• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do Wealthy Democrats Hate Diversity?

Why do wealthy democrats hate diversity in their own lives, and choose to live in white enclaves?

• They do it because to better their children's futures

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Other. Most folks, being rich, poor or somewhere in between, do not choose their home's location based on 'diversity' (or the lack of it). I live where I do (a very diverse area, BTW) because that is what I can (currently and easily) afford to rent (for $300/month due to getting a very good deal from my landlord). My close neighbors, except for a few with large (200+ acres) farms/ranches, are generally not what anyone would consider to be rich.

I'm sure you can post a link to show us all that the Obamas have made sure that nobody other than white Christians are moving into their neighborhoods, or that the Clintons, Zuckers, and Pelosis have done the same thing.

I think you and Lursa share the same brain. You both seem to think the OP says something it doesn't.

He's building his library down the street and contrary to the falsehood in your post they do still own the house.

Obama Foundation CEO David Simas and his wife, Shauna McCarty, earlier this month paid $900,000 for a five-bedroom, 3,200-square-foot vintage brick house in the South Side Kenwood neighborhood, just a few short blocks from the currently vacant home of his boss.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/clas...-elite-street-david-simas-20180622-story.html

The Obamas home in Kenwood is vacant. They don't live there, but split their time between their home in Washington DC and California. I don't know why you think a vacant home they never visit might somehow make them seem to live in a diverse neighborhood. :shrug:

From its start, the Democratic Party has always been the party of racial segregation. That is the core premise of all their race baiting and accusations of racism - pushing for racial division and racial segregation by declaring all people are identified by race and should be kept within their racial demographic.
The Republican Party is whiter than Tilda Swinton riding a polar bear in a snowstorm to a Taylor Swift concert.
-- Michael Harriot, "How the Republican Party Became The Party of Racism"​

Red:
7mPP.gif

I'm off to work now. I live in the most diverse state in the USA, and am decidedly not a Democrat. I actually defy the stereotypes, unlike many people commenting on this thread.

Advocating for diversity while also supporting segregation consciously or subconsciously is not a contradiction. It even could be claimed that advocacy for diversity is an advocacy for segregation to preserve that diversity. If everyone and every culture blends together into one, this erases diversity.

That said, a real factor could be that very few blacks can afford to live in those neighborhoods and/or few blacks want to live in those neighborhoods feeling uncomfortable surrounded by all white people. Those are all extremely expensive houses. How many blacks could afford one?

There could be a birds of a feather flock together human nature without any overt conscious decision made. What is it that leads a person to want to buy one house and not another? Probably one factor is which house and neighborhood seems "better" as a sense impression of many factors.

In nature, different species of flocking birds have no problem being around each other, but at night they will each flock together per species. At night here there is a small island that hundreds of turkey ducks (that is what they are called, black diving water birds) and pelicans go to each night. They will generally segregate per tree by species, although not perfectly segregated.

Despite all the glowing praise Democrats have for diversity, their financially privileged members seem to refuse it in their own lives. Some examples include:

DsFoim8WoAUsDRV

DsFoirnWwAAIeuZ

DsFoirqXoAA1-Eu

DsFoirtW0AAz0j9

But it's not just the mega rich D's who're sheltering away their families from diversity. Writing for the LA Times, Professor Margaret Hagerman conducted research with wealthy progressive parents, and asked this question-

As progressive parents, is their primary responsibility to advance societal values — fairness, equal opportunity and social justice — or to give their children all the advantages in life that their resources can provide?

More often than not, values lost out.

One progressive parent lamented, “I care about social justice, but — I don’t want my kid to be a guinea pig.”

White progressive parents and the conundrum of privilege - Los Angeles Times

Why do wealthy democrats hate diversity in their own lives, and choose to live in white enclaves?

The Obama’s own their home in Chicago, which is in a neighborhood that’s 20% white and about 60% black.

They still stay there while doing work with the developing Presidential library nearby. It’s not ‘vacant’.

An inconvenient truth for you.

Last edited:
I've always said if you want to live in a nice lily white neighborhood, find which is the most liberal...

White progressives/democrats/leftists/liberals, whatever they choose to identify as, are the most racist people on the planet. They only pretend to want to help minorities because they need their votes. Of course, all of this that I have typed goes without saying. Anyone with half a brain understands this. Diversity is for the middle class. Let them eat cake!

