• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where do my rights end and yours begin?

Online education

I had all my shots as a kid. I think all kids should have their shots for their own protection, but I think the risks to other kids in school is exaggerated especially if they’re vaccinated.

If they are vaccinated, they aren't at risk...are they?

yes, they're still at risk when anti-vaxers chip away at herd immunity. vaccines aren't one hundred percent effective, and if you increase the size of the incubator population, herd immunity loses some of its protective effect for both the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

I had all my shots as a kid. I think all kids should have their shots for their own protection, but I think the risks to other kids in school is exaggerated especially if they’re vaccinated.

Are you a doctor or research scientist

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/videos/2002221983142615/
This is a video showing the reaction of what those who are against vaccinating their children at a hearing where some of their "rights" have been reduced. My question is where do you stand on where do these peoples rights not to vaccinate their children begin and where do they end. I think that if they don't want their children vaccinated, then keep them out of the public where they can infect children whose illnesses don't allow them to be vaccinated. Keep them out of public schools. If private schools allow them that is fine with me. Don't take them to public areas where they can infect other children. The problem is, these people want both, the right not to vaccinate and the right to take their un-vaccinated children anywhere. That I believe is where their rights end, where they can cause harm to others.

I’d be interested to know your views on illegal immigration. Many of those people, kids included, also, don’t have their shots.

I’d be interested to know your views on illegal immigration. Many of those people, kids included, also, don’t have their shots.

You need shot records to enroll in school

Ya, this so-called compromise hurts the kids, which hurts us.

I vote Hell No.

Eh, I’m not entirely sold on compulsory education so if we start by exempting unvaccinated kids, I believe in that’s the toe hold we need to bring the whole system down.

if you don't want to have your kids vaccinated then don't ****ing have kids; it's that goddamn simple ................

WTF is wrong wit peeps? ...................

Should people who drive over the speed limit be ostracized from society?

Their behavior incrementally increases the chances I'll be harmed in an auto accident, right?

Eh, I’m not entirely sold on compulsory education so if we start by exempting unvaccinated kids, I believe in that’s the toe hold we need to bring the whole system down.

We need happy healthy and wise adults, it is our responsibility as parents and also as members of this society to take prudent measures towards this goal. Hindering this society obtaining this goal because some parents insist that they have the right to be irresponsible with the vaccination/nonvaccination of their kids can not be allowed to stand. If we allow it to stand we are so dim that we deserve all the harm that comes our way.

if you don't want to have your kids vaccinated then don't ****ing have kids; it's that goddamn simple ................

WTF is wrong wit peeps? ...................

Apparently, it's that they don't do and think as you feel they should.

So no compulsory education for unvaccinated kids?

No, they still have to meet education standards required by law. It just might mean finding a private school that will accept them or home schooling.

Nope, but I bet kids come in contact with folks who haven’t had their shots daily and nobody ever knows.

If those numbers increase so do the odds of your kids getting sick

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/videos/2002221983142615/
This is a video showing the reaction of what those who are against vaccinating their children at a hearing where some of their "rights" have been reduced. My question is where do you stand on where do these peoples rights not to vaccinate their children begin and where do they end. I think that if they don't want their children vaccinated, then keep them out of the public where they can infect children whose illnesses don't allow them to be vaccinated. Keep them out of public schools. If private schools allow them that is fine with me. Don't take them to public areas where they can infect other children. The problem is, these people want both, the right not to vaccinate and the right to take their un-vaccinated children anywhere. That I believe is where their rights end, where they can cause harm to others.

Your rights end when they confer an obligation on another for the exercise of said right.

Should people who drive over the speed limit be ostracized from society?

Their behavior incrementally increases the chances I'll be harmed in an auto accident, right?

if you are harmed due to their carelessness then they could do jail time and your insurance will pay so...big difference

No, they still have to meet education standards required by law. It just might mean finding a private school that will accept them or home schooling.

What if they can’t afford private school and aren’t competent to home school? Is primary education a privilege or a right? I thought if it was a right, like voting, there was an obligation to provide it for “free”.

As someone that nearly died from vaccinations (allergic reaction because it was incubated in eggs and I was allergic to eggs) I fully understand any parents choice to not vaccinate. I, however, vaccinated with no reservations. My thought process was that the risk is far outweighed by the benefit. But, there is a risk. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a fool.

So, here is where I draw the line. The government has no authority to force anyone to risk their life or their child's life. That is a personal choice.

I also recognize that unvaccinated children pose a risk to me. But I have no right to limit someone else's right.

Best post in the thread.

What if they can’t afford private school and aren’t competent to home school? Is primary education a privilege or a right? I thought if it was a right, like voting, there was an obligation to provide it for “free”.

Online education is available in every state. They will even give you a computer

if you are harmed due to their carelessness then they could do jail time and your insurance will pay so...big difference

Sure. But you would punish the unvaccinated child before they are able to do any harm, based on a decision they weren't party to?

Your ears are failing you.

And yet you have no argument against affording the society rights, all you have is "That means something that I call totalitarianism, YUK!". What you fail to comprehend, most likely because your education is shoddy, is that everything in life is a balancing act, when one becomes as fundamentalist as you are bad results always follow, because you are out of sync with the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom