• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience[W:516:1716:2243]

Re: Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

You usually cannot have junk cars sitting around your property if not a junk yard, but you can certainly have operational vehicles used on your property and the police have no jurisdiction on your operation on private property. Can you imagine the ticket the local PD would write the NASCAR guys?

I know of a case were a man had 24 undriveable cars on his property He was cited for having an unlicensed vehicle on his property......and paid on hefty fine added to the cost of having the cars removed

Yea, they are junk cars, as with any other trash, a different problem. Operationally the police have no jurisdiction you your property.
I know of a case were a man had 24 undriveable cars on his property He was cited for having an unlicensed vehicle on his property......and paid on hefty fine added to the cost of having the cars removed

No you cant, at least not in my state. Maybe the the blue nanny state you live in yall have made some crazy laws.

I own several classic vehicles which I take to shows..............And if in this red state.............even if parked in my driveway one of my cars does not have a current license plate........I get a ticket

You need to move.
I own several classic vehicles which I take to shows..............And if in this red state.............even if parked in my driveway one of my cars does not have a current license plate........I get a ticket

That's your problem ....not mine

Its not my problem because I dont care, go ahead and try to prove me wrong if you can.

Really why don't you give us some details on this case you made u.... I mean know of.

he could well have been cited for public nuisance or some code violation, certainly not what you claim he was cited for.

Yea, they are junk cars, as with any other trash, a different problem. Operationally the police have no jurisdiction you your property.

If they see them that is called is "probable cause" which allows them on your property

Really why don't you give us some details on this case you made u.... I mean know of.

he could well have been cited for public nuisance or some code violation, certainly not what you claim he was cited for.

The guy was a farmer.......and he had them near the front of his property visible from the road.......

My best guess is someone complained about the mess......lowering property values and all that crap to the local authorities...........and this was how the authorities solved the problem.....

I have one of my cars ion the driveway without a current tag and had a cop at my door to give me a warning........

I'm not making anything up guys...........I have no reason to do so..........but to share so knowledge I know as a fact

no you do not

320.02 Registration required; application for registration; forms.—
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, every owner or person in charge of a motor vehicle that is operated or driven on the roads of this state shall register the vehicle in this state. The owner or person in charge shall apply to the department or to its authorized agent for registration of each such vehicle on a form prescribed by the department. A registration is not required for any motor vehicle that is not operated on the roads of this state during the registration period.

Not true

"A registration is not required for any motor vehicle that is not operated on the roads of this state during the registration period."

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

I really need to explain to you the difference between a right and privilege? Are you really that ignorant or are you just trolling me?

Well you have the privilege of living in a state that can make reasonable laws regulating the use of guns..........all of which is constitutional for the state to do

You usually cannot have junk cars sitting around your property if not a junk yard, but you can certainly have operational vehicles used on your property and the police have no jurisdiction on your operation on private property. Can you imagine the ticket the local PD would write the NASCAR guys?

That's not enforced as unregistered vehicle though, that's usually public nuisance or unlicensed business type violations. in newer neighborhoods there may be HOA covenants too.

Yeah if what yoda is saying is true the cops can pull over a car carrier on its way to the dealership and cite the truck driver for having 12 to 15 unlicensed vehicles..

beat me to it

This is the end of me beating my head against the wall trying to tell folks who think they know what they are talking about just because they think they know what it should be with no need to check it out.......

This is the end of me beating my head against the wall trying to tell folks who think they know what they are talking about just because they think they know what it should be with no need to check it out.......

We both quoted the Florida law to you, we did check it out and you were found out be be completely 100% wrong.

Why Gun Nuts Lie ? I Know From Experience
Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

“………I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. I’m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.”

There are lots of reasons why people lie. And without question they lie about guns. But to eliminate the author suggests there is no need to lie if following proposal is implemented which will end all the controversy:

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Require safety inspections
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the manufacturers of guns are never held accountable for the actions of people who abuse their products.

Do we have a deal?

Let’s stop acting like there are only 2 sides of this argument. We’re killing each other. Literally.
Please, for the love of logic, stop using outdated ridiculous concepts of tyranny to defend the dying dinosaur that is our 2nd Amendment.
Like it or not, it needs an update”

I think this is a great idea and will go a long way to end the controversy and eliminate the need to lie

SEE:

Using the automobile as an example is a false argument suggesting comparability of the two issues. The question is whether or not it is a lie or not.

cite the law.

We both quoted the Florida law to you, we did check it out and you were found out be be completely 100% wrong.

Which law is that..............Give me the statue number you claim

Why Gun Nuts Lie - I Know From Experience

“………I also understand and appreciate our Constitution. I’m fully aware of the 2nd Amendment, and how its authors wanted to prevent government tyranny. Considering what they had gone through, they had every right to demand such a thing.”

There are lots of reasons why people lie. And without question they lie about guns. But to eliminate the author suggests there is no need to lie if following proposal is implemented which will end all the controversy:

“Treat guns like cars.

Mandatory licenses
License renewals
Mandatory training
Mandatory insurance
Operating laws
Operating age limits
Restrict some models
Require safety inspections
Mandatory registration
Background checks
With this, the manufacturers of guns are never held accountable for the actions of people who abuse their products.

Do we have a deal?

Let’s stop acting like there are only 2 sides of this argument. We’re killing each other. Literally.
Please, for the love of logic, stop using outdated ridiculous concepts of tyranny to defend the dying dinosaur that is our 2nd Amendment.
Like it or not, it needs an update”

I think this is a great idea and will go a long way to end the controversy and eliminate the need to lie

SEE:

In a word. No.

I refuse to cede ANY more ground, further I fully intend to get back the ground that has been taken unlawfully. I expect to be able to purchase and own and use whatever arms suit my fancy.

In a word. No.

I refuse to cede ANY more ground, further I fully intend to get back the ground that has been taken unlawfully. I expect to be able to purchase and own and use whatever arms suit my fancy.

You can do that now as we speak...............Where's your problem

Which law is that..............Give me the statue number you claim

Registration required; application for registration; forms.—
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, every owner or person in charge of a motor vehicle that is operated or driven on the roads of this state shall register the vehicle in this state. The owner or person in charge shall apply to the department or to its authorized agent for registration of each such vehicle on a form prescribed by the department. A registration is not required for any motor vehicle that is not operated on the roads of this state during the registration period.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

You can be cited for driving an unlicensed vehicle........no insurance......and being uninspected............And then have to pay a hefty fine......

I haven't even tried......But why don't you try to Google it

Vehicle inspections aren't even a requirement in all states, even for cars that actually do drive on the roads, lol.

Back
Top Bottom