• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why can't democrats campaign on what they really believe in?

Stu Ghatze

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hmm......I know, we must not ever ask, or say things that truly depict the modern democratic party!

Since there are basically NO democratic party leaders that even represent mainstream America today, ...& YET, we always hear Ted Kennedy refer to the values of the mainstream majority, one wonders just WHO in the hell does Kennedy think he is kidding?

Kennedy WANTS people to believe that "LIBERALS" are the mainstream majority! He is quite a jokester (liar) isn't he?:smile:

I would conclude that the mainstream majority DESERTED the democratic party in 1980.

Are democratic leaders that are against abortion, taxes, limited government, & believe in a strong military, & those who do not espouse phoney focus groups EVER permitted to speak for the Democratic party..?

Hell no, ..& everybody knows it, & those democrats who have the guts to TELL IT LIKE IT REALLY IS are ostracized by the modern democratic party mouthpieces!

Pity, ...the democrats probably could have had a better winning track record over the last 25 years or so; ..but being honest about themselves, their beliefs, & their ideology has never been one of their own requirements when on the campaign trail.

Why, ..? Very simple, as they have abundantly "attempted" to portray themselves (democrats) as the grassroots majority, while engaging to destroy the things that the grassroots majority has held dearly in its core beliefs & values!

The cure: When liberal democrats stop lying about what THEY believe in, & espouse...& stop trying to use the courts to legislate "liberalism", & IF ..a mighty BIG IF, allow the REAL democrats who once existed in larger numbers to speak their minds, & THROW out the few whacko liberals who have held hegemony over the democratic party they would have a far better chance of being "relevant" once again in the lives of the mainstream majority!

And...they might even start winning elections again, ..without the need to invent conspiracy theories, & help invent scandals by past political hacks whom are now posing as ''special prosecutors" pretending to be looking for justice. ;)

Last edited:
Stu Ghatze said:
Hmm......I know, we must not ever ask, or say things that truly depict the modern democratic party!

Since there are basically NO democratic party leaders that even represent mainstream America today, ...& YET, we always hear Ted Kennedy refer to the values of the mainstream majority, one wonders just WHO in the hell does Kennedy think he is kidding?

Kennedy WANTS people to believe that "LIBERALS" are the mainstream majority! He is quite a jokester (liar) isn't he?:smile:

I would conclude that the mainstream majority DESERTED the democratic party in 1980.

Are democratic leaders that are against abortion, taxes, limited government, & believe in a strong military, & those who do not espouse phoney focus groups EVER permitted to speak for the Democratic party..?

Hell no, ..& everybody knows it, & those democrats who have the guts to TELL IT LIKE IT REALLY IS are ostracized by the modern democratic party mouthpieces!

Pity, ...the democrats probably could have had a better winning track record over the last 25 years or so; ..but being honest about themselves, their beliefs, & their ideology has never been one of their own requirements when on the campaign trail.

Why, ..? Very simple, as they have abundantly "attempted" to portray themselves (democrats) as the grassroots majority, while engaging to destroy the things that the grassroots majority has held dearly in its core beliefs & values!

The cure: When liberal democrats stop lying about what THEY believe in, & espouse...& stop trying to use the courts to legislate "liberalism", & IF ..a mighty BIG IF, allow the REAL democrats who once existed in larger numbers to speak their minds, & THROW out the few whacko liberals who have held hegemony over the democratic party they would have a far better chance of being "relevant" once again in the lives of the mainstream majority!

And...they might even start winning elections again, ..without the need to invent conspiracy theories, & help invent scandals by past political hacks whom are now posing as ''special prosecutors" pretending to be looking for justice. ;)

Hi liberals,....:2wave: ! I guess I would not want to address this thread either, ..as it IS pretty hard to answer without having to resort to being dishonest!;)

If he clique that controls the demcratic party ever honestly admitted what they believe it wold be interesting.
Abortion on demand
Remove God from public life
Gay Rights
U N Domination of U S foreign policy
Open borders
Expanded Affirmative action
Exclude Pro Life people from the judiciary
Itmight not help the democrats get elected.It would be interesting.

Stu Ghatze said:
Hi liberals,....:2wave: ! I guess I would not want to address this thread either, ..as it IS pretty hard to answer without having to resort to being dishonest!;)

You mean dishonest like in "neo-con"? I would not lower myself to that level.

Stu Ghatze said:

I don't respond to ignorance. Besides its obvious you are just trying to stir up some of dem der liberals

Why I could never be a Democrat:

To be a Democrat, you have to believe the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of funding.

To be a Democrat, you have to be against capital punishment, but for abortion on demand -- in short, you support protecting the guilty and killing the innocent.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that the same public school teacher who can't teach fourth graders how to read is qualified to teach them about sex.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are more of a threat to the country than nuclear weapons in the hands of the Red Chinese.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical, documented changes in the brilliance of the sun, and more affected by yuppies driving SUVs.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being gay is natural.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create wealth and prosperity.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe there was no art before federal funding.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe the military, not corrupt politicians, start wars.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe the NRA is bad, because they stand up for certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good, because they stand up for certain parts of the Constitution.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.

To be a Democrat, you must support any and all Tax increases. The more the better!

You don't have to have all those views to be a democrat. I mean I'm a democrat and I probably have only about half of those views, and there is such a thing as a a truly pro life dem, one agianst abortion and capital punishment. Thats my view at least.

Mark A Shrider said:

To be a Democrat, you have to believe the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of funding.

