• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is the Greatest President in your life time and why?

Ugh . . .

my life time?

well the bar isnt set to high IMO

in my lifetime is: 1977 till now so that's carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, Trump, Biden

its way to early for Biden, it might be even a little early for Donnie ect but since he was so horrible i cant imagine it getting better with history

Obama ( health care was a huge deal even though those against it have worked very hard to sabotage but they still failed, yes it has big flaws and healthcare always will but its still a huge success, an additional 20 million Americans with healthcare will always make it a success) and then theres how he united the NORMAL people in the country like no other more than any other president in history his exit pools numbers were the first, second or third highest in 16 categories over his two terms)

Clinton

Reagan is tricky, so many arms deals, piss poor response to AIDS and bullshit trickle-down that is still hurting us today but the right president at the right time i guess. Many call him one of the most overrated presidents of all time . . maybe thats tur and im doing it now

Bush I

Bush II - (there was a time when i thought he would be the worse presidency/administration (his admin is still one of the worse)
Carter a good man bad presidency/adminstration/times

Donnie

What does that have to do with the economic and social results in this country that benefited every American. You ever going to tell us what you expect out of a President as you are all over the place promoting social issues that are state and local responsibilities. Sorry but Reagan results destroy again your credibility. Was he perfect, NO but damn close as the results show
How is support of dictatorships overseas and obeying the law regarding asylum seekers a state and local responsibility? Are you responding to my posts or someone else's?

Bill Clinton. I was alive for Reagan, but don't remember much...and from what I can see, he's responsible for our current economic woes. Bush 1 I also don't really remember, I wasn't political. Clinton, however, managed to not **** up too bad, outside cheating on his wife, which I could give 2 shots about anyway. It's the economy, stupid.

Of course you did and of course Americans all over the country experienced that horror as well, right>? You really are nothing more than a partisan liberal hack out of touch with reality and totally ignoring the world in which we lieve
The topic was Reagan and foreign policy. No matter what his domestic policies were, Reagan's foreign policy was hypocritical and barbaric at times. As an American, part of a country that has great reach and influence over other countries, I feel it part of my responsibility as a citizen to object to foreign policies that I find abhorrent, counterproductive, and contrary to our ideals of supporting freedom, which I endorse. Hence protests against the Vietnam war, objections to support of dictators and overthrow of democracies. If I lived in Luxembourg or San Marino things would be different. Really quite simple.
Sorry, I have no more patience for people like you who supported Clinton, Biden, Obama and their massive gov't programs that never solved any of the problems that apparently are important to you. You live in the wrong state or country, California or maybe Chine is better suited for you

I asked you what the JFK and LBJ budgets were, and what do I get, more silence and diversion. Tax and spend Democrats creating massive dependence and destroying incentive?? YOU BET. Going to enjoy the Midterms and 2024 elections, Allowing people to keep more of what they earn really bothers people who cannot compete in a private sector economy or never had parents who taught them personal responsibility. Why don't you explain to us why the FEDERAL taxpayers should be funding social programs and healthcare for people living in your state? You apparently have no idea what your state and local responsibilities are or the state and local taxes you pay or their purpose
I have no idea what those budgets were. I do know that republicans have tended to cut taxes but continue to spend and thus increase deficits and debt. Obama, on the other hand, presided with the help of Congress, over cuts in the budget dedicit seven of eight years. The GOP persists in adhering to what George Bush I called "voodoo economics." But I love the "tax and spend" attacks on democrats, ignoring the invariable GOP "spend but don't tax" formula, which deplores spending but neve seems to specify what they want to cut. Oh, I forgot, the GOP wants to cut enforcement of laws against tax cheats. Why am I not surprised?

Non-American but I get a choice of Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama, Trump, and now Biden. I think Obama is the clear winner there.

Sorry, I have no more patience for people like you who supported Clinton, Biden, Obama and their massive gov't programs that never solved any of the problems that apparently are important to you. You live in the wrong state or country, California or maybe Chine is better suited for you
Some facts for you.

• Personal disposable income has grown nearly 6 times more under Democratic presidents
  • Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has grown 7 times more under Democratic presidents
  • Corporate profits have grown over 16% more per year under Democratic presidents (they actually declined under Republicans by an average of 4.53%/year)
  • Average annual compound return on the stock market has been 18 times greater under Democratic presidents (If you invested $100k for 40 years of Republican administrations you had $126k at the end, if you invested $100k for 40 years of Democrat administrations you had $3.9M at the end)
  • Republican presidents added 2.5 times more to the national debt than Democratic presidents
  • The two times the economy steered into the ditch (Great Depression and Great Recession) were during Republican, laissez faire administrations

Did you know that two thirds of America's GDP comes from blue counties (counties that vote democrat)?

It's a fact.

Biden Counties Account for 70% of U.S. GDP​

I guess Obama. He at least did the Affordable Care Act.
Right as a liberal you have no problem with someone else paying for your personal responsibility issue whether you abuse your body or not

Non-American but I get a choice of Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama, Trump, and now Biden. I think Obama is the clear winner there.
Of course you do because you don't have to pay for Obamanomics, but the American people do

How is support of dictatorships overseas and obeying the law regarding asylum seekers a state and local responsibility? Are you responding to my posts or someone else's?
Because Iran was a worse enemy

Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ)... He broke the back and brought down Jim Crow Segregation, and Integrated The Supreme Court, and created a Fair Policy Immigration Act, He created Medicare, and developed the EEOC under the Department of Justice, Economic Opportunity Act of 1964, Food Stamp Act of 1964, the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1965; The Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) ,

View attachment 67397650

Older right wing minded and conservative mined white people don't won't to give him his credits, because many are still angry because LBJ destroyed racial and gender based segregation. Libertarians Right hates the fact that LBJ pushed Affirmative Actions, to over-ride white people attempts and aims to try and continue their racial discrimination by covert means.

