• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the Vice Presidential debate?

Who won?

• Kamala Harris

• Mike Pence

• Tie

• Neither

• Susan Page

• The fly

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, we aren't being "dishonest" by calling the debate a draw or win by Harris. We in our "right mind" can legitimately be unimpressed by Pence's lies and ability to faithfully repeat talking points.
Of course if lies are taken into consideration, Harris won it walking away. But you do know that lies are acceptable to the Trumpers. And it's certainly not that they don't understand they're backing lies.
Still, Trump will likely see a slight bounce up from that debate.

I say give the debates back to the league of women voters or someone who can be forceful in enforcing the rules.

i don’t care who manages it, but the format needs to change.

Of course if lies are taken into consideration, Harris won it walking away. But you do know that lies are acceptable to the Trumpers. And it's certainly not that they don't understand they're backing lies.
Still, Trump will likely see a slight bounce up from that debate.

Yeah, I agree, except I don't see any bounce for either candidate.

So the question can be read two ways, 1) who did I personally think won, versus 2) who do I believe the majority of viewers thought won the debate. I'm answering it for myself.

Just about every statement Harris made was dishonest or taken out of context for a cheap attack. From Trumps taxes, Charlottesville, Russia, China and the covid time line. That in mind, how anyone could conclude she won the debate or it was close is a mystery to me.

I wasn’t aware of the condescending facial expressions with Harris until well into the debate, I had my eyes closed hoping to fall asleep but picked up on a definite octave change in Harris’s voice. Once viewing again it was clear she was rattled and out of her depth. I also found it a bit annoying that Pence often went over on time, but I did notice the moderator adding that overage to Harris’s time to equal it out. Looking at the stats today it was totally equal within a few seconds.

Both dodged questions, that’s not unusual, but I found Harris did it poorly and with blatant disregard. For me I wanted to see more from Harris, typically it’s just a do no harm exercise with the VP contenders but this isn’t a typical year. We have a President fighting to recover from Covid and a candidate that will be 78 years old on the day he takes office. With that, I have absolutely zero confidence that Joe Biden is capable of the rigorous job of President. I don’t say that as a partisan attack on Joe, anyone that is politically active and has been for decades knows this isn’t the Biden of even the recent past and see’s the saddening cognitive decline.
I don't think I've ever seen you post in the discussion forums - good for you!

Your first paragraph contains several of your opinions that are contradicted by either written reports our verified journalism.

Trump taxes: If the times mis-reported that then why isn't trump suing them for liable. Answer: trump's lying. It's probably legal that he paid nothing in FIT, so why lie about it?

Charlottesville: Trump was careful to praise the "good people on all sides" because he didn't want to piss of the White Supremacists which is a large part of his base. He did the same thing at the debate that when pressed do denounce white supremacists, he doubled down and told the proud boys to wait for his orders.

China: Not sure what you're talking about here. Are you talking about when trump praised Xi for his heroism and transparency? Are you talking about when trump closed off travel to china after letting thousands of people come back to the states without being quarantined? Many of the infections came back from Europe. Are you talking about tariffs? How is that "free trade" philosophy doing? Seems cons change their minds about their beliefs when an "R" is in office.

Russia: The Mueller report documents all the colluding the trump campaign did with Russia. I know.. you want us to believe the trump tower meeting was all about adoption <rolling eyes>

You have no confidence in Biden a true statesman because he's 4 years older than trump? Give me a break, Biden could run the government in his sleep. Trump burns everything to the ground when he's conscious.

I think the opposite. Harris should have been more succinct and direct. Stealing time like Pence did would only serve to reduce the contrast, increase the noise, and legitimize that behavior. She could have made simple, two-sentence, factual rebuttals, and they would have been more impactful. The very definition of a sharp weapon is one where the pressure is distributed over less surface area.

Here is what I would have liked to see:

And just leave it at that.

This cultural trend we have where getting the most words in edgewise is more important than expressing a point concisely and efficiently is a poison.
You and I should have been coaching her instead!

harris, no doubt

I agree. I don't think this was Page's intention, but Pence clearly was given more leeway than Harris.
He wasn't given anything. He took it. Trump and his yes men have never believed they had to abide by any rules. It showed. And pence really dodged most of his questions.

I see why
I don't think I've ever seen you post in the discussion forums - good for you!

Your first paragraph contains several of your opinions that are contradicted by either written reports our verified journalism.

Trump taxes: If the times mis-reported that then why isn't trump suing them for liable. Answer: trump's lying. It's probably legal that he paid nothing in FIT, so why lie about it?

Charlottesville: Trump was careful to praise the "good people on all sides" because he didn't want to piss of the White Supremacists which is a large part of his base. He did the same thing at the debate that when pressed do denounce white supremacists, he doubled down and told the proud boys to wait for his orders.

China: Not sure what you're talking about here. Are you talking about when trump praised Xi for his heroism and transparency? Are you talking about when trump closed off travel to china after letting thousands of people come back to the states without being quarantined? Many of the infections came back from Europe. Are you talking about tariffs? How is that "free trade" philosophy doing? Seems cons change their minds about their beliefs when an "R" is in office.

Russia: The Mueller report documents all the colluding the trump campaign did with Russia. I know.. you want us to believe the trump tower meeting was all about adoption <rolling eyes>

You have no confidence in Biden a true statesman because he's 4 years older than trump? Give me a break, Biden could run the government in his sleep. Trump burns everything to the ground when he's conscious.

I see why he never posts up here now.

It's good to see the fly tying with Pence. They gave as many straight answers to the questions.

Who Let the fly in ? 👍

Welcome to the forum.🙂

The Trump/Pence opposition party.

The robotic drone fly was sent in to land in Pence’s hair to be a “joking” distraction in case Harris did poorly in the debate.

I think, the plan worked based on this thread.😉

Roseann:)

Welcome to the forum.🙂

The Trump/Pence opposition party.

The robotic drone fly was sent in to land in Pence’s hair to be a “joking” distraction in case Harris did poorly in the debate.

I think, the plan worked based on this thread.😉

Roseann:)
I’ve read stupider posts, but I can’t remember when.

Well, another Pence lie can be proven by video.

Last night he said the Trumps were gathering outdoors. I see they are not.

Yeah, I agree, except I don't see any bounce for either candidate.

So the question can be read two ways, 1) who did I personally think won, versus 2) who do I believe the majority of viewers thought won the debate. I'm answering it for myself.
I think it was too close to a draw to matter very much. But I do think that there's been a crack develop in Trump's base and that will result in many of them not having the heart in it anymore that will push them to the polls.

The trouble is Jasper, a psychopath will never accept defeat and so for that reason is see some very terrible possibilities. A large group of extreme rightists will be able to gather up the courage that was lacking with the 13 who are now safely in jail.
or
Trump pulls out due to either sickness or death.
or....................................??

Back
Top Bottom