• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who won the Vice Presidential debate?

Who won?

• Kamala Harris

• Mike Pence

• Tie

• Neither

• Susan Page

• The fly

Results are only viewable after voting.
As painful as it was, I voted Pence but only by a slight margin.

Perhaps my influence is an expectation that a prosecutor / senator would be more prepared to answer some of those questions and challenges by Pence but all too often Harris seemed unsure and flustered. Not a the performance needed to night.

And that is with Pence not really wanting to answer the questions thrown his way but talk about whatever the hell else he wanted to.

Both got a C ('ish) score in my opinion but Pence was just enough better to "win" that debate.

I picked Pence, just for technically winning the debate. Harris should have fought harder and stolen time like Pence did.

Regarding Pence's facts or claims about the trump administration's performance - total fiction. I wish Harris had another debate.

I picked Pence for the same reasons.

He lied and he openly cheated but I think he won. That's pretty much Trump's plan with general election too. Hopefully not as successful though.

P.S. FWIW, I only watched the second half of the debate and missed the COVID part.

As painful as it was, I voted Pence but only by a slight margin.

Perhaps my influence is an expectation that a prosecutor / senator would be more prepared to answer some of those questions and challenges by Pence but all too often Harris seemed unsure and flustered. Not a the performance needed to night.

And that is with Pence not really wanting to answer the questions thrown his way but talk about whatever the hell else he wanted to.

Both got a C ('ish) score in my opinion but Pence was just enough better to "win" that debate.

I agree with your point about expecting better from a prosecutor. I mentioned in another thread that I thought she would win because she would articulate her points more effectively. She didn't tank by a long shot, but I think she could performed better. Pence did well at being a polished politician and maintaining decorum. He also did well at contesting some of the counter points by Harris.

Pence won, and won by a landslide. He brought facts to the debate and she brought theater.

I think Pence ahead of Harris in the debate. He clearly showed a higher level of debate skill than Harris did.

Fracking? No Fracking? Ban Fracking? Which is it now? Which is this week?
Fossil fuels? No Fossil fuels? Ban Fossil fuels? Which is it now? Which is this week?
It's a rather important question considering that natural gas from fracking has enabled the reduction of the emission of greenhouse gases, causing the global warming crisis, or so we are told, and that fossil fuels still powers very large parts of the economy, the banning reduction of elimination of either bounds to hit the electorate, especially the middle class, directly in the pocket book.

Not a good look to have such inconsistent messaging on such an important question with direct impact on everyone.

Pack the court? Won't pack the court? Which is it now? Which is this week?
This would be a fundamental change the balance of power between the 3 branches of federal US government, bound to have impact on everyone.

Again, not a good look to have such inconsistent messaging on such an important question with direct impact on everyone.

Harris wasn't the only one afflicted by such. Where is the ObamaCare alternative?

A fair observation about the peaceful and orderly transition, haven't had one since the results of the 2016 election were announced.

Image may contain: text that says 'BLACK FLIES MATTER'

Harris. Pence had no answer for why he’s got 210,000 dead Americans on his resume and is hosting superspreading events anyway.

The mere fact that only in the United States would two candidates have to square off behind plexiglass is damning enough. Pence and Trump are the reasons why, nine months later.
Also, Trump thinks COVID is a blessing from God.
I think giant flies landing on a serial prevaricator's head is a curse from both God and Satan.

A fair observation about the peaceful and orderly transition, haven't had one since the results of the 2016 election were announced.

That's just a B.S. cop out. Trump is the President and there was no physical altercation to get him there. Pence refused to say the same would happen if Biden wins.

I picked Pence for the same reasons.

He lied and he openly cheated but I think he won. That's pretty much Trump's plan with general election too. Hopefully not as successful though.

P.S. FWIW, I only watched the second half of the debate and missed the COVID part.
I think Kamala might have been a little overwhelmed by the debate. She seemed to at times, struggle to find words which I think is unlike her. Seemed slightly ill-prepared.

The mere fact that only in the United States would two candidates have to square off behind plexiglass is damning enough. Pence and Trump are the reasons why, nine months later.
Also, Trump thinks COVID is a blessing from God.
I think giant flies landing on a serial prevaricator's head is a curse from both God and Satan.
It was Harris' job to draw attention to that. Her lot was one of constant missed opportunities ...

