• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Whites Are the Only Group That You Can Discriminate Against Legally in America

P. Kersey,

I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of replying further to your commentary because in my view it's not worth it. You're attempting to make arguments where none exist. I'm neither blaming White people for Black unemployment or low college admission/graduation rates or for low skills. I'm just saying that there isn't any evidence in my opinion that justifies Pat Buchanan's comments - period! You can try and bait people into a senseless coarse debate along the lines of the "equal opportunity" refrain, but sorry...not falling for it.

That said, no one can argue against the fact that generations of Blacks were oppressed by Whites leading up to the Civil Rights era, and to a degree such oppression continued afterwards. But I believe it's less prevalent today that in days past. For those who struggle to succeed but can't make it through no fault of their own, I do believe they should be assisted by anyone or any entity that shows a willingness to help be it an individual, a charity or government. But government also has a duty to be good stewards of taxpayer dollars. Furthermore, the individual has a responsibility to make good use of the opportunity afforded him or if he's able to create opportunities for himself. Of course, not everyone is able to do that. But where aid is given, one should strive to do better than their present difficult or hurtful circumstance.

And that's all I'm going to say about that. I won't be lured into your cesspool of racial hatred or bigotry no matter how colorful you ask your questions to make them seem justified.

I think she was until recently, her ratings went south and she lost her dumbass show after she started pushing obama
Oprah was at the top of the wealthiest "celebrity" list but she was never at the top of the most wealthiest list. That distinction is still dominated by white men.

Doesn't matter who feels discriminated against. As soon as the question of race, gender or ethnicity is asked on any form or application or whatnot, then bigotry is in the system.
Why even ask? I mean, if someone says they're black or hispanic, is it incumbent on anyone to prove it either way? Do you need to not only be black, but be black enough? Do you need to have some kind of Nazi, eugenically-acceptable geneology background check to prove you're telling the truth?

Oprah was at the top of the wealthiest "celebrity" list but she was never at the top of the most wealthiest list. That distinction is still dominated by white men.

And Jews....always Jews......

Ok but I just thought it was a great opportunity to diss the O and laugh about her demise.

She still earned $75 million last year. But why is her "demise" so funny to you? Don't you like seeing blacks succeed?

I think she was until recently, her ratings went south and she lost her dumbass show after she started pushing obama
Is that the myth people push about Oprah in the anti-Obama world? That she lost her show after she started pushing for Obama? LOL. Dude, she ended her show and then started an entire damn network. She didn't lose **** because of Obama. Why would she? She clearly targets liberals.

She still earned $75 million last year. But why is her "demise" so funny to you? Don't you like seeing blacks succeed?

Why do you play these stupid lib games/ Oh yeah, because you are lib. I enjoy her demise because she never should have inserted her big mouth into politics, she is an entertainer and nothing more. Just like we said to the Dixie Chicks, "shut up and sing".

Aren't Jews considered white?

Yes and no. It really depends on the situation, at least as far as I can see it. The Jews that are considered white are usually European Jews who have assimilated to American culture for the most part while Jews that still hold deeply onto their culture may not be considered white. At least that's what I have observed, but I could be wrong.

Is that the myth people push about Oprah in the anti-Obama world? That she lost her show after she started pushing for Obama? LOL. Dude, she ended her show and then started an entire damn network. She didn't lose **** because of Obama. Why would she? She clearly targets liberals.

So you seriously buy that spin? I guess you believe Glen Beck started his own network because he got so popular too huh.:lol:

That is essentially the way that many liberals look at things. Never mind that one group (whites) is nearly 5X as large that the other group (blacks) - they should have equal outcome in everything. We must not look at things like the out of wedlock childbirth rate, the crime statistics or any other personal behavior traits as having any bearing on that anticipated success, we must expect to pump money forever to folks that refuse to help themselves or even obey the criminal statutes.

There are also more poor white folks than poor black folks but let's never address that fact, we must continue to do the same thing, subsidize out of wedlock childbirth by HS dropouts, and anticpate a different result. We must believe that crime in these majority minority areas will disappear, or revert to average rates, if only sufficient (how much is never defined) amounts of money are dumped in to these areas to eliminate poverty (how that will happen is also never defined). We cannot press for (or expect) any behavior changes since that is racist.

Leftists always have to have a boogey-man. The only way to control the non-white minorities is to convince them that white people want to, "put them back in chains".

