• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the Vice Presidential debate?

Who won?

• Kamala Harris

• Mike Pence

• Tie

• Neither

• Susan Page

• The fly

Results are only viewable after voting.
First off, I hated the format. These are some fairly complex issues that deserve more than two minutes. It was basically a sound bite generation exercise for their campaign ads and fundraising emails.

Pence is obviously the more experienced and polished politician, but that’s not necessarily a positive attribute. It’s been a while since I felt someone who was running for office actually spoke from the heart, and not sound like they’re reading from a script. His responses were well-practiced and he has a nice speaking voice, but I doubt he changed anyone’s mind.

Harris annoyed me. I don’t like nasally whiny voices and she sure has that. She also came across to me as being very condescending and just bitchy. I think she drew the most blood, but she also didn’t change anyone’s mind.

Just because of his more polished presentation and demeanor I think Pence “won” by a hair. It won’t move the needle on voters for either candidate though.
LOL I agree with the nasally voice and the smirking. Bad form. I also agree that the debate changed no-one's mind!

But I think she should have actually fought harder, like Pence did. She seemed a little ill-prepared actually.

I don't care for Harris but she's not stupid. She appeared to have a problem with losing and being able to hide it. Each time Pence scored point she looked like the a child that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Harris is unfortunately a lot like Hillary, not very likable. She doesn't know how to some off as likable yet strong.
No women in that position in US is likable . You are just not ready for a women being equal to men. I am sorry to say. She couldn't interrupt or confront in the way Pence did because off this. Her hands where tide I am sorry to say. And she was smart enough to know that (unlike Hillary) It tells me that she will be an excellent vice president.

Even in this thread there is a focus on outer attribute for Harris, while the focus for Pence is on how good he answered or avoid answering.

The only place where women are liked even being as powerful as any man is if they are performers, artists, actors or social media influencers.

This debate was almost a shutout for Pence. He spoke in slow measured tones & never misused a single word.
On the other hand, you were much too charitable describing Harris voice as chalk on a blackboard, Harris revolting
nasal voice is something even democrats realize they do not want to hear for the next four years.

Funny but hard to believe but her performance was almost as bad when Pence
was speaking as when she had the floor with those
unusual facial contortions & smirks. This lady the democrats should never showcase again.
As unlikeable as Mrs. Clinton and that's saying something.
I think Pence won on both technical merit and for fighting harder than Harris did. Pence actually looked pasty and ill to me, almost like a corpse, but he did well.

Pence is the better debater. It's just that he's full of shit and has no soul.

LOL I agree with the nasally voice and the smirking. Bad form. I also agree that the debate changed no-one's mind!

But I think she should have actually fought harder, like Pence did. She seemed a little ill-prepared actually.

That’s my biggest complaint. The format didn’t allow for them to fully communicate their positions, so there were a lot of unfinished statements and arguments.

No women in that position in US is likable . You are just not ready for a women being equal to men. I am sorry to say. She couldn't interrupt or confront in the way Pence did because off this. Her hands where tide I am sorry to say. And she was smart enough to know that (unlike Hillary) It tells me that she will be an excellent vice president.

Even in this thread there is a focus on outer attribute for Harris, while the focus for Pence is on how good he answered or avoid answering.

The only place where women are liked even being as powerful as any man is if they are performers, artists, actors or social media influencers.
Unless you're Oprah!

The fly was interviewed after his little encounter. "Sorry I had to leave..I..I just couldn't take his lies anymore."

Right before the frog ate him, yes?

tenor.gif

I so wanted to vote for the fly....

I did pick Harris, but I really wanted her to say...Pence, you were the head of the Covid task force and the entire White House, including your boss, the President is infected with Covid19...and 210,000 Americans are dead..,...do you really call that a good job?

As always, it doesn't matter what the candidates said, the winner is which ever party gets the most memorable campaign product out of the debate. ...................... and the winner? Fly swatters for sale. Hilarious!!!!

Harris. She was much more upbeat, energetic, and patient. Pence almost always overran his time, interrupted much more often, and looked mostly annoyed.
LOL................

I so wanted to vote for the fly....

I did pick Harris, but I really wanted her to say...Pence, you were the head of the Covid task force and the entire White House, including your boss, the President is infected with Covid19...and 210,000 Americans are dead..,...do you really call that a good job?
The CDC did a lousy job.

As always, it doesn't matter what the candidates said, the winner is which ever party gets the most memorable campaign product out of the debate. ...................... and the winner? Fly swatters for sale!

Pence had a pretty bad night. The fly was so goddamn funny.

I picked Pence, just for technically winning the debate. Harris should have fought harder and stolen time like Pence did.

Regarding Pence's facts or claims about the trump administration's performance - total fiction. I wish Harris had another debate.

I would agree, but honestly, the fly stole it and was the highlight of the evening.

And Harris despite all the kudos she gets for being a (terrible) prosecutor was always a mediocre debater at best as we'd seen during the primaries.

I think Pence won, but barely. Her smug face and whiney voice did not help her chances for new folks seeing her for the first time.
Apparently the undecideds share your viewpoint.
Undecided voters panned Sen. Kamala Harris' "condescending reactions" to Vice President Mike Pence
It has nothing to do with gender or color. Those who claim that those who thought it inappropriate did so because of those two factors are themselves playing the gender and race card. This same demeanor was part of Biden’s downfall in the first debate. He was disrespectful also.

Obviously Harris thinks these debates are a joke.

The CDC did a lousy job.

Sure when you pull the CDC pandemic observers out of China, bypass the the CDC as an information center, repudiate their detailed guidelines, take political control of their reports, cut their budget, publicly denigrate it and it’s civil leaders, the organization tends to be less effective.

Right, but she's a woman so it's especially annoying! /s 😉

The mental gymnastics a woman, especially a black woman, must adhere to must have made Ms. Harris capable of kicking that fly off Pence's head while he lied.

But who is she to interfere with the Will of God.
God has marked those He will mark, and in ways only God sees fit.

Pence lost because he lied by spewing out absurdities, shit on the moderators and had a fly sit on his head for twenty minutes.

The mental gymnastics a woman, especially a black woman, must adhere to must have made Ms. Harris capable of kicking that fly off Pence's head while he lied.

But who is she to interfere with the Will of God.
God has marked those He will mark, and in ways only God sees fit.
It landed right after his sanctimonious screed about his supposed respect for the sanctity of human life. Everyone knows the only human life he cares about hasn’t even been born.

The flu was there to remind us that this man shits on those already born.

Back
Top Bottom