• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience[W:516:1716:2243]

Re: Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

Now we may be talking about another problem you may have.........

Did you know you can be cited for an unregistered vehicle on your property?

Let's see the statute.

Rather than doing your home work for you........prove me wrong

You made the allegation, so the ball's in your court. You spend a helluva lot of time in the gun control forum. Understand that you are wasting your time (and it's yours to waste) because you will never ever win a debate in here. No one will take you seriously when you can't even post your actually political "lean", but it's obvious to most. Your points on gun control have be debunked many time. Carry on.

VEHICLE CODE
SECTION 4000-4023

4000. (a) (1) A person shall not drive, move, or leave standing
upon a highway, or in an offstreet public parking facility
, any motor
vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, pole or pipe dolly, or logging dolly,
unless it is registered and the appropriate fees have been paid
under this code or registered under the permanent trailer
identification program, except that an off-highway motor vehicle
which displays an identification plate or device issued by the
department pursuant to Section 38010 may be driven, moved, or left
standing in an offstreet public parking facility without being
registered or paying registration fees.
(2) For purposes of this subdivision, "offstreet public parking
facility" means either of the following:
(A) Any publicly owned parking facility.
(B) Any privately owned parking facility for which no fee for the
privilege to park is charged and which is held open for the common
public use of retail customers.
(3) This subdivision does not apply to any motor vehicle stored in
a privately owned offstreet parking facility by, or with the express
permission of, the owner of the privately owned offstreet parking
facility.

You made the allegation, so the ball's in your court. You spend a helluva lot of time in the gun control forum. Understand that you are wasting your time (and it's yours to waste) because you will never ever win a debate in here. No one will take you seriously when you can't even post your actually political "lean", but it's obvious to most. Your points on gun control have be debunked many time. Carry on.
They do not understand that the burden of proof Always lies with the one making a claim.

Why Gun Nuts Lie ? I Know From Experience
Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

“………I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. I’m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.”

There are lots of reasons why people lie. And without question they lie about guns. But to eliminate the author suggests there is no need to lie if following proposal is implemented which will end all the controversy:

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Require safety inspections
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the manufacturers of guns are never held accountable for the actions of people who abuse their products.

Do we have a deal?

Let’s stop acting like there are only 2 sides of this argument. We’re killing each other. Literally.
Please, for the love of logic, stop using outdated ridiculous concepts of tyranny to defend the dying dinosaur that is our 2nd Amendment.
Like it or not, it needs an update”

I think this is a great idea and will go a long way to end the controversy and eliminate the need to lie

SEE:

Because this isn't what you want. What you, and every other anti-gun nut wants is the complete removal of guns from the hands of citizens. If you say that gun owners are lying, at least have the decency to admit your own lies.

Nevada:

NRS 482.205  Registration required for certain vehicles.  Except as otherwise provided in this chapter and NRS 706.188, every owner of a motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer intended to be operated upon any highway in this State shall, before the motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer can be operated, apply to the Department or a registered dealer for and obtain the registration thereof.

Alaska....

Every vehicle driven, moved, or parked upon a highway or other public parking place in the state shall be registered under this chapter except when the vehicle is

(1) driven or moved on a highway only for the purpose of crossing the highway from one private property to another, including an implement of husbandry as defined by regulation;

(2) driven or moved on a highway under a dealer's plate or temporary permit as provided for in AS 28.10.031 and 28.10.181(j);

(3) special mobile equipment as defined by regulation;

(4) owned by the United States;

(5) moved by human or animal power;

(6) exempt under 50 U.S.C. App. 501-591 (Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act);

(7) driven or parked only on private property;

(8) the vehicle of a nonresident as provided under AS 28.10.121;

(9) transported under a special permit under AS 28.10.151;

(10) being driven or moved on a highway, vehicular way, or a public parking place in the state that is not connected by a land highway or vehicular way to

(A) the land-connected state highway system; or

(B) a highway or vehicular way with an average daily traffic volume greater than 499;

(11) an implement of husbandry operated in accordance with the provisions of AS 19.10.065;

(12) an electric personal motor vehicle.

