apprentice. It was only when he was talking about curbing illegal immigration and helping the poor when they turned on him.

In order to be a billionaire, you have to be RUTHLESS. I am assuming many people on this forum like Mark Zuckerberg however he essentially stole his colleagues idea and started a billionaire dollar company in Facebook. Why aren't more people calling Mark Zuckerberg a thief or criminal?

The same can be said for Mark Cuban, Warren Buffett, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, etc..

Bill Gates isn't running for president. You just listed several negative traits but are handwaving them because that's how you get rich? That's a good quality in a president!?

Donald is like the magician revealing all the tricks of the trade and showing how they are actually done.

This con man drivel is a joke.

Bill Gates isn't running for president. You just listed several negative traits but are handwaving them because that's how you get rich? That's a good quality in a president!?

We need presidents that are successful or titans in their industry. Not community organizers or failed senators that have proven nothing.

As the donald said to Rubio: "How many people have you hired?"

The 3 times married Trump. Who owns strip clubs and casinos Trump. Who swears like a sailor Trump. And doesn't know the Bible from a dictionary Trump.

So yeah I too am quite surprised how many Evangelicals are supporting Trump and how much they are compromising their values and beliefs.

So what's three-times married got to do with this? It is legal, no? We've got divorce, right?
Do you understand Christianity? How do you know he didn't repent?

What about Hillary Clinton? Starting from being an enabler of her husband who'd sexually assaulted women, all the way to her continuous lies and deception? What you criticize about Trump doesn't anywhere compare to Hillary's track record. Your criticisms are petty.

To Trump's supporters, he's definitely a better choice than Hillary Clinton.

We need presidents that are successful or titans in their industry. Not community organizers or failed senators that have proven nothing.

As the donald said to Rubio: "How many people have you hired?"

Why? Why is that a qualification? Being a better thief or criminal makes you a better president?

Back
Top Bottom