White privilege is really a state of consciousness where a White person truly believes they deserve to be held to a higher standard than any other racial group.

Are you sure it's not the self appointed activist who represent minorities who believe that minorties can't meet the same standards of whites ?

Why is the NBA 99% black, the NFL is over 50 % black and the NHL is over 99% white. That's easy, race isn't a factor, each individual is only looked at how good he is in that sport. Race and ethnicity isn't taken in consideration.

When a white applies to a university, the only thing that is looked at is his or hers SAT scores and GPA. As soon as one checks the minority box, then race and or ethnicity becomes a factor and it dumbs down the academic requirements for that individual and they no longer have to compete with someone who has a higher SAT score or higher GPA. When there are only so many slots for acceptance, who's being discriminated against ?

Wow! A lot of people here still don't understand affirmative action. They either don't know or ignore the fact that AA benefits mainly white women! So Buchanan's statement is quite incorrect.

"According to the United States Labor Department, the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action are white women." (http://www.ncsu.edu/project/oeo-training/aa/beneficiaries.htm)

"All economic indicators, higher education admissions’ practices, and corporate and law firm figures show that when it comes to leveling the playing field in the past 30 years, white women—not black men, black women or other persons of color—have gained the most ground." (http://www.theroot.com/views/real-affirmative-action-babies)

"But study after study shows that affirmative action helps white women as much or even more than it helps men and women of color." (http://ideas.time.com/2013/06/17/affirmative-action-has-helped-white-women-more-than-anyone/)

Recent Gains Highest For White Women As Affirmative Action Debate Opens, Data May Alter Its Course. - Philly.com

Last edited:
P. Kersey,

I'm not going to give you the satisfaction of replying further to your commentary because in my view it's not worth it. You're attempting to make arguments where none exist. I'm neither blaming White people for Black unemployment or low college admission/graduation rates or for low skills. I'm just saying that there isn't any evidence in my opinion that justifies Pat Buchanan's comments - period! You can try and bait people into a senseless coarse debate along the lines of the "equal opportunity" refrain, but sorry...not falling for it.

That said, no one can argue against the fact that generations of Blacks were oppressed by Whites leading up to the Civil Rights era, and to a degree such oppression continued afterwards. But I believe it's less prevalent today that in days past. For those who struggle to succeed but can't make it through no fault of their own, I do believe they should be assisted by anyone or any entity that shows a willingness to help be it an individual, a charity or government. But government also has a duty to be good stewards of taxpayer dollars. Furthermore, the individual has a responsibility to make good use of the opportunity afforded him or if he's able to create opportunities for himself. Of course, not everyone is able to do that. But where aid is given, one should strive to do better than their present difficult or hurtful circumstance.

And that's all I'm going to say about that. I won't be lured into your cesspool of racial hatred or bigotry no matter how colorful you ask your questions to make them seem justified.

I see. To you, discrimination against negroes is a horrible thing and because you view them as inferior and incapable of achieving without government force they can't function in civilization without special support and laws.... but of course anyone who points out that negroes have been given more government assistance and preference than any other race is a bigot and racist.

As I posted elsewhere...and I quote myself;

For the past five decades we've empowered them, franchised them, pampered them, placed them on pedestals as creatures to be pitied....and for all that spending, pampering and pandering, we have vast urban areas of slums, ghettos, ruins filled with some of the most violent, blood thirsty, savage, feral creatures to ever stride the planet. We've had over 50 years of forced integration. Over 50 years of generous social entitlement programs. Over 50 years of excuses for their failure to assimilate and thrive in civilized society.

We elevated them we've given money to bring them out of poverty, we've passed laws to prevent non-white discrimination, we've advanced them in our schools without them needing to learn, we've given them jobs and home loans they didn't qualify for but we must do MORE...
If this country lasted 1000 more years...(and it won't last 10 but that's another topic)...negroes and negro apologists would STILL say we haven't done enough and we must give them MORE...

Last edited:
So it's okay to discriminate against white people because some of them are wealthy?

no it is not

but it is not okay to discriminate against black people because of their color either

yes this thread shows that this discrimination still exists in many people's minds

Why do you play these stupid lib games/ Oh yeah, because you are lib. I enjoy her demise because she never should have inserted her big mouth into politics, she is an entertainer and nothing more. Just like we said to the Dixie Chicks, "shut up and sing".

