• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Don't They Primary Manchin?

Manchin's not just a moderate. He's further right than some Republicans.

Perhaps, but on which policies or positions? Manchin appears to have at least some reservations about constantly increasing the power and expense of the federal government, which (to some) places him on the far right.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh thats funny shit right there!!!

Manchin is representing his wealthy coal buddies and donors. DERP! 🤡🤓

Explain how he keeps getting elected.

Try to avoid phrases like "basket of deplorables" because it's possible for West Virginians to hate Democrats more than they already do.

Perhaps, but on which policies or positions? Manchin appears to have at least some reservations about constantly increasing the power and expense of the federal government, which (to some) places him on the far right.

That's kind of a Big Data question you asked.

Why Don't They Primary Manchin?

Anybody know?
Manchin is hugely popular in WV and was their Govenor for two terms I believe. If he isn't the candidate the Senate seat will go to a Republican. He is a gift to the Dems in that sense.

So, we need as many Democrats as possible in the Senate and in the House, Democrat too?

What will they do? Spank the Republicans?

Manifest destiny, get it out there on the wire.

Last chance to have a Theocracy?

I was responding to your OP question "Why Don't They Primary Manchin?" by saying they don't need to primary Manchin. Instead, the effort is better spent on electing more Dems in other states to overcome Manchin (and Sinema) virtually voting Republican. You haven't even given your position in the matter but instead question my answer. What's wrong about my answer and what answer do you think is better. It's your OP. Take a position.

West Virginia is a conservative state.

Progressives will not win a senate seat.

He wields quite a bit of power and attention as a Democrat.

If he changed parties, it would change the entire balance of power in organizing the lying thieves.

I'm pretty sure he could name his committee chair and get it.

Because he is a moderate and Biden needs him to keep the extreme left from pulling him further left. If the Republican moderates would help Biden then we could move even more to the center.

What is Biden promoting that is not a far left idea?

Manchin is as “left” as any democrat can be and win in WV.

It is a conservative state. Take the win.

Primary him and have a more progressive candidate win and the seat will wind up in the GOP column.

This is basic stuff.

What is Biden promoting that is not a far left idea?
The infrastructure bill. And notice how he worked with Manchen to stop the build back better bill without losing the far left.

I was responding to your OP question "Why Don't They Primary Manchin?" by saying they don't need to primary Manchin. Instead, the effort is better spent on electing more Dems in other states to overcome Manchin (and Sinema) virtually voting Republican. You haven't even given your position in the matter but instead question my answer. What's wrong about my answer and what answer do you think is better. It's your OP. Take a position.
Sorry, I went off track with my comments.

I feel like they can't run in 2022, with Manchin, they should kick him out of the Party.

No, do you know the truth of it? I'm just wroth and this is blowing off steam.

Biden should have gone to Manchin and say, "Let's repeal this 2017 tax cut no strings attached, I need your vote." But instead, he's going to do it piecemeal, which means I sit around waiting for him to tie up my loophole. So Biden appears an asshole and the people give him a low rating.

I'm also wroth that I lost Florida, Texas, the Kentucky Seat and allowed an insurrection.

No, you're absolutely right, more Democrats for both houses makes Manchin irrelevant.

The infrastructure bill. And notice how he worked with Manchen to stop the build back better bill without losing the far left.

You have to understand that Republicans were all for infrastructure (even Trump was for it) but they will never let Democrats have the credit for it. Pretty sure it would be the same boot-on-other-foot-wise.

The infrastructure bill is a big spending opening of the spigot of cash that will allow and promote the theft of billions of dollars while centralizing power and authority to the Feds and away from the people and states.

This is the definition of far left thinking.

The infrastructure bill is a big spending opening of the spigot of cash that will allow and promote the theft of billions of dollars.

This is the definition of

Taxation is theft. Get over it.

A shocking number of dems do not understand this.
I currently have multiple large bruises on my forehead from seeing all the “Democrats should kick Sinema and Manchin out of the party!” posts.

Sorry, I went off track with my comments.

I feel like they can't run in 2022, with Manchin, they should kick him out of the Party.

No, do you know the truth of it? I'm just wroth and this is blowing off steam.

Biden should have gone to Manchin and say, "Let's repeal this 2017 tax cut no strings attached, I need your vote." But instead, he's going to do it piecemeal, which means I sit around waiting for him to tie up my loophole. So Biden appears an asshole and the people give him a low rating.

I'm also wroth that I lost Florida, Texas, the Kentucky Seat and allowed an insurrection.

No, you're absolutely right, more Democrats for both houses makes Manchin irrelevant.

Thanks for what you said.

I don't believe a less con can win in WV. We've no choice than to live with Manchin. He's already complaining about Biden's rather soft proposal of raising taxes on the rich and corps.

Unfortunately, the Dems are the politically dumbest party I've experienced in my lifetime. I have little faith that they can be effective defending democracy and civil liberties. Getting them elected won't be because they've done a great job politicking, based on what I've seen so far. It was Stacey Abrams organizing and Trump's stupidity that won the GA Senate seats for the Dems to take the Senate, not the Dem party org itself. They did zip compared to Abrams.

And everything to do with the stupidity of the Dem party being unable to connect with
the people for the lack of messaging
the very fact of what you post.
I agree 100 percent
the dumb ass dem's are poor messager's...
the rePukes great message is a BIG lie...
-peace

Back
Top Bottom