• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What should Dems counter offer to Trump over the shutdown and the wall?

You prove my point. You DON'T know...because the media hasn't told you about it.

I do not see Trump making any offers. Just Mulvaney, and he cannot sign any continuing resolutions.

And Mulvaney offered nothing. He just demanded less.

Last edited:
You should check with your president on that. It's his shut down, after all. Need I remind you of where he said it, or are you good?
It's not just Trump's shutdown to be fair.

It's the shutdown of Paul Ryan, Mark Meadow, Mitch McConnell, Jim Jordan and Lindsey Graham, too.

They let themselves get talked into this game of tough guy hardball by the the Crypt Keeper, just as much as Trump did, so they own this as much as he does.

My suggestion would be the 5 billion for Trump's wall and the Dems get DACA, straight up. What would you suggest the Dems to counter offer?

Separation from the general prison population when he's convicted?

I do not see Trump making any offers. Just Mulvaney, and he cannot sign any continuing resolutions.
Mulvaney looks like a guy that got thrown into a job he has no idea how to do.

And that's exactly the situation.

giphy.gif

I say increased border security funding (NOT A WALL) in exchange for DACA and a bill to protect the special counsel investigation.

Otherwise, our offer is nothing and the GOP can eat a dick for as long as it takes.

There are a lot of innocent government workers and their families suffering because of this current shutdown. I hope it's over soon!

There are a lot of innocent government workers and their families suffering because of this current shutdown. I hope it's over soon!
I hear ya'.

But we can't keep giving into Republican hostage games.

And Mulvaney offered nothing. He just demanded less.

Now you are just being silly.

You are dismissed.

I think Trump should simply declare the wall is built. His followers will celebrate a great win. Seriously, he says verifiably false stuff all the time and the Trumpsters refuse to admit it. If Trump says the wall is built, they will run with it.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/12/25/us/ap-us-trump-border-wall-fact-check.html

Good point, but perhaps it needs to be a little more nuanced. The Dems could approve substantial funding for border security, including 'steel slats' (Trump code for fixing or extending existing fences) and that will at least give Trump some grounds to declare 'victory'. Then he can claim that the wall is indeed being built and the Dems caved and are paying for it and the govt can get back to work.

...Until the new congress comes in and starts eviscerating him and he manufactures another crisis to distract from his political and legal troubles.

I don't hate Trump enough to wish him to eat my dick as well. A bag of all the recently deceased dicks is something I think we can all get on board with.

All of the dicks except for mine and yours. Deal?

My suggestion would be the 5 billion for Trump's wall and the Dems get DACA, straight up. What would you suggest the Dems to counter offer?

That had already been offered last year, and rejected by the president.

I say increased border security funding (NOT A WALL) in exchange for DACA and a bill to protect the special counsel investigation.

Otherwise, our offer is nothing and the GOP can eat a dick for as long as it takes.

I believe the Dems have approved over a billion in border security, none of which is for Trumps folly. Trump can go pound sand, Stormy or who ever.

no great wall of derp.

I think Trump should simply declare the wall is built. His followers will celebrate a great win. Seriously, he says verifiably false stuff all the time and the Trumpsters refuse to admit it. If Trump says the wall is built, they will run with it.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/12/25/us/ap-us-trump-border-wall-fact-check.html

He could tweet that they "fixed" rushmore and imported it to be the centerpiece of the wall and many of them would believe it....

Rushmore_Trump.jpg

He believes it already, why shouldn't they buy it?

It's not just Trump's shutdown to be fair.

It's the shutdown of Paul Ryan, Mark Meadow, Mitch McConnell, Jim Jordan and Lindsey Graham, too.

They let themselves get talked into this game of tough guy hardball by the the Crypt Keeper, just as much as Trump did, so they own this as much as he does.

Yes, but I am speaking of the one who, not 2 weeks ago, sat with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi and said that he owned the shutdown, and he would take up the mantle. Paraphrasing, but that's what I am referring to.

Okay, I'll buy that for a dollar. Watch as Trump blows that up, too. You'll see.

My suggestion would be to deport every politician that isn't serious about securing our borders.

It's nice to dream. I think Ivanka and Jr. might do a bit of time, and I think his overall ineptitude/collusion/obstruction/criminality will end his presidency, but Nixon did no time, Bankers did noone, Rick Snyder of Michigan has done none, and I think sadly neither will DJT. I hope to see him broke, and maybe that will happen, but no, he'll do no time. Sadly that fact proves America is circling the drain. The rule of law has come to mean nothing. Look how long this administration was allowed to go on unimpeded by the GOP? The Democrats will be able to take him down with Mueller's help, eventually, but only because of his collosally stupid way of trying to cover up his foul stench of corruption, but as they been doing since Watergate, the guy will slide. Trump is more corrupt and dumber than NIxon, but at least you can't say Trump has blood on his hands like Nixon did through using Vietnam as a distraction. Unfortunately as far as America's place in the world and "recovering" from this failure of an administration, the consequences of Trump could prove worse than even Nixon. Someone should pay, and some might, probably not the one who most should though, we know this from long years of watching it unfold.

Back
Top Bottom