• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why aren't we hearing about these numbers?

If you dared post this blasphemy on Facebook or Twitter your account would be suspended. I expect that if Kamala Harris wins you would be arrested for posting facts like you have so carelessly done.

Well, that's a dumb comment. Congrats!!

If Trump wins he'll have Consigliere Barr arrest anyone with a mask and put them into reeducation camps!!

These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

View attachment 67296403

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

It's an election year.

I have had many here say that if an old person would live just 3 months longer with a lock down and disastrous unemployment we should do it.

Great. Quote one of those 'many' who say that.

And how do we identify these old people with just three months to live? There's no need to just let them get COVID and die, we should probably, I think, just not treat them for anything at all. Think of the money we'd all save!!! **** the old! MAGA!!

It's an election year.

yes, and 2+2=4. Also true - we're actually treating the pandemic LESS seriously than many countries not in election years.

Does that it's an election year mean we should or shouldn't give a damn about old people dying from COVID. I'm a little confused.

Because the only solution to a pandemic is panic, overreaction and toilet paper.

So based on the OP, since it's only presumably old, worthless people who are at higher risk of dying, the optimal reaction is to say - to heck with them! let those old people die!

Have I got that right?

The data I'm getting out of Tucson is that this thing is MUCH worse for those of advanced age than those who are younger. They have not released any information regarding data on comorbidities in those who succumbed to the virus out here but I'm starting to suspect that even reasonably healthy older folks have little to worry about. What I'm seeing indicates that if you're 75 and in decent health your risk of having problems related to the virus are greater than that of someone who is 25 and in decent health. Your risk might even be twice that of the 25 year old. However, if your neighbor is your age, severely overweight, hypertensive and has CHF his chances of having problems related to the virus are a LOT higher. Then again, his chances of having an issue while sitting on the john are also a whole lot higher than yours.

That's an excellent point. You know, western medicine really does a disservice to the human race. If you have a comorbidity, modern medicine means you can live often DECADES with that problem. Which is a ****ing waste of resources really. Survival of the fittest isn't just a slogan, you know. If the people with high blood pressure are killed off, what's the problem, really, when you think about it? We clear out the genetic deadwood!

Opinion
The Medical Thought Police – They’re Coming for You
A group calling itself “The Global Health Security Network (GHSN) Limited” was formed last June, in Australia. …. They have just issued their first Policy Report. that recommends policies that are the complete opposite of their stated mission.

Well, that's a dumb comment. Congrats!!

If Trump wins he'll have Consigliere Barr arrest anyone with a mask and put them into reeducation camps!!
Like the ugly feminists did way back when with their bras, we will have a mask burning day.

And how do we identify these old people with just three months to live? There's no need to just let them get COVID and die, we should probably, I think, just not treat them for anything at all. Think of the money we'd all save!!! **** the old! MAGA!!
Like good leftists we all should show solidarity that the herd is being culled of the weak and old and decimate the economy do we share their pain,

Because people of any age are as important as the next guy. Your post indicates that you think old people are expendable. Everyone's life matters.

Silly "radical leftist" .... #AllLivesMatter is only meant to keep uppity black folks in their place. They don't actually mean it...

Because people of any age are as important as the next guy. Your post indicates that you think old people are expendable. Everyone's life matters.

We Are ! get over it !
If you are a man, you've been expendable for your entire existence.
It's nature's way.

yes, and 2+2=4. Also true - we're actually treating the pandemic LESS seriously than many countries not in election years.

Does that it's an election year mean we should or shouldn't give a damn about old people dying from COVID. I'm a little confused.
Publishing all the numbers, not just the ones you want the people to know about has nothing to do with giving a damn or not about old people. It has more to do with letting the people know the whole story than just half the story you want them to know.

So based on the OP, since it's only presumably old, worthless people who are at higher risk of dying, the optimal reaction is to say - to heck with them! let those old people die!

Have I got that right?

That's an excellent point. You know, western medicine really does a disservice to the human race. If you have a comorbidity, modern medicine means you can live often DECADES with that problem. Which is a ****ing waste of resources really. Survival of the fittest isn't just a slogan, you know. If the people with high blood pressure are killed off, what's the problem, really, when you think about it? We clear out the genetic deadwood!
No, you haven't got it right.

The idea is that if we know which people are most vulnerable then we can work to protect them without creating a whole world of stupid for everyone else. We keep ending up in these situations because one of the core tenets of progressivism is that the people, on the whole, are dumb as stumps and need goverrnment to protect them from themselves.

old people die ! nature's way ...

