• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When do you stop looking/trying

24 was a good year for me.... :pimpdaddy:

Yeah, well that is good for you. What do you suggest I make for dinner? I am going to go out grocery shopping today and I was curious what you would reccomend?

This is probably the worse forum to ask for advice because the majority of you are married or old or in relationships. .

WTF? How old are you? 12?

Put down the video games, and get a job.

Maybe that should be your first priority. Women like successful men for the most part, not a couch potato.

Last edited:
I'm 48, however I'm curious as to what that has to do with relationship advice?
Actually the older you are, the more experienced you are suppose to be. How true may that be I do not know. Since most of us in this forum are adults and we are not young anymore. What that comment had to do was humor because sometimes it is difficult to talk about things. And when humor is used it is suppose to make things easier.

It is a hassle to go out and be around other people. Many people are pissy and the easiest thing will set them out and they will chew you out, etc. OR if they see you in and you are being bullied they come and participate. Basically many people do not like to be emotionally abused with but when it comes down to it. They willl be the ones who abuse you emotionally. Its ok though because they are human after all. I just wished people would stop and think what they are saying or doing. No one on this planet is great.

It's only a hassle to be around other people when the other people seem to feed off of drama. I don't like drama, I don't seek it out and tend to avoid those who welcome it.

It's only a hassle to be around other people when the other people seem to feed off of drama. I don't like drama, I don't seek it out and tend to avoid those who welcome it.
Yeah but sometimes it is unexpected. And sometimes the people who say they do not like drama are the ones who like to cause drama. Which is the worse thing a person can do. I tend on avoiding people especially the ones who cause drama, but my family.....

I'm in the same boat as the OP here.

This summer you need to go travelling. Since you are usually alone, I suggest you join a group with lots of young people your age like this company: Travel Europe, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, and Asia — Tours for 18-35 year olds — Contiki Tours, do a tour that lasts at least a month.

By being in a large group of people day in day out, you will familiarise yourself with these strangers and learn to talk and interact with them. You won't feel as much pressure as in a party etc. where you only have a short time to talk to people. And if you feel like running away, you can't because you are stuck for a month with them anyway.

Learning to interact with strangers is not just a way to meet girls, but is a life skill that will help you succeed in the future. Given your description of yourself, your failure to find a job after the first BA might have something to do with your shyness too. That situation likely won't change, unless you change. Even if you can get a job after this CS degree, being reclusive will curtail your chances of success, unless you are a genius.

I had a friend who was desperately shy like you describe yourself. We would sit at dinner for an hour, and he would say no more than a few words, and only when I asked him questions. I would try to find things to say to him and he would look up about to say something and then just give a nod and that's it. It's excruciating for the person trying to talk to him. Me, I never had any problem talking to strangers, mostly because I don't really care about making them like me, though I'm still nice and friendly. Since I don't care, there's no pressure to impress and conversation comes naturally. When I can't have a natural conversation with someone, I knew we likely weren't gonna be friends so nothing lost there. You need to look at talking to strangers as nothing to lose, since if you don't talk to them, you still have no new friend.

With regards to relationship, I think your problem is that the people who take the time to talk to you, and thus who you will likely feel attracted to, are the nice older ones who see your shyness and feel sympathy for you (sorry if that's a bit harsh). The younger ones your age are busy being chased by confident guy your age or older ones. If you want someone your age to go out with, you will have to work up your courage and actually talk to them.

But relationship isn't everything. One could be unhappy in a relationship and very happy without one. I liked being alone very much because everything I do, I only needed to please myself, but being with someone at the right time has its perks too.

Dr Phil said something very illuminating on TV the other day, to paraphrase: our society is so sold on the idea of coupledom, a lot of girls will do anything to be with a guy, even if the guy is abusive, rather than being alone. This can apply to a guy trying to be with a girl he's unhappy with too.

Oh, and my shy friend, he now has a beautiful girlfriend, a good job and have opened up quite a bit. You can have all those too.

Last edited:
If you love women, or at least like them, they will sense it and they will be drawn to you - and by that I mean only that they will like you and be comfortable with you, not necessarily in a romantic way.

Are you being open with them, about yourself, about what you want? If they sense something about you that is artificial, anything in your words that seems insincere, they will back away.

Women like men who like women. Hell, we all like people who like us.

Relax.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom