• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience[W:516:1716:2243]

Re: Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

You can do that now as we speak...............Where's your problem

I cant own a modern tank or anti armor missile, or artillery. Used to be able to own those sorts of things. I cant buy a modern machine gun such as the Ultimax 100 by Singapore Arms, or purchase or own a MK19 Grenade launcher or a M2 .50 caliber machine gun, amongst the many things it is technically unlawful for me to own.

I cant own a modern tank or anti armor missile, or artillery. Used to be able to own those sorts of things. I cant buy a modern machine gun such as the Ultimax 100 by Singapore Arms, or purchase or own a MK19 Grenade launcher or a M2 .50 caliber machine gun, amongst the many things it is technically unlawful for me to own.

If its unlawful it sure ain't technical

You do know all that stuff minus background checks are only required if you plan to drive on a road paid for by the government. Do not need to do that to have and operate a car on private property.

Correct. I do it all the time. I own several motorcycles and have a small paved track on my property. All of the bikes were purchased w/o govt. knowledge, because it's none of their business in the first place. They aren't licensed or insured. As long as I don't take them on public roads, I don't have to do anything but drive them when I feel like it.

The only problem is that owning a firearm is a constitutional right while owning/driving a car is not.

Why do gun banners need to lie about their proposals? if all of those restrictions applied to any other right say abortion or voting they would be screaming bloody murder

Just a tip, every time you want to make a gun control law just apply the equivalent to another right and see if it makes sense. Hint, it never does. Stop ignoring that the 2nd amendment is a right.

Exactly.

Actually you do..........

No....you don't!

Nope if I just plan to drive on my property I do not have to do any of that.

Correct.

I do not like being called names, friend..........I support the 2A and believe in the right to own guns.........Screaming murder you say?..........Yes they hyave and today the SCOTUS said they were right and corrected the inequity......

But tell me what is the difference......I do not hear much noise about requirements to own/drive a car...........So what is it that makes gun nuts get nutty........

BTW

To make laws regulating the use of guns is constitutional......and doing so does not infringe upon your right to own a gun

Gun owners don't like to be called names either, so stop with the gun nut stuff.
It is none of the government's business what I own...period. You don't sound like any conservative to me.

actually you dont. I have a jeep scrambler that I only use on my deer lease. It hasnt been registered, inspected or insured in over 20 years nor does anyone need a liscense o drive it I learned how to drive on it when I was 12 years old.

Yep...correct.

You can be cited for driving an unlicensed vehicle........no insurance......and being uninspected............And then have to pay a hefty fine......

I haven't even tried......But why don't you try to Google it

Nope...maybe in your state, not in mine....and we don't have any kind of inspections on personal cars, for any reason!

No cop is going to come on my property and cite me for any vehicle unless it's an eyesore and can be seen by the public. In most of Oregon, they don't even enforce that very much. There are junk cars, pickups, tractors and other equipment, that I can view, from roadways, all over this state.

Last edited:

Are you for real?

Yes, he is for real....same for my state. We don't live in a Nanny state yet.

Isn't Florida the state where they have airplanes flying over people's yards to see what's on their property? Damn Gestapo BS!

And btw.....we don't have a deal!

I don't need anyone bad mouthing gun owners because they live in Nannyville USA and are jealous, because they are so constipated with regulations!

As far as the SC goes.....they can kiss my ass...I will ignore them.

Yes, he is for real....same for my state. We don't live in a Nanny state yet.

Isn't Florida the state where they have airplanes flying over people's yards to see what's on their property? Damn Gestapo BS!

No they use Google earth.............:lamo

No they use Google earth.............:lamo

It's not that up to date in many areas. And a small airplane can see a lot more...

Sure happy I don't live in a Nanny state.

Why Gun Nuts Lie ? I Know From Experience
Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

“………I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. I’m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.”

There are lots of reasons why people lie. And without question they lie about guns. But to eliminate the author suggests there is no need to lie if following proposal is implemented which will end all the controversy:

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Require safety inspections
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the manufacturers of guns are never held accountable for the actions of people who abuse their products.

Do we have a deal?

Let’s stop acting like there are only 2 sides of this argument. We’re killing each other. Literally.
Please, for the love of logic, stop using outdated ridiculous concepts of tyranny to defend the dying dinosaur that is our 2nd Amendment.
Like it or not, it needs an update”

I think this is a great idea and will go a long way to end the controversy and eliminate the need to lie

SEE:

Ha ha - op is funny.

I do not like being called names, friend..........I support the 2A and believe in the right to own guns.........Screaming murder you say?..........Yes they hyave and today the SCOTUS said they were right and corrected the inequity......

But tell me what is the difference......I do not hear much noise about requirements to own/drive a car...........So what is it that makes gun nuts get nutty........

BTW

To make laws regulating the use of guns is constitutional......and doing so does not infringe upon your right to own a gun

The 2A is not a right to merely own (keep?) a gun it is the tight to carry (bear?) that gun as well. When you attempt compare (equate?) conditions for obtaining a mere state issued privilege (driving certain motor vehicles on public roadways) to keeping an individual constitutional right you are far off the reservation of valid analogies.

Much the same has been attempted for the right to vote by adding state/local requirements for paying fees and/or passing tests. Sure most folks could still vote but some were unable to meet those added requirements. Privileges can be granted on a "may issue" basis but rights can only be removed by due process of law - once we lose sight of that very important distinction then individual freedom is what the state/local government says it is and afforded only to those folks that the government (currently) approves of.

If its unlawful it sure ain't technical

Its technical because the law is unconstitutional.

“………I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. I’m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.”

There are lots of reasons why people lie. And without question they lie about guns. But to eliminate the author suggests there is no need to lie if following proposal is implemented which will end all the controversy:

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the manufacturers of guns are never held accountable for the actions of people who abuse their products.

Do we have a deal?

Let’s stop acting like there are only 2 sides of this argument. We’re killing each other. Literally.
Please, for the love of logic, stop using outdated ridiculous concepts of tyranny to defend the dying dinosaur that is our 2nd Amendment.

I think this is a great idea and will go a long way to end the controversy and eliminate the need to lie

SEE:
And yet another stupid post not at all surprised . :roll:

I really need to explain to you the difference between a right and privilege? Are you really that ignorant or are you just trolling me?

The answer would be both !!! :lamo

BTW

As a general statement that is false, or as stated in the OP, a lie. It depends on the regulation. See DC v Heller.

Wrong...........if you think it not law in your sate .........prove it.......don't think you know it just because you think so........

as usual you are wrong. we have vehicles on our farm that are not licensed since these vehicles are confined to farm use. A truck only used on a farm that does not enter the public right of way is not licensed and my son could drive it on our farm LONG before he had a driver's license. The bannerrhoids who want to compare firearms to guns should note that in most states you need a license to carry firearms on the public streets and you also forget that

1) a driver's license is good in all fifty states

2) I can own cars that are faster than anything the police have

3) I can buy a car across state lines

so I suggest that the BM really doesn't want firearms and cars to be treated alike

Are you for real?

not in Ohio, that law ended years ago. Then we had emissions tests-that also went by the wayside. so you are wrong when it comes to Ohio

You can be cited for driving an unlicensed vehicle........no insurance......and being uninspected............And then have to pay a hefty fine......

I haven't even tried......But why don't you try to Google it

Ummmmmmmmmmmm

No.

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Mandatory registration
Background checks

Do we have a deal?

SEE:

any thread that insults the people it's discussing in the thread title can pretty much be assured of being little more than troll-bait... as this one is...

No Deal.

The only problem is that owning a firearm is a constitutional right while owning/driving a car is not.

Why do gun banners need to lie about their proposals? if all of those restrictions applied to any other right say abortion or voting they would be screaming bloody murder

Just a tip, every time you want to make a gun control law just apply the equivalent to another right and see if it makes sense. Hint, it never does. Stop ignoring that the 2nd amendment is a right.

Treat freedom of speech like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some speech
Require limits on what is said
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the people who speak out against injustice are never held accountable for the actions of people who use their words to justify violence.

Do we have a deal?

Are you?

California requires no annual inspection.

It DOES require a SMOG CHECK every other year.

But that does not imply the entire vehicle is inspected.

Man, when Texas has tougher car inspections than California you know something is wrong.

any thread that insults the people it's discussing in the thread title can pretty much be assured of being little more than troll-bait... as this one is...

Thank you for sharing your opinion

Are you?

California requires no annual inspection.

It DOES require a SMOG CHECK every other year.

But that does not imply the entire vehicle is inspected.

And your point is?

Back
Top Bottom