To be a Democrat, you have to be against capital punishment, but for abortion on demand -- in short, you support protecting the guilty and killing the innocent.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that the same public school teacher who can't teach fourth graders how to read is qualified to teach them about sex.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding Americans are more of a threat to the country than nuclear weapons in the hands of the Red Chinese.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical, documented changes in the brilliance of the sun, and more affected by yuppies driving SUVs.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that gender roles are artificial but being gay is natural.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create wealth and prosperity.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe the military, not corrupt politicians, start wars.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe the NRA is bad, because they stand up for certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good, because they stand up for certain parts of the Constitution.

To be a Democrat, you have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.

To be a Democrat, you must support any and all Tax increases. The more the better!

To be an idiot, you have to believe these things.

Mark A Shrider said:
~SNIP~
I don't see how I could be a part of either of the major parties. On one hand, you are a tax and spend, baby killer, with no agenda, and no plan to offer as an alternative to the ones you say are so horrible.

On the other hand, you are a Bible thumping, censorship hog that doesn't trust me to behave myself in the privacy of my own home.

Personally, I don't see how any true American could be a member of either party in good conscience.

BTW, hi everyone. I'm new here. I bet I just made TONS of friends! :mrgreen:

Mark A Shrider said:
Why I could never be a Democrat:...

[Moderator mode]
:smash:

Mark,

As per forum rules...

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

What you've done is simply plagerism...

Here is the source for what you've taken...

http://www.jumbojoke.com/000115.html

[/Moderator mode]

Stu Ghatze said:

Yeah, and your posts are many times stupider than most people I've seen.

The only times I see you post is to critisize liberals.

cnredd said:
[Moderator mode]
:smash:

Mark,

As per forum rules...

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

What you've done is simply plagerism...

Here is the source for what you've taken...

http://www.jumbojoke.com/000115.html

[/Moderator mode]

I found it at another forum. I didn't know where it originated. My appologies to anyone who actually thought I wrote it. It seemed rather obvious to me that it was a joke. Although, what makes it humorous is that some of it is true.

Now for a true fact. I am not a democrat or a republican.

Mark A Shrider said:

Very well said Mark...indeed!:smile: You don't suppose that the democrats are ashamed of all of this, ..do you?

Comrade Brian said:
Yeah, and your posts are many times stupider than most people I've seen.

The only times I see you post is to critisize liberals.

"Stupider", ..& I'm the stupid one? Huh huh...!:smile: Liberals deserve critiscism, ..but it is not necessarilly true that it is all that I post about.

For the record, I also critiscize the modern democratic party which is also very reckless, & refuses to see "any" moral absolutes in anything.

I love it when liberals blame teen-age pregnancy, assault, unprovoked murder, STD's, failure in the schools,...on lack of funding or socio/economic conditions.

Especially more when liberals USED to be in charge of most government policies, ..& the so called disadvantaged are still poor, & still dumb...& even just as criminal in liew of the 5-trillion dollars spent on the great society since the days of LBJ!

Maybe it cheaper, & more cost effective to pull out of that instead of Iraq...huh?:smile:

I think for the Democratic party to regain it's strength, it has to be "real". Now I'm serious here. You get Hard working candidates from humble beginnings and start networking across the nation. You start talking about issues that truely matter. They should even give a testimony of their upbringings and how it pertains to the issues. That right there sparks automatic interest. All of a sudden you get people thinking " i like this guy" "she knows what she's talking about" "that's exactly how i feel". And if these candidates are already holding an office they have to make sure they stick to their guns and know what they are voting for. And don't ever get caught in any scandals. That's how you win America back. It starts with Barack Obama and John Edwards and then take it from there.

Stu Ghatze said:
"Stupider", ..& I'm the stupid one? Huh huh...!:smile: Liberals deserve critiscism, ..but it is not necessarilly true that it is all that I post about.

For the record, I also critiscize the modern democratic party which is also very reckless, & refuses to see "any" moral absolutes in anything.

I love it when liberals blame teen-age pregnancy, assault, unprovoked murder, STD's, failure in the schools,...on lack of funding or socio/economic conditions.

Especially more when liberals USED to be in charge of most government policies, ..& the so called disadvantaged are still poor, & still dumb...& even just as criminal in liew of the 5-trillion dollars spent on the great society since the days of LBJ!

Maybe it cheaper, & more cost effective to pull out of that instead of Iraq...huh?:smile:

Well you just proved it. You only post to critisize liberals and democrats, and only doing that makes your posts stupid, full of ignorance.

M1A2 Abrams said:
I don't see how I could be a part of either of the major parties. On one hand, you are a tax and spend, baby killer, with no agenda, and no plan to offer as an alternative to the ones you say are so horrible.

On the other hand, you are a Bible thumping, censorship hog that doesn't trust me to behave myself in the privacy of my own home.

Personally, I don't see how any true American could be a member of either party in good conscience.

I think you hit the nail squarely on the head.

The concept of being against the other side would not be so stupid if alternative ideas were being offered.

I grew up in a religion where the preachers did pretty much the same thing, telling us all that we should be against but leaving us in the dark about what we are for.
That religion, at the time, consisted mostly of Democrats, now it seems that most of them are Republicans. A lot can change in 40 years.

2006, then 2008, will give us 2 years of a lot of sound bites from both sides,
and by the time that is over, our poor brains will have been nibbled to death.:confused:

M1A2 Abrams said:

You made one friend here, but I dont weigh a ton. LOL.

Welcome to the forum, and damn good first post. Both major parties really suck. :)

Back
Top Bottom