Despite all the glowing praise Democrats have for diversity, their financially privileged members seem to refuse it in their own lives. Some examples include:

DsFoim8WoAUsDRV

DsFoirnWwAAIeuZ

DsFoirqXoAA1-Eu

DsFoirtW0AAz0j9

But it's not just the mega rich D's who're sheltering away their families from diversity. Writing for the LA Times, Professor Margaret Hagerman conducted research with wealthy progressive parents, and asked this question-

As progressive parents, is their primary responsibility to advance societal values — fairness, equal opportunity and social justice — or to give their children all the advantages in life that their resources can provide?

One progressive parent lamented, “I care about social justice, but — I don’t want my kid to be a guinea pig.”

hehe...well, the Democrats you have listed are all rich, so they live in rich neighborhoods.

But thanks for pointing out the disparity problem you have in America. Maybe if you had more wealthy minorities, the makeup of these neighborhoods would be a little different. Your failure to make a point in one direction has brought up another very important one in another. Interesting turn of events.

White progressives/democrats/leftists/liberals, whatever they choose to identify as, are the most racist people on the planet. They only pretend to want to help minorities because they need their votes. Of course, all of this that I have typed goes without saying. Anyone with half a brain understands this. Diversity is for the middle class. Let them eat cake!

:lamo Prove it.

LOL another post by you and another instant fail..... living location has ZERO to do with whether one supports(loves or hates) diversity......

Where one lives has zero to do with whether or not one supports diversity.

/thread.
ha, i just said basically the same thing.... facts and common sense like that will be ignored by some people that have dishonest nutter views.

Its diversity of thought they cannot control that they despise.

As progressive parents, is their primary responsibility to advance societal values — fairness, equal opportunity, and social justice — or to give their children all the advantages in life that their resources can provide?

I suggest you educate yourself on the concept of Nash Equilibriums. People are in competition, and there's nothing wrong with trying to secure the best possible future for your own child. Wealthy white liberals don't choose to live in white enclaves they choose to live in wealthy enclaves. Democrats favor laws that would ensure that more African Americans and other minorities can more easily join their ranks. That doesn't mean choosing to voluntarily live in a ghetto.

DsFoim8WoAUsDRV

DsFoirnWwAAIeuZ

DsFoirqXoAA1-Eu

DsFoirtW0AAz0j9

Replace "democrats" with "people" and "white" with "other wealthy people" and you have your answer.

Most of our problems can be traced to a simple biological maxim:

"The member of any species with the best access to resources is the most likely to reproduce"

Therefore, behaviors associated with acquiring access to resources are strongly rewarded.

Power expands your resource gathering to the group you lead.

Status within the tribe improves individual access.

These behaviors are exhibited by all homo sapiens regardless of skin color, so it is power/status attraction that is in play.

They want to be around people.who are around their level so they can monitor how they are doing relative to their peers.

When we lived in small groups of apex predators we kept this in check in each other.

When we settled down and started.growing food and established the rigid heirarchies this demanded, those checks and balances broke down.

And we've been seeing a pattern of incessant questing for wealth (status) and power leading to misery and collapse/revolt ever since. All over the world.

From its start, the Democratic Party has always been the party of racial segregation. That is the core premise of all their race baiting and accusations of racism - pushing for racial division and racial segregation by declaring all people are identified by race and should be kept within their racial demographic.

rich GOP-for the MOST part-rich despite the government. Rich Dem politicians-rich because of their office

An example of how diversity and segregation more go hand in hand is claims of "cultural appropriation" as a bad thing akin to theft. That claim is a claim that cultural segregation should be socially enforced. When Oprah speaks to a group of black voters and how blacks need to stick together when voting also is a form of advocacy of racial segregation.

White Europeans - now defined as ONE demographic used to actually be a vast collection of different "races" (or ethnicities) of Caucasians who literally warred against each other as a different people by hair color, eye color and other ways they were segregated into different countries, cultures and clans.

I recall years ago at a city council meeting a black councilman refused to a white guy as an "Anglo-Saxon." The man furiously shot back "I'm am NOT an Anglo, I am a Saxon!" Remember, Anglos and Saxons used to kill each other as fundamental enemies.

Thus, when you hear someone arguing for "diversity," that is NOT opposition to racial or ethnic segregation. In fact, it may in reality be an advocacy of segregation for the purpose of preserving diversity. Unfortunately, people are reckless with words and inaccurately interchange them. The most common example is using the words gender and sex as having identical meaning, when they do not. Often this is to try to latch on to some popular slogan by a word-shift.

