• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What'd You Get For Christmas?

I understand the more you use beet juice, the more tolerant you become. I like to add lemon with the ginger root, so it tastes more like Lemon Pledge. :mrgreen:

Good tip. :)

This Christmas I didn't ask for much, but I got pretty much everything that I asked for.

I got Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Xenoblade Chronicles X, a portable charger, new Skullcandy earbuds, a giant tub of peppermints, and a ton of new clothes.

What about you guys?

I got a T-Fal Family Pro 3L Deep Fryer.

Before that I got to watch my wife open a bunch of presents, that made her smile

Before that I got a week with my daughter and a week to go.

:) MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This Christmas I didn't ask for much, but I got pretty much everything that I asked for.

I got Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Xenoblade Chronicles X, a portable charger, new Skullcandy earbuds, a giant tub of peppermints, and a ton of new clothes.

What about you guys?

Money

Beard oil

A reindeer sweater (thanks grandma)

A nightstand

And this :

DuckDunnred-3.jpg

A freezer full of pumpkin cookies baked by a daughter who loves me. The best present ever.

A half decent camera (Nikon AW1), a Jake Shimabukuro CD, a picture of Darth Vader signed by the guy in the suit, a Star Wars origami book, a ton of chocolates and a shiny Darth Vader bobble head.

I got a T-Fal Family Pro 3L Deep Fryer.

Before that I got to watch my wife open a bunch of presents, that made her smile

Before that I got a week with my daughter and a week to go.

:) MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas to you as well.

I buy my own presents then get them 'refunded' by family for xmas haha.

This year was some new bindings for my snowboard, a waterproof case for my GoPro and one of those ultra light down jackets from uniqlo.

Merry Christmas all!

My favorite gift was seeing the Cavs beat Golden State yesterday afternoon before anyone came over to divert my attention from the game. :)

I got a summer sausage and cheese gift pack from my daughter and granddaughters. That's it. :D Oh, I almost forgot, my wife's friend gave us a big tub of candy.

My wife and I don't get gifts for each other, haven't for years. It's a tradition, and one I am grateful for. :)

i also got a summer sausage / cheese box. always a fun gift.

Heeeey, fellow bassist !

I'm not sure I deserve such a beauty (Skyline 44-64 Custom *_*)

Sure you do.

Santa brought me a new Mark Bass amp, a Shimano Stradic 4000, a Bubba Blade and a butt load of cash.

But it was all somewhat dampened by the loss of a very special person on Christmas Day. It was most unusual in our home this Christmas.

This too shall pass.

Sure you do.

Santa brought me a new Mark Bass amp, a Shimano Stradic 4000, a Bubba Blade and a butt load of cash.

But it was all somewhat dampened by the loss of a very special person on Christmas Day. It was most unusual in our home this Christmas.

This too shall pass.

Mark Bass amps are supposed to be insane. Never tried one out though (I have a TC Electronic RebelHead 450).

Sorry about your loss :(

i also got a summer sausage / cheese box. always a fun gift.

Yep. Mine came with a very cool miniature meat cleaver, which actually works quite well. I have a feeling it will become a favorite little kitchen knife. :)

my folks got two family pocket watches fixed, and gave them to me as a gift. that's what i wanted this Christmas, and i've been looking forward to it for a while. this is my great great uncle's 1888 Elgin :

watch - 1.jpg

it's a key wind, which is super cool. it's going to be hard not to carry it daily, but i don't want to jar it and mess it up. i'll carry it from time to time.

and this is my grandfather's 1939 Elgin, which he got as a wedding present.

watch - 1 (1).jpg

this one is a little more touchy; the mechanism might need a bit more work, but it's so cool to hear it tick again.

Mark Bass amps are supposed to be insane. Never tried one out though (I have a TC Electronic RebelHead 450).

Sorry about your loss :(

I already have too many amps to recall. For the last couple of years I have been touring with a Peavey Tour Series 700 played through 8-10's. But I'm getting too old for that. My new Mark Bass combo weighs less than 50 pounds gives me all the stage volume I need, (and then some,) and sounds awesome. The cost is the only drawback. Ridiculously priced if you ask me. But I had to get one anyways. Just had to. They are the cat's ass bro.

