• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience[W:516:1716:2243]

Re: Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

No I am not bi-polar, are you?

You believe that the absence of law is true justice, and you compare me to your ex wife (out of nowhere).

It wasn't out of nowhere by any means. Your disjointed conversation was cause for me to remember how she use to discuss things....We live 4 blocks apart and I haven't spoken to her in nearly 24 years. She's nuts still......and I don't want anything to do with her.
Nope. I'm not bi-polar either. Thanks for asking.

Good, then I think it's clear that "self defense," the "right to bear arms," and "killing" are three different things. Sometimes two or more of those things may transpire concurrently, but they should not be confused.

This is a fantasy that gun owners have. At least, that's how the author portrayed it. In civilized society, the "most efficient means of protection," which may be suitable for survival, is not very civil. It may sometimes be necessary, but it's no longer urbane to spread this nonsense about a gang of criminals being taken down by true patriots.

Well the author is full of re-fries. Don't believe all the stuff you read from the mouths of liberals....there is no common sense in it.

so what is your point? You don't like people fighting back against criminals? or you don't like people having the means to do so?

I have the same question.

so what is your point? You don't like people fighting back against criminals? or you don't like people having the means to do so?
I love people fighting back against criminals. I have such a small amount of faith in the judicial system that I don't believe people have the means to do so. But that's besides the point.

Well the author is full of re-fries. Don't believe all the stuff you read from the mouths of liberals....there is no common sense in it.
I find that highly unlikely. The majority of the people spewing hyperbole and nonsense are the gun obsessed individuals, as was predicted by the author.

I love people fighting back against criminals. I have such a small amount of faith in the judicial system that I don't believe people have the means to do so. But that's besides the point.

I find that highly unlikely. The majority of the people spewing hyperbole and nonsense are the gun obsessed individuals, as was predicted by the author.

most gun "obsessed" persons are those trying to ban gun ownership or restrict the ownership of them

This is a fantasy that gun owners have. At least, that's how the author portrayed it. In civilized society, the "most efficient means of protection," which may be suitable for survival, is not very civil. It may sometimes be necessary, but it's no longer urbane to spread this nonsense about a gang of criminals being taken down by true patriots.

Who said anything about a gang of criminals being taken down by true patriots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who needs the judicial system? That's not the only answer ya know.

That's where you are wrong. You are a typical liberal that reads liberal BS and of course believes said BS. You find it highly unlikely, because you have no practical experience in these matters and have to go solely on what you read, or were told. I'll say it again.....the author is full of crap!

You love ignoring evidence that proves you wrong. I'm sure there is a name for such people, do you know what it is? It's not a race against the judicial system. It's called survival and the judicial system is not going to help anyone survive a criminal attack. Only an idiot would think it could.

23 studies in total and 100% of them say you are wrong and clueless of reality. Survivors of criminal attack have themselves to thank.

It would seem you need to turn to the hyperbole of the fear filled paranoid idiots of this world that seek to do others harm by disarming them making criminals happy to have unarmed victims. You should have no trouble identifying them. Just look for a stack of fear filled lies

Who said anything about a gang of criminals being taken down by true patriots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some just have to add some hyperbole to rationalise their delusions.

Are there no other countries in the world where self defense with lethal results isn't a crime?

Sweden for one. Self defence is permitted in all countries but and a very big but many do not allow anything other than a feather duster to be used. Even pepper spray will get you into trouble in the UK as will a pocket knife.

They don't have to be the same. If I shoot someone (or at someone without hitting them) in self defense, I'm using lethal force. Gunshots are only fatal about 20% of the time, so there's a good chance that the use of lethal force will not result in killing.

In some countries there are restrictions on "lethal-force" So even if your life is threatened and you use a firearm you are going to jail, UK for instance.

In some countries there are restrictions on "lethal-force" So even if your life is threatened and you use a firearm you are going to jail, UK for instance.

In the UK, using a sword against three intruders armed with illegal handguns will put you in jail. See R v Lindsay.

In the UK, using a sword against three intruders armed with illegal handguns will put you in jail. See R v Lindsay.

a nation with laws like this cannot be given respect.

Even a penknife will get you the same. A nation of idiots looking for the kindly slave master to take care of them

Back
Top Bottom