Another example is attempting to declare that nationalism and supremacy mean the same thing, when they do not. Then, if you stick a race in front of it such as "white," white nationalist is converted to meaning white supremacist. Making that connection, then it is declared that anyone who says there are a "nationalist" therefore must be a white racist, ie a word game.

You just made an incorrect assumption without consulting reality, which is why you've probably often found yourself demoted, rather than promoted.

The Obamas own two houses- 1 was previously mentioned, and the other one is located in Rancho Mirage, California, where the white population is 89%.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/11024/obama-purchases-california-mansion-go-along-his-chase-stephens

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rancho_Mirage,_California#2010

Hillary Clinton is co-owner of a second house with Bill Clinton. This second house is located in the Observatory Circle neighborhood of Washington DC, which falls in Ward 3, which is 83% white. Not too diverse Hatuey. :doh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitehaven_(house)

https://suburbanstats.org/population/washington-dc/how-many-people-live-in-ward-3

Jeff Zucker is only listed as having owning 1 home.

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/jeff-zuckers-house/view/google/

Nancy Pelosi's husband is a real estate investor, so the number of homes they own varies. In 2008 they were listed as holding 6 mortgages. The only home listed as a personal residence is the one I showed in the OP, which sits on a vineyard in Northern California.

You're dismissed.
When the OP decides to stalk people and gets it wrong from the get go:

https://www.tripsavvy.com/president-barack-obamas-chicago-home-1492262

Where is Hyde Park? :)

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

The Obama’s own their home in Chicago, which is in a neighborhood that’s 20% white and about 60% black.

They still stay there while doing work with the developing Presidential library nearby. It’s not ‘vacant’.

An inconvenient truth for you.
Lol, awww didn't see this before I posted. Again, the OP looks at the country homes, and says they must not like diversity. That's 9-5er for life type of thinking.

I didnt realize that 'they' were keeping other groups of people from living in neighborhoods where they want to live. Can you document that for me?

Doesn't matter, when anything, anything, has a way off percentage then it is discrimination. You know, like when more blacks get arrested by the police? According to the left it isn't because more blacks commit crimes but a discriminatory profiling. So, when whites live in multimillion dollar homes in rich neighborhoods it isn't because less blacks are multi-millionaires, but because discrimination is going on. It's also like when Hollywood elites blast Wall Street executives for using the poor to enrich themselves, while the Hollywood elites do the very same thing while living in their multi-million dollar mansions.

Just want to point out, the OP is bragging in the most diverse state, while ignoring Chappaqua is in NY. How diverse is NY state? Lol, TAAC, you're never going to get ahead in life with this type of thinking.

It's only makes you an expandable laborer.

You've created a straw man that I'll leave to you. The people I mentioned publicly commend the merits of diversity, yet have chosen non-diverse parts of the country to house them and their families. Perhaps they know something that we don't?

So? Have you ever shopped for a house? Most people have a list of things they are looking for. As much house and property as they can afford is usually at the top of the list. Kids in the neighborhood for theirs to play with? School district? Community ammenities? Crime?

What "they know" is where they want to live and they have the means to buy there.

Feel free...like I originally asked...to provide evidence that they are doing anything to PREVENT other groups from moving there? That would be something that would positively prove your claim. Otherwise, the absence of any such evidence means ya got nuthin' but sour grapes.

Oh I guess you believe it's possible to support something from afar, with no direct involvement in it. That's called paying lip-service to something CC.

:lamo :lamo

Drop-dead failed assumption on your part: not living in the middle of a cause means you dont support the cause :doh

I dont live in Africa, I spend my $$ on several African women's causes.

I dont live in a poor neighborhood, I donate to a program that encourages kids in poor urban neighborhoods to read.

OMG, there are a million examples that prove you 100% wrong.

And how is speaking out on a cause (diversity in this case) *at a minimum* not being involved in it? Do you know where their volunteer time and charity donations go?

You should have stopped posting after the OP...altho it was a fail from the start.

LOL another post by you and another instant fail..... living location has ZERO to do with whether one supports(loves or hates) diversity......

Sure it does, unless you mean supporting "diversity" also means supporting segregation. Or are you claiming rich people are FORCED to live where they live?

Back
Top Bottom