• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What % of White People are Racist?

Someone who was born in Kenya. He's saying he's a birther.

SSHHHHHH

I know that. I was waiting for HIM to say it before mocking him.
It is unlikely that Obama's literary agent got the information from anybody other than his client, so Obama would be directly responsible for folks thinking he was born in Kenya.

Obama’s Literary Agent Said He Was Born in Kenya?
booklet.jpg

Last edited:
What percentage of white people do you believe are racist and why? :popcorn2:

I would suggest we should distinguish between people who are consciously racist (i.e. those who have conscious racist beliefs) and those who are not consciously racist, but who still harbor implicit bias toward other races. In the former category, I would guess no more than 5%. In the latter, I think the data is a little varied, but it indicates an overwhelming number. Probably 95% or greater.

His roofer said he was from Canada. His carpenter said Zimbabwe. His hairdresser vehemently asserts Panama Canal Zone...

So?
So? iLOL
Those are nowhere near as significant as what came from his literary agent. And would not imply the information came directly from the client (Obama) as what was published by the agent.

It is unlikely that Obama's literary agent got the information from anybody other than his client, so Obama would be directly responsible for folks thinking he was born in Kenya.

Obama’s Literary Agent Said He Was Born in Kenya?
booklet.jpg

From snopes article.

“You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time,” Goderich wrote. “There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more"

FFS stop.... Birtherism is Ignorance.
Wrong as usual.
Some aspects of birtherism and anti-birtherism is based in ignorance.
His place of birth was just one aspect of birtherism.
And if you were not ignorant of the issue you would know that.

Maybe 16% to 20% based on the polls using interracial marriage as a measure. Rather limited evidence but all I could find with a quick search. Maybe a poll on those who agree with the Alt-right, who have racist views, would be another measure. I think to ask a person who is racist directly if he or she or whatever that person’s gender non-gender is, if that person was racist, you’d get the answer NO. Just like if you ask a person that dos not pick up after their dog if they did…YES! That’s why racists are like people who don’t clean up after their dog. Disparate outcome is evidence of racism that can’t necessarily be proven of any individual. Dog doo outcome is evidence of a lack of responsibility that can’t necessarily be proven of any individual.

Anyway, nothing scientific.

16 percent agreeing outright that “marriage should only be allowed between two people of the same race,”

https://www.newsweek.com/many-ameri...ite-nationalists-they-think-poll-finds-666228

20% of Americans believe interracial marriage is morally wrong

https://www.newsweek.com/20-percent...cial-marriage-morally-wrong-poll-finds-845608

From snopes article.

“You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time,” Goderich wrote. “There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more"
And you believe that?
iLOL
Unlikely they would come up with his place of birth on their own.
Sure they did, just like they came up with all the other people's places of birth in their published directory all on their own.
Surrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I have some ocean front property in New Mexico, would you like to buy it?

Post #56.

Don't embarrass yourself more.
It seems you are the one embarrassing their self with what you are willing to believe.

And you believe that?
iLOL
Sure they did, just like they came up with all the other people's places of birth in their published directory all on their own.

Intentional ignorance noted.

Have a nice day.

And you believe that?
iLOL

It seems you are the one embarrassing their self with what you are willing to believe.

Projection.

Please try to be less stupid in the future.

Enough that one of Trump's main campaign strategies was appealing to racists to join his base.

Heck, for the midterms Trump based his campaign strategy on his base being largely composed of cowardly racists:

Trump's Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

So the question becomes: Do you think Trump knows his base?

Last edited:

99%. If you don’t believe me ask them who were the first slaves in the US. Anyone who says blacks and not natives as their first answer is a moronic douchebag racist. Even most blacks will say blacks first.

You linked to a site that DISPROVES your claim and you are stupid enough to call me ignorant?

Priceless.
iLOL
No, it does not disprove my claim.
It makes an unlikely claim that you choose to buy into.

Again.

iLOL
No, it does not disprove my claim.
It makes an unlikely claim that you choose to buy into.

Again.

Read the effing article.

For comprehension this time.

Read the effing article.

For comprehension this time.
JFC! What the **** are you not getting here?
The person's claim is not believable. It is not likely they just came up on it on thier own. Just like they would not have come up with those kind of specifics about the other folk's bio's they published. Do you really not understand that?

JFC! What the **** are you not getting here?
The person's claim is not believable. It is not likely he just came up on it on his own. Just like they would not have come up with those kind of specifics about the other folk's bio's they published. Do you really not understand that?

See post #70

Repeat as needed until you get a clue.

See post #71. Stop buying into bs.

Post #72

From snopes article.

Back
Top Bottom