• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do Wealthy Democrats Hate Diversity?

Why do wealthy democrats hate diversity in their own lives, and choose to live in white enclaves?

• They do it because to better their children's futures

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think you and Lursa share the same brain. You both seem to think the OP says something it doesn't.

Not at all. Your OP presumes an 'active' choice to not live in a diverse community. You have not proven that at all. For your claim to be true, you'd have to show evidence that they actively engineered living in a diverse community, rather than a negatively-based claim (meaning NO evidence at all) where they chose to live somewhere they wanted to live and there are just fewer minorities living there.

So, again, where is there ANY basis of fact in your claim beyond...they bought houses in low-diversity communities? If you can find us some similar neighborhoods (economically, security, schools, etc) that ARE diverse in the areas where they did buy, you might have a leg to stand on. Let's see it.

There is a difference between forced segregation and voluntary segregation. It seems quite clear that the majority of people voluntarily segregate to their own race and ethnicity. To many people, diversity really means "separate but equal."

I'm off to work now. I live in the most diverse state in the USA, and am decidedly not a Democrat. I actually defy the stereotypes, unlike many people commenting on this thread.

:lamo :lamo

Facts not in evidence! Not in ANY posts of yours I've ever read.

I didnt realize that 'they' were keeping other groups of people from living in neighborhoods where they want to live. Can you document that for me?

Your right, they just move if one to many blacks move in on them.

Sure it does, unless you mean supporting "diversity" also means supporting segregation. Or are you claiming rich people are FORCED to live where they live?

nope it doesnt now matter how much you claim it does lol :shrug:
if you disagree, present one fact that makes the claim of the OP true. List the facts that proves your living location = support/lack of support for diversity.....ready...go!

(count down to deflection, lie, straw man or goal post shift in 3 . . . . 2 . . . . . )

Doesn't matter, when anything, anything, has a way off percentage then it is discrimination. You know, like when more blacks get arrested by the police? According to the left it isn't because more blacks commit crimes but a discriminatory profiling. So, when whites live in multimillion dollar homes in rich neighborhoods it isn't because less blacks are multi-millionaires, but because discrimination is going on. It's also like when Hollywood elites blast Wall Street executives for using the poor to enrich themselves, while the Hollywood elites do the very same thing while living in their multi-million dollar mansions.

Of course it matters. Here, feel free to answer the same question:

Not at all. Your OP presumes an 'active' choice to not live in a diverse community. You have not proven that at all. For your claim to be true, you'd have to show evidence that they actively engineered living in a diverse community, rather than a negatively-based claim (meaning NO evidence at all) where they chose to live somewhere they wanted to live and there are just fewer minorities living there.

So, again, where is there ANY basis of fact in your claim beyond...they bought houses in low-diversity communities? If you can find us some similar neighborhoods (economically, security, schools, etc) that ARE diverse in the areas where they did buy, you might have a leg to stand on. Let's see it.

If you can find us some similar neighborhoods (economically, security, schools, etc) that ARE diverse in the areas where they did buy, you might have a leg to stand on. Let's see it.

Historically worldwide it is known what ends racism: Sex. Or more specifically interracial babies.

To try to preserve "minorities" in the USA the "one drop" rule still largely exists, though now is it 12.5% generally to define someone as a minority. Originally, ANY black ancestry conveyed slave ownership, the "one drop" rule. The most notable example was how INTENSELY the media and press demanded that rule is a truism by always calling President Obama the first "black" president to preserve racial divisions, instead of calling him the first black-white interracial president, which would tear down race identity.

It is the leftwing and Democratic Party that continually demands the existence of as many "minorities" as possible, even if the person is a majority non-minority.

Despite all the glowing praise Democrats have for diversity, their financially privileged members seem to refuse it in their own lives. Some examples include:

Why do wealthy democrats hate diversity in their own lives, and choose to live in white enclaves?

Interesting. Why did you ignore the many wealthy Democrats who live and work in the diverse cities, like New York, San Francisco, etc.

It's a lousy way to start an argument. Here are four example, THEREFORE, I'm going to stereotype an entire group of people based on these four cherry picked examples. It would be trivially simple to find four counter examples, and presumably refute the premise.

Of course it matters. Here, feel free to answer the same question:

If you can find us some similar neighborhoods (economically, security, schools, etc) that ARE diverse in the areas where they did buy, you might have a leg to stand on. Let's see it.

Doesn't matter to the left. They prove it time and time and time again. Another example, radical Muslims (yes, there are radical Muslims) are out to kill us so it makes sense to profile them at airports, rather than profiling an old white grandmother with her grandkids. But, no the left doesn't care that there is a better chance of a Muslim being a terrorist than an 80 year old white grandmother.

Doesn't matter to the left. They prove it time and time and time again.

That's not an answer to the question, it's just avoiding it.

Care to try again, to support the claim you made earlier?

Doesn't matter, when anything, anything, has a way off percentage then it is discrimination.

The major difference being that Donald and Melania don't go around preaching the virtues of diversity, nor do they attempt to demonize others who don't live in racially diverse neighborhoods.

No, Donald is more direct. He demonizes those who are diverse. If a person has a lot of money and is generous with it, who cares where they live? Bobby Kennedy came from wealth and privilege, yet he supported the farmworkers union, civil rights laws, and other causes to help those less well off. Was he supposed to live in a shack and pick fruit for a living? FDR was attacked for “betraying his class,” he managed to create extraordinary change. LBJ and Nixon on the other hand, came from more modest beginnings, big deal

I didnt realize that 'they' were keeping other groups of people from living in neighborhoods where they want to live. Can you document that for me?