These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

View attachment 67296403

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

What those numbers don't indicate is the damage to someones body that covid 19 will do , even if you survive it
What those numbers don't indicate is the damage to someones body that covid 19 will do , even if you survive it https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...ovid-19-s-lingering-problems-alarm-scientists

Opinion
The Medical Thought Police – They’re Coming for You
A group calling itself “The Global Health Security Network (GHSN) Limited” was formed last June, in Australia. …. They have just issued their first Policy Report. that recommends policies that are the complete opposite of their stated mission.

I thought I could avoid WUWT drivel by staying off the Climate Forum. Guess I was wrong about that....

FWIW, I quit reading at this point:

Recent revelations have shown it to be categorically true that “Covid-19 deaths” have been exaggerated, at least in the United States, by mandate from the CDC and other health officials.

That is of course complete bullshit, a lie, and of course the WUWT hack offered no link to support this "categorically true" statement.

old people die ! nature's way ...

So do young people! In fact in nature, it's newborns most at risk of dying. NATURE'S WAY indeed!! It's too bad so many newborns that nature would dictate must die because they are WEAK instead survive and pollute the gene pool with their inferior DNA!! MAGA!! by not saving those weak infants!!

So do young people! In fact in nature, it's newborns most at risk of dying. NATURE'S WAY indeed!! It's too bad so many newborns that nature would dictate must die because they are WEAK instead survive and pollute the gene pool with their inferior DNA!! MAGA!! by not saving those weak infants!!
And that's why Democrats want to kill them before they're born, right?

No, you haven't got it right.

The idea is that if we know which people are most vulnerable then we can work to protect them without creating a whole world of stupid for everyone else. We keep ending up in these situations because one of the core tenets of progressivism is that the people, on the whole, are dumb as stumps and need goverrnment to protect them from themselves.

The problem is it is very easy to SAY, "protect those most vulnerable" but when that's maybe 20% or more of the population kind of difficult to do in practice. All that's missing is the action plan to protect that 20% of the population in a way that doesn't impact the economy. Why hasn't Trump or anyone else come up with this action plan, since it's apparently a VERY simple thing to do without infringing on anyone's rights? What's your suggestion?

All you guys love pointing to Sweden as the example. Well, if you know anything about Sweden you know they failed to protect the old and vulnerable, and that is not a surprise. When the virus is widespread in the not-vulnerable population, the points of contact between them and the vulnerable are MANY, and it's inevitable the virus will cross over into that population. For example, the not-vulnerable work in nursing homes, delivery, doctors offices, etc. If the HS or college kids get it, they spread it to the parents, some of whom are obese with high blood pressure and are at high risk, and others who aren't then show up to take care of grandma at the assisted living center. How do you let the virus run wild with HS or college kids and then prevent the crossover to their parents, millions of them in daily contact with the old? You can't. If you show me a region that got hit hard in the general population, I'll show you a region that saw a lot of deaths of worthless old people that we shouldn't care if they die, apparently.

Colleges are a pretty good example. No, college kids aren't at a high risk of death or serious illness from COVID. But guess who works at colleges? Not-students! So if COVID is widespread in the student population, how do you propose to protect the staff that reflects the general population, including those older and with pre-existing conditions? Where's the magic force field that keeps COVID isolated to the students?

And, no, people on the whole aren't "dumb as stumps" but they frequently act irrationally. If your argument is we ought to do away with speed limits, drunk driving laws, drug laws, prohibitions against selling unsafe food and supplements, and all the rest, that's fine - caveat emptor!

And that's why Democrats want to kill them before they're born, right?

If you want to address the obvious point, that's fine. If not I'm not chasing your goal posts around.

I'm a little surprised the party that brought us "death panels" is so casually accepting of killing off the elderly if necessary to boost the economy and Trump's reelection chances.

View attachment 67296403

Yeah, like Der Fuhrer said, no one dies from this.

I thought I could avoid WUWT drivel by staying off the Climate Forum. Guess I was wrong about that....

FWIW, I quit reading at this point:

That is of course complete bullshit, a lie, and of course the WUWT hack offered no link to support this "categorically true" statement.
Has to do with co-morbidities and reporting incentives. There are certainly grounds to debate these issues. The point of the article is that it's not helpful to suppress contrary opinions.

If you want to address the obvious point, that's fine. If not I'm not chasing your goal posts around.

I'm a little surprised the party that brought us "death panels" is so casually accepting of killing off the elderly if necessary to boost the economy and Trump's reelection chances.
Nobody is accepting the killing of the elderly and nobody expects the, or wants them, to sacrifice their lives to the virus. What we are saying, and you are ignoring, is that it’s MUCH easier to help protect the lives of the vulnerable than it is to impose and enforce absurd mandates in everyone, crash the economy and invoke panic with every news release.

Nobody is telling people that they must go out into the cruel, plague infected world, but if they choose to do so then they should not be denied that right.

Back
Top Bottom