Yep. Mine came with a very cool miniature meat cleaver, which actually works quite well. I have a feeling it will become a favorite little kitchen knife. :)

i have a couple of those, and they are awesome.

I already have too many amps to recall. For the last couple of years I have been touring with a Peavey Tour Series 700 played through 8-10's. But I'm getting too old for that. My new Mark Bass combo weighs less than 50 pounds gives me all the stage volume I need, (and then some,) and sounds awesome. The cost is the only drawback. Ridiculously priced if you ask me. But I had to get one anyways. Just had to. They are the cat's ass bro.

Does your band have a FB page ? Send me a link !
50 pounds is lucky. Mine is 82 :( but my roadie helps carry it, so what do I care ? *chuckles*

50 pounds is lucky. Mine is 82 :( but my roadie helps carry it, so what do I care ? *chuckles*

My stage tech, (roadie, lol) has been humping my gear for over 20 years. He ain't getting no younger either. I have a feeling he will appreciate this amp more than I do.

I will send you some links in your PM box. I would only ask that you, as a brother musician, keep that info to yourself. (I know that goes without saying.)

Man, just my Ampeg SVT810 cab weighs 140 pounds. I got tired of that REAL quick.

Then I bought two 4X10 cabs thinking that the weigh would be easier to handle in two trips instead of one. Still sounded great but....... too much work.

Then I got to thinking. All my bigger stage gear is ALWAYS limited by the F.o.H. engineer. My dials are NEVER past 10:00 o'clock. Neither the post or the gain is loud enough for me to hardly even hear it. The F.O.H. NEVER says "Can you turn up?" In fact, the opposite is true.

So, WHY the hell am I carting around all this gear? Looks cool. But I can't use it!

So, I said "**** it. I'm buying myself a small combo Mark Amp that kicks back at me like a wedge monitor and the just send my signal to the F.O.H. and let him do with it whatever the hell he wants to do with it. I just point my amp back at me and NOW, I can hear myself and the F.O.H. Engineer can just blow me. LOL!

PLUS!!! This is the best part............... if the F.O.H. is getting too strong of a signal, I can turn his signal down without it effecting my stage volume. Just like using a DI box except it comes direct out using an XLR (or neutrix/speak-on) cable. I do like that function.

Last edited:
Christmas and birthdays don't mean a lot around here because we just buy what we want when we want it. We put a limit at 10 presents per person and it's all small stuff. Virtually everything comes off of our Amazon gift lists. I did get some golf club sharpeners from my mother-in-law, which makes no sense because I have never played golf. I immediately re-gifted them to my father-in-law who does play golf. I think my mother-in-law is getting senile, she doesn't even remember ordering them.

Got a nice navy blue, double-breasted, low thigh length Peacoat. Man is it nice and warm.

Man, just my Ampeg SVT810 cab weighs 140 pounds. I got tired of that REAL quick.

Then I bought two 4X10 cabs thinking that the weigh would be easier to handle in two trips instead of one. Still sounded great but....... too much work.

Then I got to thinking. All my bigger stage gear is ALWAYS limited by the F.o.H. engineer. My dials are NEVER past 10:00 o'clock. Neither the post or the gain is loud enough for me to hardly even hear it. The F.O.H. NEVER says "Can you turn up?" In fact, the opposite is true.

So, WHY the hell am I carting around all this gear? Looks cool. But I can't use it!

So, I said "**** it. I'm buying myself a small combo Mark Amp that kicks back at me like a wedge monitor and the just send my signal to the F.O.H. and let him do with it whatever the hell he wants to do with it. I just point my amp back at me and NOW, I can hear myself and the F.O.H. Engineer can just blow me. LOL!

PLUS!!! This is the best part............... if the F.O.H. is getting too strong of a signal, I can turn his signal down without it effecting my stage volume. Just like using a DI box except it comes direct out using an XLR (or neutrix/speak-on) cable. I do like that function.

When I was in a band my base player had an Ampeg 8 tens cabinet. If I recall correctly it was on wheels though so he rolled it in and rolled it out. He was so stoked when he bought it. He loved just going to practice and standing right in front of it because he said he could feel it vibrating his leg hairs. lol

Back
Top Bottom