• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What should DEM mayors and govs have done to STOP protests?

According to Trump, the protests must be ended, with DOMINATION. That means, that all the people that are having a problem with being murdered by cop must shut the **** up. Those that dont trust cops, must SHUT UP. Those that are profiled and targeted, must SHUT UP.

Trump has told all those that dont like him or his people or his policies, you dont have a voice in this. And we are going to conspire to make the right wing retain power in perpetuity. We will deem all Democrat theory and intention as terrorist. And criminalize anything but what Trump tells America they are.

This will enrage all those that used to live in a democracy. They will no longer feel they have a stake in this country. Which is EXACTLY what Trump intended from the start.

And so I ask. Had the DEMOCRAT mayors and governors done what they are SUPPOSED to, according to the right wing, what would they have done to HANDLE the protestors?

I dont want blather, I want concrete actions.

In answer to the question in the title, arrest any law breakers and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

You should not confuse protesters with rioters, which you have done here.

According to Trump, the protests must be ended, with DOMINATION. That means, that all the people that are having a problem with being murdered by cop must shut the **** up. Those that dont trust cops, must SHUT UP. Those that are profiled and targeted, must SHUT UP.

Trump has told all those that dont like him or his people or his policies, you dont have a voice in this. And we are going to conspire to make the right wing retain power in perpetuity. We will deem all Democrat theory and intention as terrorist. And criminalize anything but what Trump tells America they are.

This will enrage all those that used to live in a democracy. They will no longer feel they have a stake in this country. Which is EXACTLY what Trump intended from the start.

And so I ask. Had the DEMOCRAT mayors and governors done what they are SUPPOSED to, according to the right wing, what would they have done to HANDLE the protestors?

Protests are a constitutional right in the USA .....once again Rump over steps his boundaries as President = let's prosecute Trump for not being aware of the Constitution.
Another Article Of Impeachment in the making....

Unfortunately, everyone on the left has fought Trump on designating them as such for a long time now. The problem being is that a group like Antifa, is mostly a disconnected collection of cells that will act independently of one another. Now for BLM, you'd have a much easier time in doing so. Seeing as they do have a group formation and they have higher representatives.

Both BLM and ANTIFA are already domestic terrorist organizations under 18 U.S. Code § 2331(5):
(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and​
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States;​

No designation is required. If you are committing criminal acts for the purpose of coercing or intimidating civilians, or government, into either adopting or altering a policy, then you are a terrorist. That defines not only BLM and ANTIFA, but also the Democratic Party.

It doesn't matter if they are an organization or an individual, Public Law 107-40 gives the President the authority to use military force against either. As Obama demonstrated when he killed four US citizens with drone strikes in 2011, that he deemed to be a terrorist threat under Public Law 107-40.

Protests are a constitutional right in the USA .....once again Rump over steps his boundaries as President = let's prosecute Trump for not being aware of the Constitution.

protest is a right
violence against others is not...

Violence against others is through law enforcement shooting and/or killing innocent people.

There is no hard evidence that protestors have started any fires. KKK has long history of starting fires.

Your entire premise is faulty, for Trump is not against protesting....get that into your head first, then you might understand. The problem is the rioting, looting, destroying private and public property....all of which is criminal, i.e., against the law. Is it wrong for our elected leaders to support the "law of the land"? To top it off, you now have leftist judges and prosecutors refusing to charge or jail those who have committed crimes during the protests, fueling the fire for more criminal behavior. None of this is coming from Trump, but the democrats and their ilk.

It is an American right to protest.....it is NOT an American right to riot, loot and destroy property. Blending these two together, as the democrats are doing is an injustice which will be reflected in the election come November. People are not blind and can clearly see the terrible tactics of the left during an election year....it will bite them hard.

1. To be fair, the Dem mayors could not do much to stop the anarchy.

2. There was looting because the bad people who did it knew that nothing would happen to them.

3. And the non-violent marchers ignored the curfew because they knew that the mayors would not and could not enforce the curfew. Here in Los Angeles, the mayor recognized his powerlessness and rescinded the curfew. He even kneeled on the lawn of his home. And famous Hollywood Blvd. will be permanently disfigured by some words carved into the street to "honor" that three-initial movement.

4. Right now here in Los Angeles protesters are harassing the chief of police at his home!

5. People of all groups nowadays are out of control. They are not the largely peaceful marchers of earlier decades. Today, they know that they can get away with almost anything, so they do.

6, Genuine liberals (and there are a few) are no doubt mortified by the gratuitous violence in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Chicago, and -- of course -- New York City, but they do not have the guts to forcibly denounce the violence and call for arrests and punishment. They must follow the party line if they want to keep their friends -- and jobs.

In answer to the question in the title, arrest any law breakers and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

You should not confuse protesters with rioters, which you have done here.

Another Article Of Impeachment in the making...

Both BLM and ANTIFA are already domestic terrorist organizations under 18 U.S. Code § 2331(5):

No designation is required. If you are committing criminal acts for the purpose of coercing or intimidating civilians, or government, into either adopting or altering a policy, then you are a terrorist. That defines not only BLM and ANTIFA, but also the Democratic Party.

It doesn't matter if they are an organization or an individual, Public Law 107-40 gives the President the authority to use military force against either. As Obama demonstrated when he killed four US citizens with drone strikes in 2011, that he deemed to be a terrorist threat under Public Law 107-40.

Unfortunately for us, Obama was someone for them that could do no wrong. While Trump is going to have to take the long way in having them correctly designated as such. And even if he does, they'll most likely take that chance as a reason to try and have him impeached again, for yet another harebrained excuse that they'll be unable to prove.

