• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why aren't we hearing about these numbers?

These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

View attachment 67296403

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

Another dumb Conservative Post that shows it has no concern for the Lives Lost and the Millions Infected.

"Another Demonstration of Savagery and Inhumanity Mentality on Display"​

I don't think Florida will change a thing no matter how many get sick or die. That is the new America we live in now.

If Florida is so full of seniors, perhaps its the seniors who want Florida open?

We have a thinker

These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

Grim wants to let old people die horrible deaths so that he can have a little more freedumb.

Wait a while, Florida along with several other States are going to put us back on top soon enough.

Wait a while,

Aw.... changing your tune?

What happened to the % thing you and me had going on with COVID (U.S Vs UK)?

(LOL)

It would be a pretty bad strategy. The Trump base is largely comprised of unhealthy and/or older people screaming that the government should keep their hands off their Medicare.
Trump did it with a candlestick in the parlor.

Get a clue folks.

I'm not so sure about your math

Does this

20-09-27 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG
help?

How about 209,169 ÷ 41.971 = 4.9836553810964713730909437468728?

How about 1/4.9836553810964713730909437468728 is approximately 1/5?

Here it is again?

42,000 deaths in England

202,000 deaths U.S.

340 million in U.S?

66 million UK

What am I missing here?

Sounds pretty bad in UK no?

What you are missing is any attempt to look at numbers in relation to each other.

20-09-27 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG
The US has 21,991.95 "Cases per Million", the UK has 6,316.08. The US has 631.18 "Deaths per Million", the UK has 617.53. A person picked at random in the UK has 97.84% of the chance of dying from COVID-19 than does a person in the US.

Even if you want to use the really stupid statistics that "Claque Trump" members like to trot out from time to time

20-09-27 zZ8 - Silly Calcs.JPG

you can see that the UK has 0.6316% of its population infected as opposed to the US with 2.1992% and the UK has had 0.0618% of its population die from COVID-91 as opposed to the 0.0631% of the US population that has done so.

AND, if you want to take a look at "punching up to weight" calculations by considering relative PPP GDP per capita and healthcare spending per capita, you end up with

20-09-27 B2 - Death by Ability to Pay TABLE.JPG

that looks even worse.

Because people of any age are as important as the next guy. Your post indicates that you think old people are expendable. Everyone's life matters.
How the hell do you come up with that? He just states numbers.

To what extent?

To what extent? Are you serious? I'd say ANY extent of heart damage is significant - but silly ol' me happens to think a healthy heart is important - not to just life but quality of life. I work in an ER - we are seeing more and more "recovered" Covid patients - young Patients - returning with chest pains and difficulty breathing. Football players and marathon runners sidelined because they no longer have the ability. Covid also causes a production of Hyaluronic acid in the lungs. Equivalent to trying to breathe through a really thick lubricating oil - and just as sticky. Deadly if produced in high enough amounts - debilitating at lower amounts. The people with no symptoms may have this hyaluronic acid in their lungs too, but produced to a lesser degree - at this point that is pure speculation and to be determined. The heart damage we do know about though.

To what extent? Are you serious? I'd say ANY extent of heart damage is significant - but silly ol' me happens to think a healthy heart is important - not to just life but quality of life. I work in an ER - we are seeing more and more "recovered" Covid patients - young Patients - returning with chest pains and difficulty breathing. Football players and marathon runners sidelined because they no longer have the ability. Covid also causes a production of Hyaluronic acid in the lungs. Equivalent to trying to breathe through a really thick lubricating oil - and just as sticky. Deadly if produced in high enough amounts - debilitating at lower amounts. The people with no symptoms may have this hyaluronic acid in their lungs too, but produced to a lesser degree - at this point that is pure speculation and to be determined. The heart damage we do know about though.

Thanks for NOT answering the question

If you tried to post this on Twitter or Facebook, it would be taken down and you would be arrested by the brown shirts when Kamala Harris takes power.

View attachment 67296403

There around 50 million Americans over 65...if they all got infected, then 5% would die.. Thats 2.5 million dead... Thats why your numbers are irrelevant.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Thanks for NOT answering the question

I take it you have zero medical knowledge of the human body. If you did you'd know that every human body is different. "To what extent" depends on the individual body going into the infection and the degree of the infection - there is no one size fits all answer to your feeble question. Just like Covid causes the production of what is basically joint fluid inside the lungs (hyaluronic acid) it's not the same degree in each person. It produces what's been called the "Covid cough" - imagine your body trying to expel something so viscous and sticky from the lungs. Covid-19 is such a new disease we don't know long term consequences - but that would also require some scientific knowledge on your part to understand. It isn't a respiratory disease - it's a vascular disease. It can cause harm in any part of the body where there is blood flow. But that would also take scientific knowledge to understand.

Back
Top Bottom