• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why aren't we hearing about these numbers?

So do young people! In fact in nature, it's newborns most at risk of dying. NATURE'S WAY indeed!! It's too bad so many newborns that nature would dictate must die because they are WEAK instead survive and pollute the gene pool with their inferior DNA!! MAGA!! by not saving those weak infants!!
So, what's the connection with covid ? seems off topic ... -shrug-

These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

View attachment 67296403

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

Absolutely!! <SARC>Everyone should be totally free to infect as many people as they feel like infecting. That's what America is all about - isn't it?</SARC>

Politics and Pandemics don't mix and people should stop trying to mix them.

Yep!

The fact that this is an election year has probably killed tens of thousands of people. I think Trump would have acted differently regarding mask usage if this was his second term. He knows he has to play to his base and he knows he has to make things seem as normal as possible to win.

Has to do with co-morbidities and reporting incentives. There are certainly grounds to debate these issues. The point of the article is that it's not helpful to suppress contrary opinions.

Do you have a link that establishes as "categorically TRUE" that deaths in the U.S. are overstated? If not, I don't care to debate WUWT drivel, or your rationalizations of that lie. He's not asking for debate - he's stating something as fact, not opinion, with no link. He's lying and I don't really care what liars have to say about any issue when they make their case with lies.

And it's odd you're posting on a message board that suppresses contrary opinions all the time. DP sends the racist dirtbags, trolls and other vermin into the ban hammer resort in the sky, for example. Helpful? I think so!

These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

View attachment 67296403

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

Mainly, because it's a classic case of lying with statistics in a desperation move to deflect from the massive death toll your ****ing Dirtbag has wreaked on the country.

I have had many here say that if an old person would live just 3 months longer with a lock down and disastrous unemployment we should do it.
You've even started parroting one of your ****ing Dirtbag's favorite ways of lying, i.e.: "A lotta people say......." Stop denying you're in a cult when it's been so glaringly obvious for years.

Nobody is accepting the killing of the elderly and nobody expects the, or wants them, to sacrifice their lives to the virus. What we are saying, and you are ignoring, is that it’s MUCH easier to help protect the lives of the vulnerable than it is to impose and enforce absurd mandates in everyone, crash the economy and invoke panic with every news release.

Nobody is telling people that they must go out into the cruel, plague infected world, but if they choose to do so then they should not be denied that right.

If it's much easier to protect them in a way that doesn't interfere with the economy, why hasn't any state or country done this simple thing? Where's the Trump or GOP plan to protect the vulnerable, but not interfere with the economy? I'm looking around and wondering why this simple solution evades every single government on the planet. Why do you think that is?

Could be that saying it is simple, but on the ground it gets kind of hard to do when you're asking us to effectively wall off 20% or more of the population, who are in daily contact with the 80%. How does that work exactly?

Nobody is accepting the killing of the elderly and nobody expects the, or wants them, to sacrifice their lives to the virus. What we are saying, and you are ignoring, is that it’s MUCH easier to help protect the lives of the vulnerable than it is to impose and enforce absurd mandates in everyone, crash the economy and invoke panic with every news release.

Nobody is telling people that they must go out into the cruel, plague infected world, but if they choose to do so then they should not be denied that right.
Oh, c'mon cultist. Your Dear Dirtbag Leader has characterrized the dead from covid as "virtually nobody."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/22/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-virtually-nobody.html

View attachment 67296403

I think those numbers are a real testament to the great success of treatments developed in a short time to combat this disease. When it first hit, our medical community did not know enough about the virus and how to treat it. I know those images of body bags being stacked up in refrigerated trucks early on will be something I will never forget.

Do you have a link that establishes as "categorically TRUE" that deaths in the U.S. are overstated? If not, I don't care to debate WUWT drivel, or your rationalizations of that lie. He's not asking for debate - he's stating something as fact, not opinion, with no link. He's lying and I don't really care what liars have to say about any issue when they make their case with lies.

And it's odd you're posting on a message board that suppresses contrary opinions all the time. DP sends the racist dirtbags, trolls and other vermin into the ban hammer resort in the sky, for example. Helpful? I think so!
You can call it drivel if you like, but that doesn't undercut the basic point that belief in overstated C-19 deaths is not a conspiracy theory. It is rather an interpretation based on the CDC's own language. Now CDC spokespersons and others have offered explanations for the language, but the question seems fair to me.