---
Second is Obama, He created ACA the Affordable Cares Act, and he also put stress test and checks on Banks and Financial Institution, and gave Elizabeth Warren the position of leadership in Consumer Protection Agency. He created "broad ranging "diversity" in his Administration, and he brought America out of the Economic Devastation, and saved GM and Other Companies that Republicans were willing to let crash and turn to dust.
Obama showed the world, that he was a President for America and All America People. He did not fall victim to the madness of those who expected him to become a President only for black people and do things that only benefit black people. He showed America that he did things that were for and to the benefit of All American People.
Republican are angry because they did not get to have their game plan to attack and say he only helped black people So, when republican could not attack that way, they wanted to claim he did nothing that help black people. Fact is, Obama did things that helped "AMERICAN PEOPLE" regardless of race, skin and ethnicity.

1655767453301.png

Not a single President since World War II has come close to the GDP Improvements that exist under John F.Kennedy and Lyndon B.Johnson.... The closest to LBJ's performance is Clinton. and Jimmy Carter did better than Nixon, GHW Bush, and GW Bush.

Fact goes to show most of these "money hungery" types who buy into Right Wing Republican Idiocy Narratives... don't know a damn thing, because they listen to Republican Spin Narratives... when Historical Fact... show those Republican Narratives are Bullshit... and they push a Republican deflection game upon their constituency.
Because they know most of these people who follow Republicanism "DON'T Read, Don't Research for Facts... they just regurgitate what right wing media's talking head and twisted minded deception promoting Republican Politicians tell them to say.

Facts tell the truth that under Republican The Economy does not come close to Democratic Performance.
Even with Obama, who inherited a devastated economy and brought it back from the brink, represents better performance that Republicans who inherited a Good Performing GDP from Democrats... and they still could not maintain it or match it.

It does not matter that the bigot mentality does not give LBJ the credit, we know their anguish about Jim Crow Segregation being demolished, has blinded them from the truth for over 50+ yrs.

Last edited:
I pay for your Medicare.
Yes, do so I, what does that have to do with your desire to have the rest of the country on Medicare? How does that make us better? Paid for 35 years, interest free money to the gov't. What you cannot seem to grasp is that federal taxpayers all over the nation fund UHC but cannot explain why that should be the case?

George Herbert Walker Bush

He managed the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact deftly. I cannot imagine any President in my lifetime doing it better. Hell, outside of my lifetime. He stood up to Thatcher and was fundamental to the reunification of Germany. An act that I personally believe saved NATO and that organization has been the backbone of European peace and prosperity for decades. He exercised sound military judgement when projecting American political will. The First Gulf War was nothing short of brilliant. He expanded the reach of neoliberalism and broke down regulatory abatis facilitating the free flow of capital, goods, and services across borders. And in doing so, started the process of lifting hundreds of millions of human beings out of poverty. Something we now take for granted. He was the last President with the balls to tell Israel to #sand when the interests of our two nations came in conflict. He was fiscally conservative in the face of a profligate Republican Party; it probably cost him the 1992 election.

No other President in my lifetime comes close.

Herbert Walker Bush really was a good foreign policy president. I also agree with you that he had the courage to do the right, fiscally responsible thing, which was to compromise with Democrats on budget issues.

Clinton is often (incorrectly) credited with lifting the country out of recession in the early 1990s but the economic recovery - at least in terms of growth - was already underway in the last 2 quarters of Bush's term. Clinton does get credit for managing adding stimulus to the economy and really helping the jobs market recover, but Bush probably got a bad rap on the economy just because of a bungled photo op with a supermarket scanner, lol.

Right as a liberal you have no problem with someone else paying for your personal responsibility issue whether you abuse your body or not
See posts 159 and post 160.

George Herbert Walker Bush

He managed the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact deftly. I cannot imagine any President in my lifetime doing it better. Hell, outside of my lifetime. He stood up to Thatcher and was fundamental to the reunification of Germany. An act that I personally believe saved NATO and that organization has been the backbone of European peace and prosperity for decades. He exercised sound military judgement when projecting American political will. The First Gulf War was nothing short of brilliant. He expanded the reach of neoliberalism and broke down regulatory abatis facilitating the free flow of capital, goods, and services across borders. And in doing so, started the process of lifting hundreds of millions of human beings out of poverty. Something we now take for granted. He was the last President with the balls to tell Israel to #sand when the interests of our two nations came in conflict. He was fiscally conservative in the face of a profligate Republican Party; it probably cost him the 1992 election.

No other President in my lifetime comes close.
HW’s foreign policy was terrible. The entire management of the end of the Cold War was bad for the world and is directly responsible for the problems in Eastern Europe today. The Ruthenians for example should never have been given all or the Ukranian SSR to act as an ethnostate. “Ukraine” should’ve been broken up. With the “Ukranians” in the traditional Ruthenia/Galicia and the Russians in Russia, Hungarians in Hungary etc

Also germany should not have been reunified.

Because Iran was a worse enemy
Ok, Iran was a worse enemy. What does that have to do with suporting military dictatorships in Central And South America that murdered tens of thousands of people?

As a liberal I want quality healthcare to be accessible for everyone. It has nothing to do with personal responsibility.

What a shock, you ever going to tell us why the people of TX should pay for your personal responsibility issue, healthcare?
I help pay for Texas’ defense, assistance when floods come, will probably pay to help repair their grid. And how is my chronic disease my personal responsibility?
So you would oppose Medicare and the VA as well as the ACA? And I assume you would preach this to Canada, Mexico, Europe, et al., all of which have forms of government sponsored health care. Have you been living under a rock since the New Deal?

Back
Top Bottom