I think Kamala might have been a little overwhelmed by the debate. She seemed to at times, struggle to find words which I think is unlike her. Seemed slightly ill-prepared.
Agreed.

I think Pence won, but barely. Her smug face and whiney voice did not help her chances for new folks seeing her for the first time.
The killer shot was Pence's nailing her and Biden to the intention to pack the Supreme Court for purely political purposes because they don't like the rules. She looked bad and it showed on her face as she squirmed in her seat.

The killer shot was Pence's nailing her and Biden to the intention to pack the Supreme Court for purely political purposes because they don't like the rules. She looked bad and it showed on her face as she squirmed in her seat.
You think that was the "killer shot", do you?

Pence dodged the healthcare question, once the ACA is overturned (because they don't give a shit) and the abortion question.

Also, I thought her comeback about trump packing the courts with unqualified ideologues was pretty good!

So.. you're wrong!

Harris came off as the stronger candidate. Despite the fact that both did their best to not answer questions, Pence just had too many lies and even when overstepping time limits and going back to address previous retorts by Harris instead of answering the question posed to him, he didn't do a convincing job. Clearly Harris came out ahead in that debate.

I don't care for Harris but she's not stupid. She appeared to have a problem with losing and being able to hide it. Each time Pence scored point she looked like the a child that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Harris is unfortunately a lot like Hillary, not very likable. She doesn't know how to some off as likable yet strong.

I don't care for Harris but she's not stupid. She appeared to have a problem with losing and being able to hide it. Each time Pence scored point she looked like the a child that got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Harris is unfortunately a lot like Hillary, not very likable. She doesn't know how to some off as likable yet strong.
I'm beginning to think the bolded might be possible. She also had some poor moments in the primary.

I like her, in as much as I think she'll fight for the liberal progressive cause. But, I'm not sure she has the stuff to win elections.

The killer shot was "If you have preexisting conditions, they're coming for you"...because they are.

You think that was the "killer shot", do you?

Pence dodged the healthcare question, once the ACA is overturned (because they don't give a shit) and the abortion question.

Also, I thought her comeback about trump packing the courts with unqualified ideologues was pretty good!

So.. you're wrong!
That comeback was a claim with no proof. If you researched I bet you would find as many qualified recommendations as those that would claim the nominees were unqualified. It's easy in todays political climate to get someone on the extreme end of either party to make a "necessary" asumption.

I paid close attention to Kamala's body language and how often she took notes while Mike was talking. She was really prepared to nonverbally display confidence she could fight back and show everyone a calm woman who enjoys debating with a polar opposite man. It also is significant that Harris kept telling Pence, "I am still speaking," when he interrupted her or went overtime.

First off, I hated the format. These are some fairly complex issues that deserve more than two minutes. It was basically a sound bite generation exercise for their campaign ads and fundraising emails.

Pence is obviously the more experienced and polished politician, but that’s not necessarily a positive attribute. It’s been a while since I felt someone who was running for office actually spoke from the heart, and not sound like they’re reading from a script. His responses were well-practiced and he has a nice speaking voice, but I doubt he changed anyone’s mind.

Harris annoyed me. I don’t like nasally whiny voices and she sure has that. She also came across to me as being very condescending and just bitchy. I think she drew the most blood, but she also didn’t change anyone’s mind.

Just because of his more polished presentation and demeanor I think Pence “won” by a hair. It won’t move the needle on voters for either candidate though.

This debate was almost a shutout for Pence. He spoke in slow measured tones & never misused a single word.
On the other hand, you were much too charitable describing Harris voice as chalk on a blackboard, Harris revolting
nasal voice is something even democrats realize they do not want to hear for the next four years.

Funny but hard to believe but her performance was almost as bad when Pence
was speaking as when she had the floor with those
unusual facial contortions & smirks. This lady the democrats should never showcase again.
As unlikeable as Mrs. Clinton and that's saying something.

Harris was mostly a rehash of u founded allegations against Trump, plus tax increases and the Green New Shaft.
In the obama days here in California gas was getting close to $4 a gallon average. Now it’s $3.50 with the latest new round of taxes. So if Biden wins and ends fracking and drilling on federal land, then the prices of gasoline in California will be close to $5.00 a gallon every day price.

Their solution? Force everyone to buy a $30k electric vehicle. That is the Green New Shaft.

Back
Top Bottom