Do we see a trend here?

Actually you do..........

I'd say that probably depends on which state.

I know of one vehicle that never leaves private property and isn't licensed (no plate) and I'd wager that it isn't registered (for use on public roads) either.

I also recall a DUI case where the drunk moved his car on his own driveway, and never got on the public street. I do believe that the charges were dropped.

I guess laws apply differently in public spaces vs. private spaces.

I'd say that probably depends on which state.

I know of one vehicle that never leaves private property and isn't licensed (no plate) and I'd wager that it isn't registered (for use on public roads) either.

I also recall a DUI case where the drunk moved his car on his own driveway, and never got on the public street. I do believe that the charges were dropped.

I guess laws apply differently in public spaces vs. private spaces.

Well, three for three my posts show it is highways and public places that require registration.

I guess I spent more time than imyoda in researching the idea.

The thread title is unintentionally correct. Just not as imyoda intended.:)

You can be cited for driving an unlicensed vehicle........no insurance......and being uninspected............And then have to pay a hefty fine......

I haven't even tried......But why don't you try to Google it

not in my state.

And just to point out.. with all the licensing requirments.. etc that you listed... vehicular accidents are still one of the leading causes of death in this country.

and that's because none of that BS you listed really makes folks much if any safer.

I just got into this argument over drivers licenses.

"but it makes sure people are safe"..

Well beyond the fact that again.. vehicular accidents are a leading cause of death...

My son will take his drivers test in a few months. The likelihood is that HE WILL NEVER EVER TAKE ANOTHER DRIVERS TEST AGAIN. In perhaps 70 years of driving.

Yet you really think that test 70 years ago.. is keeping you safe?

Please.

I cant own a modern tank or anti armor missile, or artillery. Used to be able to own those sorts of things. I cant buy a modern machine gun such as the Ultimax 100 by Singapore Arms, or purchase or own a MK19 Grenade launcher or a M2 .50 caliber machine gun, amongst the many things it is technically unlawful for me to own.

I think you can, but you have to have some sort of Tax Stamp before you can, and these stamps are practically unobtainable.

I know of a CNC machinist who actually machined and built himself a Barret .50 cal sniper rifle clone.

Yeah, he applied for the stamp so that he could build it, and the FBI sent 2 guys over to interview him. And yes, he did build it, so me must have gotten his stamp for it. I saw it on his workbench all set up nice and pretty with it's bipod an' all. Let me tell you, that was one huge rifle!

Wrong...........if you think it not law in your sate .........prove it.......don't think you know it just because you think so........

You're asking him to prove the non-existence of something...

What do you expect him to do? Copy-paste every sentence of traffic law and related judgments?

I think you can, but you have to have some sort of Tax Stamp before you can, and these stamps are practically unobtainable.

I know of a CNC machinist who actually machined and built himself a Barret .50 cal sniper rifle clone.

Yeah, he applied for the stamp so that he could build it, and the FBI sent 2 guys over to interview him. And yes, he did build it, so me must have gotten his stamp for it. I saw it on his workbench all set up nice and pretty with it's bipod an' all. Let me tell you, that was one huge rifle!

Depending on your state you can own all of the above with the proper stamp and licenses.. Class 3 weapons license I believe for fully autoweapons and a separate license for destructive devices... ordinance.

I would bet the issue for your friend and the FBI is that he was going to build it.. which gets around the defecto registration of guns in the US by serial number.

Well, three for three my posts show it is highways and public places that require registration.

I guess I spent more time than imyoda in researching the idea.

The thread title is unintentionally correct. Just not as imyoda intended.:)

Yeah, I'd believe that. Seems typical, spouting off about what he insufficiently knows.

In the case of exclusively driving on private property 'NotYoda' is way off base, as proven by the multitude of posts documenting his error, and I suspect he is reveling his liberal statist nature (in spite of his false advertising lean).

Depending on your state you can own all of the above with the proper stamp and licenses.. Class 3 weapons license I believe for fully autoweapons and a separate license for destructive devices... ordinance.

I would bet the issue for your friend and the FBI is that he was going to build it.. which gets around the defecto registration of guns in the US by serial number.

I suspect you are right. He may have had to stamp into his receiver a serial number that the Fed issued to him for that firearm. That would make sense to me. If he had to or not, I don't know.

Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

“………I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. I’m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.”

There are lots of reasons why people lie. And without question they lie about guns. But to eliminate the author suggests there is no need to lie if following proposal is implemented which will end all the controversy:

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Require safety inspections
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the manufacturers of guns are never held accountable for the actions of people who abuse their products.

Do we have a deal?

Let’s stop acting like there are only 2 sides of this argument. We’re killing each other. Literally.
Please, for the love of logic, stop using outdated ridiculous concepts of tyranny to defend the dying dinosaur that is our 2nd Amendment.
Like it or not, it needs an update”

I think this is a great idea and will go a long way to end the controversy and eliminate the need to lie

I just love it when the cowardly fear and hate filled lunatics of this world project their fear all over the place. This piece of hyperbolic crap is no more than one big lie after the other. At no point does this ideological dimwit state why other than to make some idiotic claim the 2A is about tyranny and because he deems it impossible to fight government out dated. The lie of course is that the 2A is not just about tyranny and he knows nothing about urban fighting on home ground or self-defence. What he fails to list in his so-called references is any mention of a single genocide that took place against armed citizens. Ya think that might be significant? I suppose peanut brains cannot figure that one out.

His glaring omission of the independent studies that remain to date unrefuted that gun control has absolutely no success to show in more than 200 years of gun control legislation. Not one law has succeeded in producing the results claimed for it. Now how big a lie is that?

Wait there is more. It is beyond the laws of physics for guns to control humans in any way. Funny how gun control advocates so conveniently forget to address this glaring omission in their dogma and rhetoric as they like good lap dogs spread the propaganda they have sucked up.

Common sense is that only an idiot thinks that disarming the victims of crime will make anyone but criminals safer.

Naturally this cretin as a firearm owner is the product of firearm organisations sitting on their big fat backsides while gun control goes to work. He is the enemy within that will one by one convert all who are willing to listen to the same lies that converted him. Firearm organisations are like the 262 million who have died proving the power of propaganda, believing it is nothing to worry about or there is nothing they can do. The lesson still has not been learnt.

I suspect you are right. He may have had to stamp into his receiver a serial number that the Fed issued to him for that firearm. That would make sense to me. If he had to or not, I don't know.

Somewhere around 1965, my tool and die father decided he loved the Browning 1911 .45 calibre automatic but also hated it because it was horribly made. so he began making his own. It took seven years, but he forged the weapon identical to the original, except it looked better. It fired accurately, never jammed.
So as the holder of a federal dealer's license, he sought to register it like all his other weapons, a modest collection of about 20 hand guns.

He came close to melting the ****ing thing down. At one point he faced having all his guns taken away. You see there was one thing he didn't have....a federal arms manufacturing license.

Now, THAT to me is the real perversion of the second amendment. A hobbyist makes his own gun and faces possible jail.

I checked in Canada where 99% of the people are born hating guns and guess what. You make your own handgun, you register it like any other gun.

You see there was one thing he didn't have....a federal arms manufacturing license.

A clear violation of the Constitution. Gun regulation is not an enumerated power granted to the Fed, and since he wasn't selling it the commerce clause does not even apply.

This I understand.........One can never get claptrap minds to open and consider anything which may challenge or disprove what they wish to believe........and am, often told.......even in light of evidence proving otherwise

A friend recently bought a new 3D Printer and has made several AR lowers, the rest is easy to get, hard to stop that sort of enterprise.

Back
Top Bottom