I'm all for it. But the amount of resistance that Trump will face on that front alone, will make it a difficult run to finish.

(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States;

Perfect description of the Rump, the White House admin, many department secretaries, Pence, NRA, Erik Prince ..... yes the terrorists are in Washington DC inciting violence.

So instead of beating and killing innocent people who have the right to protest perhaps law enforcement should milling about the business districts protecting commercial operations from those might be
set on vandalism....... aka not part of the protests.

I said law breakers, or did you not want to see that?

Anybody that looted or damaged any property should have been arrested on the spot, not allowed for it to continue.

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States;

Perfect description of the Rump, the White House admin, many department secretaries, Pence, NRA, Erik Prince ..... yes the terrorists are in Washington DC inciting violence.

So instead of beating and killing innocent people who have the right to protest perhaps law enforcement should milling about the business districts protecting commercial operations from those might be
set on vandalism....... aka not part of the protests.

The BLM has been falsely accused:
AP Fact Check

ANTIFA is NOT a terrorist organization = Trump is wrong more often than he is right. Trump should keep his mouth shut.

I said law breakers, or did you not want to see that?

Anybody that looted or damaged any property should have been arrested on the spot, not allowed for it to continue.

hAS anyone OBJECTED TO arresting looters and arsonists? I have not heard one person. Instead, Trump wants to bash lib skulls.

protest is a right
violence against others is not...

The constant conflating of the two by the leftists / progressives / Democrats / media (but I needlessly repeat myself) is simply dishonest and only making it worse.

The leftists / progressives / Democrats in the criminal justice system which are releasing arrested rioters are only making it worse.

The leftists / progressives / Democrats / media which bail out rioters only to return to rioting are only making it worse.

The leftists / progressives / Democrats in local government which have pulled back police action to stem the violent rioters are only making it worse.

The leftists / progressives / Democrats / media are the only ones to blame for these riots.

You have to take the first step to run a marathon .. start small and escalate.

Although not a complete list, I would do the following:
  • Coordinate with local leaders to mobilize National Guard units
  • Establish early evening curfews with rigid rules (e.g. use of less lethal measures against violators - plastic bullets, bean bag rounds, rubber bullets)
  • Hefty fines for non-violent curfew violators.
  • Leverage less lethal measures against individuals using lasers, fireworks or environmental weapons.
  • Mobilize mounted riot police to begin dispersing crowds prior to curfew.
  • Establish tactical groups to search and destroy caches of supplies (e.g. water bottles, fireworks, etc.)
  • Post-riot video surveillance analysis to identify violent rioters and/or curfew violators: arrest violent rioters / fine curfew violators.
  • Fine individuals wearing gas masks
  • State and local leadership should allow law enforcement to do their job.

The Protestors are not the ones destroying property, those are the small group of rioters. Once again learn the difference.

Ummm, the right wants to label BLM as a terrorist organization, you really need to read up on the topic before making claims.

I'd still love to know how that works.
If I am wearing clothing that says Black Lives Matter, or have a sticker that says it, or if I say it out loud, does any of that constitute support for terrorism, like when someone supports ISIS or Al Qaeda?

Am I subject to arrest, or inclusion on the NoFly List? Do I get put on a database of possible terrorists?

The Protestors are not the ones destroying property, those are the small group of rioters. Once again learn the difference.

Ummm, the right wants to label BLM as a terrorist organization, you really need to read up on the topic before making claims.

Unfortunately for BLM, the perception is BLM = riots, and the average person won't do the analysis to see otherwise.

The constant conflating of the two by the leftists / progressives / Democrats / media (but I needlessly repeat myself) is simply dishonest and only making it worse.

The leftists / progressives / Democrats in the criminal justice system which are releasing arrested rioters are only making it worse.

The leftists / progressives / Democrats / media which bail out rioters only to return to rioting are only making it worse.

The leftists / progressives / Democrats in local government which have pulled back police action to stem the violent rioters are only making it worse.

The leftists / progressives / Democrats / media are the only ones to blame for these riots.

And even if surreptitiously they want to keep the rage alive

The BLM has been falsely accused:
AP Fact Check

ANTIFA is NOT a terrorist organization = Trump is wrong more often than he is right. Trump should keep his mouth shut.

I honestly don't give any validity to the kids doing violent street theater and cosplay.
For me, there is and always has only been ONE "antifa"....these people.

Antifa Class of 1945

Antifa 1943.jpg

And if you designate Antifa as a terrorist organization, you're designating American GI's who fought and died in WW2 as terrorists.

So, scrap the con? Conflate all protesters to terrorist? JUSt like you right wingers refuse to admit?
Are you looking for answers and discussion or just throwing verbal fire bombs like your beloved "protestors"?

I'd still love to know how that works.
If I am wearing clothing that says Black Lives Matter, or have a sticker that says it, or if I say it out loud, does any of that constitute support for terrorism, like when someone supports ISIS or Al Qaeda?

Am I subject to arrest, or inclusion on the NoFly List? Do I get put on a database of possible terrorists?

All you have to do is go out and voice your opinion, they want that silenced.

It wont be.

Unfortunately for BLM, the perception is BLM = riots, and the average person won't do the analysis to see otherwise.

Sure, of course, so the reason there's billions being spent on this false narrative is because....?
After all, if it's really that easy, then they shouldn't have to spend a dime and Trump can just shut his yapper, right?

Back
Top Bottom