• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What % of White People are Racist?

OK, Bob, I will call your 28.8% and raise you 10% more, so the pot is now at 38.8%.
Anyone else in the game want to raise or call?
I raised because I am white, but have four spades in my hand.
That, of course, means I am racist.

He's asking for a figure no one can supply. Not even you. This is pure supposition and bait. See Post #7.

I don't'get it, I've never been afraid of someone baiting me on this forum, maybe because I don't mind answering straightforward questions. In what way do you feel I'm baiting you?

The reason for this thread is that I read a story on LeBron James comparing NFL owners to slave owners and it reminded me of so many instances of a perceived injustice done to a minority described by someone like LeBron, with conviction, as unabated racism without any real proof, and I feel like many folks either a)believe most whites are inherently racist or b)use the race card as a way to bully or defeat opponents.

Last edited:
The same percentage as people of other races are ~ more or less.

So everyone believes an entire race is inferior to them?

Everyone is racist to varying degrees, even black people. In fact, some of the most racist people I have ever known were black. You're not being honest if you believe you have ever done anything that could be conceived as being racist.

Everyone is racist to varying degrees, even black people. In fact, some of the most racist people I have ever known were black. You're not being honest if you believe you have ever done anything that could be conceived as being racist.

There are cultural aspects of different races that I haven't liked, but I've never believed an entire race was inferior to me. For instance, how could I believe blacks are inferior to me when I can find many blacks that are so much smarter and better, including morally, than me? Just because you've been upset with certain people of a certain race doesn't make one a racist. You have to believe with reason that their race is inferior.

The posting rules require us to be super careful when discussing hot potatoes like this topic, so I am constrained from saying much.

I agree with those posters who have said or implied that this matter of so-called "racism" has more to do with culture than with "race."

May be everyone who thinks race is important and makes a big deal out of it? That includes the jockeys who scream "racist" every chance they get. Stop being so superficial.

I thought I knew everything about Eddie Van Halen but haven't heard this. What's the reason?

Interaction with Kurt Cobain and Pat Smear.

Portion of interview transcribed here.

Society is racist. All of it, globally. The vast majority of racist crap is said and done by non racist people. We've been socially engineered to believe racism for thousands of years. That doesn't just go away because of legislation. Racism is still part of America's soul. Maybe someday it will not be.

How many people wear hoods? Obviously very few. If only they committed racism, it wouldn't be a social problem.

He's asking for your estimate and why. It isn't a bait thread. It's an honest evaluation thread.

Honest evaluation thread? Come on now. First, you would have to personally know every single white person in the world to make any honest evaluation on a percentage and it would need to be set on how "white" you have to be to qualify to be included. I know many "white" people who are mixed races, do they count? If not, them what percentage of your DNA needs to be "white"? What specific ethnicities count as white?

Honest evaluation thread? Come on now. First, you would have to personally know every single white person in the world to make any honest evaluation on a percentage and it would need to be set on how "white" you have to be to qualify to be included. I know many "white" people who are mixed races, do they count? If not, them what percentage of your DNA needs to be "white"? What specific ethnicities count as white?

In order to know if people are racist you would have to be able to read minds so because that's impossible it would be illogical to assume that is what was being asked.

As far as what is white, if they are white people is go ahead and say they are white people.

What percentage of white people do you believe are racist and why? :popcorn2:

Please define the word racist as you use it here.

Is it the standard definition, or is it the new-fangled definition that is stating to be used?

Please define the word racist as you use it here.

Is it the standard definition, or is it the new-fangled definition that is stating to be used?

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/Submit
noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Interaction with Kurt Cobain and Pat Smear.

Portion of interview transcribed here.

Eddie lost his mind for a few years. He used to walk around in boots that we're so tattered that his toes would be sticking out and he had duct tape on them. His teeth were rotten too. So I'd put it off more to him being crazy than being racist, since this is the first I've heard of him being racist.

Eddie lost his mind for a few years. He used to walk around in boots that we're so tattered that his toes would be sticking out and he had duct tape on them. His teeth were rotten too. So I'd put it off more to him being crazy than being racist, since this is the first I've heard of him being racist.
So what you are saying is that you did not know that some folks think that?

Back
Top Bottom