View attachment 67296403

How about no?

I think those numbers are a real testament to the great success of treatments developed in a short time to combat this disease. When it first hit, our medical community did not know enough about the virus and how to treat it. I know those images of body bags being stacked up in refrigerated trucks early on will be something I will never forget.
You do know (I hope) that people are still dying at a rate of 1,000/day, right?

You do know (I hope) that people are still dying at a rate of 1,000/day, right?
About 1500 people die from Cancer each day in the US alone. And 3400 more people are diagnosed with cancer each day. So what is your point

Yep!

The fact that this is an election year has probably killed tens of thousands of people. I think Trump would have acted differently regarding mask usage if this was his second term. He knows he has to play to his base and he knows he has to make things seem as normal as possible to win.
Which, unfortunately, resulted in some people making stupid mistakes and ending up with lifelong health issues or death. And why we are still trying to get a handle on the situation after 11 months.

If you want to address the obvious point, that's fine. If not I'm not chasing your goal posts around.

I'm a little surprised the party that brought us "death panels" is so casually accepting of killing off the elderly if necessary to boost the economy and Trump's reelection chances.

Based on the posts in this thread, the claim that the right only cares about you when you are in utero are completely accurate. Once you're born you're free to die at any time. No loss.

Is cancer contagious?
That's ain interesting question and shows how irrelevant the issue of contagion for COVID is. Cancer can be the result of damned near anything. Sunlight causes cancer. Food causes cancer. Breathing causes cancer. Taking medication causes cancer. Having sex causes cancer. Literally ANYTHING can be the root cause of a cancer you end up diagnosed with. Heck, you can be born with a genetic predisposition to certain cancers. In that regard cancer is WAY more dangerous and way more deadly than COVID but we do next to nothing to protect everyone from cancer. We treat cancer as if it's our responsibility to take precautions against but with COVID it has been decided that the government MUST be the one held responsible for every single death. The reason for that is rather obvious, the panic is due to TDS instead of common sense.

That's ain interesting question and shows how irrelevant the issue of contagion for COVID is. Cancer can be the result of damned near anything. Sunlight causes cancer. Food causes cancer. Breathing causes cancer. Taking medication causes cancer. Having sex causes cancer. Literally ANYTHING can be the root cause of a cancer you end up diagnosed with. Heck, you can be born with a genetic predisposition to certain cancers. In that regard cancer is WAY more dangerous and way more deadly than COVID but we do next to nothing to protect everyone from cancer. We treat cancer as if it's our responsibility to take precautions against but with COVID it has been decided that the government MUST be the one held responsible for every single death. The reason for that is rather obvious, the panic is due to TDS instead of common sense.

And one thing we do know is that cancer isn't contagious.

Mainly, because it's a classic case of lying with statistics in a desperation move to deflect from the massive death toll your ****ing Dirtbag has wreaked on the country.

I see... So the reason that we don't hear about these statistics is because reporting those statistics would be a lie, or deflection.

That makes sense... Unfortunately not in this universe.

I see... So the reason that we don't hear about these statistics is because reporting those statistics would be a lie, or deflection.

That makes sense... Unfortunately not in this universe.
Where would your universe be, then?

Absolutely!! <SARC>Everyone should be totally free to infect as many people as they feel like infecting. That's what America is all about - isn't it?</SARC>
Yep....that's how The Death Cult of Donnie Dirtbag sees it.

You can call it drivel if you like, but that doesn't undercut the basic point that belief in overstated C-19 deaths is not a conspiracy theory. It is rather an interpretation based on the CDC's own language. Now CDC spokespersons and others have offered explanations for the language, but the question seems fair to me.

Do you have a link establishing it is "categorically true" that deaths in the U.S. due to COVID are overstated?

It's nice you're changing the hack's argument to make it less intellectually dishonest, but it's also dishonest on your part. He's not saying that it's possible or arguable that deaths are overstated, and then presenting a case, he's asserting it as FACT, "categorically true", that readers must accept without a shred of evidence. It's hackery.

Back
Top Bottom