• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Don't They Primary Manchin?

The infrastructure bill is a big spending opening of the spigot of cash that will allow and promote the theft of billions of dollars while centralizing power and authority to the Feds and away from the people and states.

This is the definition of far left thinking.
I'll bet that, if you were old enough, you thought the same thing about Eisenhower's interstate being built. Probably think motor cars were a pox on society.

I'll bet that, if you were old enough, you thought the same thing about Eisenhower's interstate being built. Probably think motor cars were a pox on society.

Ironically, Federal infrastructure programs take from the rich and give to the poor (states.) And poor states are mostly Republican.

The same is true of programs like childcare, though they aren't infrastructure. I guess the Republican objection is that they're social programs "destroying the family" or some such.

It's a very red state. If Manchin doesn't fill that Senate seat, there is little doubt a Republican will. What value do you think Dems would gain with a primary challenger to Manchin?

Thanks to his stupid votes against the For the People and Build Back Better bills - Joe Biden's top priorities last year along with cleaning up the executive branch - the Republican Party is giving him a ton of money for his re-election campaign. Joe Manchin must run as a Republican to win this year because he certainly will get no money from the Democratic Party.

Thanks to his stupid votes against the For the People and Build Back Better bills - Joe Biden's top priorities last year along with cleaning up the executive branch - the Republican Party is giving him a ton of money for his re-election campaign. Joe Manchin must run as a Republican to win this year because he certainly will get no money from the Democratic Party.
GOP would love that.

GOP would love that.

The party wants him to be a Republican because he acts like one. I can't believe this guy is a registered Democrat with so many decisions he makes favoring his burgundy state.

Only an extreme political novice doesn’t know the answer to this OP 😝

The party wants him to be a Republican because he acts like one. I can't believe this guy is a registered Democrat with so many decisions he makes favoring his burgundy state.
Other than bloated and wasteful spending bills doesn't he normally back the Dems?

Other than bloated and wasteful spending bills doesn't he normally back the Dems?

There is no such thing, obviously. Where have you been while our economy got much better because of a law that every single Republican voted against?

Why Don't They Primary Manchin?

Anybody know?
It's not rocket science. Manchin is a Senator in a red state that Trump took by large margins in 2016 and 2020. The democrats are well aware that if they primary Manchin, that seat will go to the republican column.

Gorsuch was Obama's third nominee for Supreme Court. McConnell wouldn't even let the Senate vote on him, remember?

What was that in exchange for? Answer: nothing. McConnell just did it because he could.

Gorsuch was Obama's third nominee for Supreme Court. McConnell wouldn't even let the Senate vote on him, remember?

What was that in exchange for? Answer: nothing. McConnell just did it because he could.
You seem very confused. Gorsuch was a Trump nominee and is now sitting on the court. Perhaps you are thinking of that moron Merrick Garland now serving as dementia Joe's attorney general.

You seem very confused. Gorsuch was a Trump nominee and is now sitting on the court. Perhaps you are thinking of that moron Merrick Garland now serving as dementia Joe's attorney general.

Yes, I got the names mixed up. Whatever your opinion of Garland, he was Obama's nominee and him being politically biased is no reason to not even hold hearings in the Senate. All nominees are biased, and if they're unacceptably so that's for the Senate to decide.

Also, you get to call lawyers "morons" when you show your own Harvard Law JD magna cum laude.

Then you would lose your bet.

Yes, I got the names mixed up. Whatever your opinion of Garland, he was Obama's nominee and him being politically biased is no reason to not even hold hearings in the Senate. All nominees are biased, and if they're unacceptably so that's for the Senate to decide.
McConnell was merely taking Joe Biden's advice:

Also, you get to call lawyers "morons" when you show your own Harvard Law JD magna cum laude.
You do what you like. I call them morons when they act like morons.

Oh yes. We all should hold Lawyers in such high esteem. 😂

Not all lawyers. Nor does Garland's qualification prove that he's incorruptible or even competent to the level required of a Supreme Court Justice.

Magna cum laude has different definitions depending on the school. At Harvard Law it means Garland came in the TOP TEN PERCENT of his year. This completely rules out that he's a "moron".

Before you play the senility card which Republicans are so eager to use when the old person is not one of their own ... Garland is 69.

McConnell was merely taking Joe Biden's advice:
That's what McConnell said. He might as well have said "words are legal precedent for acts" and not cared that he looks like a total hypocrite. That's par for the course for him.

There's another reason not to primary Manchin. He's not up for election until 2024. Even talking about it this year is very foolish.

Back
Top Bottom