• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What % of White People are Racist?

A noob didn't fact check.

Derp.

Read for comprehension next time.
:lamo And around and around we go.
Regurgitated nonsense.
It was already addressed.
The claim is not likely to be true.
You inability to understand that is clearly a comprehension issue.

Everyone is racist to varying degrees, even black people. In fact, some of the most racist people I have ever known were black. You're not being honest if you believe you have ever done anything that could be conceived as being racist.

I agree in the sense that racism is a kind generalization. Sexism is another kind of generalization. Same with anti-Semitism or homophobia.

Human beings tend to generalize. It comes natural to us because it's useful for survival. If you get bitten by some weird looking creature it's best assume that all such creatures will bite you.

Of course, it's the minority group that suffers most from racism.

I thought maybe looking at surveys of views on interracial marriage might give us an idea of what percentage of White people are racist:

Based on the survey 9% of Whites think interracial marriage is bad. So, we can say around 10% of Whites are probably racist.

But that survey found that 18% of Blacks feel interracial marriage is bad.

The interesting this is that people with college degrees only 4% thought interracial marriage is bad compared to 16% of those with high school or less.

So, the answer to the OP is that racism is more common among the poorly educated. And generally, anywhere between 10 and 20% of people of any race are racist.

Public views on intermarriage

Hopefully it did not take 91 posts before someone mentioned that we cant even begin without the definition.

I have not read this thread but from what I have seen it is lame.

I mentioned it in post #84 but got no response. Not exactly surprised as this is just a bait thread.

I mentioned it in post #84 but got no response. Not exactly surprised as this is just a bait thread.

WOW....if you are right that represents community failure.

America is way way way out of screwing around time.

It is time to decide to be better.

WOW....if you are right that represents community failure.

America is way way way out of screwing around time.

It is time to decide to be better.

Maybe you misunderstood. I also asked what the definition of racism that is being used was and nobody seems to be able to provide one. It's a completely pointless thread without it.

Eddie burned his own bridges. Doesn't change how I feel about the band though.

True story.
1982 Dallas Texas Reunion Arena
Michael pointed at me and threw me a pick which I promptly failed to catch.

They were in their prime then. That must've been either the Fair Warning or Diver Down tours, my two favorite albums. I didn't get to see them until their first tour with Sammy.

Define racist.

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/Submit
noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

A better question would be how many accept the words of Thomas Jefferson as truth?

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.”

It has been "addressed" by your handwaving....

IOW it has been ignored.
Wrong as usual.

How many more times are you gong to regurgitate your failed postings?

Are you on a schedule or timer or something?

They were in their prime then. That must've been either the Fair Warning or Diver Down tours, my two favorite albums. I didn't get to see them until their first tour with Sammy.
Hell yeah. It was an awesome show. Never saw them again.
It was the Hide Your Sheep Tour in support of Diver Down.

With Sammy? Just as awesome.

Back
Top Bottom