BINGO!!!!!!!

Despite all the glowing praise Democrats have for diversity, their financially privileged members seem to refuse it in their own lives. Some examples include:

DsFoim8WoAUsDRV

DsFoirnWwAAIeuZ

DsFoirqXoAA1-Eu

DsFoirtW0AAz0j9

But it's not just the mega rich D's who're sheltering away their families from diversity. Writing for the LA Times, Professor Margaret Hagerman conducted research with wealthy progressive parents, and asked this question-

As progressive parents, is their primary responsibility to advance societal values — fairness, equal opportunity and social justice — or to give their children all the advantages in life that their resources can provide?

More often than not, values lost out.

One progressive parent lamented, “I care about social justice, but — I don’t want my kid to be a guinea pig.”

White progressive parents and the conundrum of privilege - Los Angeles Times

Looks like you've proved your point wrong. President Obama is living in a white neighborhood, no one seems to mind. What we need to do is reverse GOP trickle down (flood up) economics so that ALL AmeriCANs move up.

Interesting. Why did you ignore the many wealthy Democrats who live and work in the diverse cities, like New York, San Francisco, etc.

It's a lousy way to start an argument. Here are four example, THEREFORE, I'm going to stereotype an entire group of people based on these four cherry picked examples. It would be trivially simple to find four counter examples, and presumably refute the premise.
The reason he ignored it is he's not wealthy himself. He doesn't understand what owning more than one house is like - so he thinks Hillary and Obama live day in and day out in their inaccesible hamlets in the middle of nowhere.

The truth is that when you have multiple homes, and the financial freedom to travel the world, you hardly live in your official residence or any residence really. You're more likely to spend the night at a hotel, for a function, than at home.

TAAC is proof that no matter how much a person tries to sound educated on the internet, there are things which are so out of their reach, that no matter how hard they work, they'll never achieve it.

Let him enjoy his 9-5er ignorance.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Cracks me up you bitching about rich democrats while you worship an orange-colored, racist, narcissistic prick with delusions of grandeur who lives in a golden tower.

Self-examination is the right wing nut's blind spot.

From its start, the Democratic Party has always been the party of racial segregation. That is the core premise of all their race baiting and accusations of racism - pushing for racial division and racial segregation by declaring all people are identified by race and should be kept within their racial demographic.

That reminds me. I think we should start a DP thread entitled, "Poster Most Guilty of Projection"!

Our historic lack of ethnic diversity is precisely why we see privileged white enclaves.

OP = "All rich people are racists because they know best!"

He wishes.

OP = "All rich people are racists because they know best!"

He wishes.
Lol, TAAC probably thinks Richard Spencer really lives in whatever Louisiana trailer park his followers hail from.

One progressive parent lamented, “I care about social justice, but — I don’t want my kid to be a guinea pig.”

White progressive parents and the conundrum of privilege - Los Angeles Times

The way it's framed, diversity goes hand in hand with lowering standards. Diversity means choosing race over merit. When liberal white parents make choices, it's highly unlikely that they will lower their merit standards for themselves or their children in favor of some kind of artificially contrived "diversity" - contrived for the benefit of a political ideology.

The Obama’s own their home in Chicago, which is in a neighborhood that’s 20% white and about 60% black.

They still stay there while doing work with the developing Presidential library nearby. It’s not ‘vacant’.

An inconvenient truth for you.

The Chicago Tribune says the house is vacant, and I tend to trust that more than what you're saying.

Cracks me up you bitching about rich democrats while you worship an orange-colored, racist, narcissistic prick with delusions of grandeur who lives in a golden tower.

Self-examination is the right wing nut's blind spot.

As previously stated, Donald Trump doesn't blather on about diversity being next to godliness like the D's do. So if he lives in a golden palace in NYC, he's not contradicting any value he's reported himself as possessing, unlike the D-bag elite.

Lol, TAAC probably thinks Richard Spencer really lives in whatever Louisiana trailer park his followers hail from.

After reading this, it sounds like Spencer appreciates diversity more than Barack Obama does! Theres irony for you.

"The building thrust into the news, 1001 King St., is owned by Mahwash Wasiq, according to property records. She did not respond to a voicemail on her work phone or an email.

"She's not at home," said a woman who answered another phone number listed online for Wasiq. Asked if she could take a message, the woman said "sorry, no speak English" and hung up.

A downstairs chocolate shop in Spencer's four-floor building opened more than two years before his arrival in April 2015. The shop owners have been the subject of sympathetic news coverage. Upstairs, Spencer occupies a two-story unit, The Atlantic reported on Jan. 12 as he moved in."

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1001-King-St-Alexandria-VA-22314/2123619900_zpid/

Just want to point out, the OP is bragging in the most diverse state, while ignoring Chappaqua is in NY. How diverse is NY state? Lol, TAAC, you're never going to get ahead in life with this type of thinking.

It's only makes you an expandable laborer.

Let's hear from you why you left the most diverse state in search of a white wonderland? Care to explain? I thought ethnic food was the holy grail for today's D's, it's the only benefit any of them can muster when asked to name the benefits of diversity.

Back
Top Bottom