So does this rule apply to ANY entertainer who gets involved in politics? If so, please tell Ten Nugent to shut the f**k up.

I see. To you, discrimination against negroes is a horrible thing and because you view them as inferior and incapable of achieving without government force they can't function in civilization without special support and laws.... but of course anyone who points out that negroes have been given more government assistance and preference than any other race is a bigot and racist.

As I posted elsewhere...and I quote myself;

For the past five decades we've empowered them, franchised them, pampered them, placed them on pedestals as creatures to be pitied....and for all that spending, pampering and pandering, we have vast urban areas of slums, ghettos, ruins filled with some of the most violent, blood thirsty, savage, feral creatures to ever stride the planet. We've had over 50 years of forced integration. Over 50 years of generous social entitlement programs. Over 50 years of excuses for their failure to assimilate and thrive in civilized society.

We elevated them we've given money to bring them out of poverty, we've passed laws to prevent non-white discrimination, we've advanced them in our schools without them needing to learn, we've given them jobs and home loans they didn't qualify for but we must do MORE...
If this country lasted 1000 more years...(and it won't last 10 but that's another topic)...negroes and negro apologists would STILL say we haven't done enough and we must give them MORE...

If you want to have a real conversation where you actually have a chance at people listening to you I recommend you stop being a bully and putting words in peoples mouths. Just some unsolicited advice.

If you want to have a real conversation where you actually have a chance at people listening to you I recommend you stop being a bully and putting words in peoples mouths. Just some unsolicited advice.

You're unable to address the topic and as a last resort you change the subject. Got it.

So it's okay to discriminate against white people because some of them are wealthy?

No, it's that people who have been privileged all their lives have a difficult time understanding what actual discrimination is and often confuse loss of privilege with discrimination. Whites in this country enjoy privilege every day, but are so accustomed to it that they do not notice. Men, heterosexuals, and members of religious majorities enjoy a great deal of privilege, as well. Then they start to lose some of that privilege and cry foul, not realizing that they are merely being brought down to a level playing field with everyone else. They are complaining about what others are fighting to have.

Oh I see it's only a stupid lib game when you lose the stupid con game that you started.

As for the Dixie chicks...they weren't the first musicians to protest a war or criticize a president....and they won't be the last. Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Pete Seeger, John Lennon, Bob Marley, Neil Young...just to name a few.

Politics and actors, musicians, artists, etc. have always gone hand in hand. Joe Kennedy owned part of RKO. Disney made war propaganda films. Hollywood was targeted and blacklisted by McCarthy. Anita Bryant targeted Gays, Reagan got his start in politics as president of the screen actors guild. Schwarzenegger became Governor riding on his fame as an actor. Charlton Heston was president of the NRA. Clint Eastwood spoke at the RNC convention. Ted Nuggent is gun right and tea party activist. Rep. Fred Thompson was a regular on Law and Order and still tries to run for president.

Celebrities as Political Activists - Why Stars Make Lasting Marks as A... - AARP

"...Hollywood actors' involvement in politics started much earlier than people realize. For over 100 years, movie stars have influenced the ways in which Americans have thought about politics. From Charlie Chaplin to Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hollywood activists have repeatedly spoken out on the most important political issues of their day. In a nation filled with political malaise, where a majority of voters consistently fail to go to the polls, movie stars have done more than just show us how to dress, look or love. They have taught us how to think and act politically. Yet, movie star activism on the left and the right has been far more complex than we usually think. Over the course of the century, movie stars engaged in six types of political activism: visual politics, electoral politics, issue-oriented politics, movement politics, image politics, and celebrity politics....
Steven J. Ross: Hollywood's Surprising Political History

Hollywood and Politics: A Long Love Affair - Election 2012

Conservatives only seem to complain when liberal celebrities get political, but they have no problem electing conservative actors to high office or using Clint Eastwood at their RNC primary or Ted Nuggent as their poster boy. Conservatives reek of hypocrisy at every turn.

So why do you play these stupid hypocritical con games? Oh yea, because you're a con. Stop trying to hijack the thread with your stupid con games, Sawer.

Last edited:
Whites in this country enjoy privilege every day, but are so accustomed to it that they do not notice.

You should have no trouble listing all these foul, vile "privileges", then, right?
Give specific examples and show how they cause disadvantages to other races. Include links and/or sources.

Back
Top Bottom