• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your profession?

Today when I was in orientation for a new trucking company another trucking company called to hire me. Trucking companies are hiring again this is a good sign.

That's very good news.

So did you turn to the guy interviewing you and be like "so this other company want to higher me right now at these wage and benefits, what are you offering?" :rofl

I've been a fan of Shadowrun for twenty years, but it's really only been Third and Fourth Editions where the rules could be said to be simple or easy to play. I really like what they've done with Fourth, adding Attributes to skill rolls, simplifying target numbers and thresholds, and removing the clunky damage codes.

Of course, they've also made it much more difficult to play my favorite character archetype, but they've made it up for it by making Technomancers so much more awesome.

The only game where I've cared for White Wolf's Storyteller system is their short run and much lamented Street Fighter licensed RPG.

I'm a hardcore ICE fanboy. I have the full run of HARP, Spacemaster, and both of the current versions of Rolemaster-- and I'm eagerly looking forward to the new revision of Rolemaster that's being developed now.

I know you can't give much detail about your current project, but what can you say about it? Just gimmy a taste :mrgreen:

That's very good news.

So did you turn to the guy interviewing you and be like "so this other company want to higher me right now at these wage and benefits, what are you offering?" :rofl

No I think this is the better company. I don't really want to pull tankers they go to Canada and that can be a hassel

Previously I was in the Army.

But I have been a Police Officer for the last 4 years.

I am a federal lobbyist.

I know you can't give much detail about your current project, but what can you say about it? Just gimmy a taste :mrgreen:

AfterWorlds is a supplement for the Guild Company's HARP Sci-Fi, which is based off of Iron Crown Enterprises' HARP-- a standalone game that's like a lighter, more streamlined Rolemaster. It provides rules for post-apocalyptic science-fiction gaming, including tons of new mutations and psionic powers. As a setting, it presents the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains along I-25 sixty years after a mutagenic virus pandemic and psychic uprising caused World War III.

The artwork comes courtesy of the incomparable Jeremy Raben:

AfterWorlds%20Cover%20Painting.jpg

I think several bonobo dolls have a different opinion :mrgreen:

In every life, some rain must fall. A few get thunderstorms. Every once in a while, a life may get a tornado. :2razz:

AfterWorlds is a supplement for the Guild Company's HARP Sci-Fi, which is based off of Iron Crown Enterprises' HARP-- a standalone game that's like a lighter, more streamlined Rolemaster. It provides rules for post-apocalyptic science-fiction gaming, including tons of new mutations and psionic powers. As a setting, it presents the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains along I-25 sixty years after a mutagenic virus pandemic and psychic uprising caused World War III.

The artwork comes courtesy of the incomparable Jeremy Raben:

AfterWorlds%20Cover%20Painting.jpg

That jackalope with the chainsaw is the ****. :lol:

I am a federal lobbyist.

For whom?

For whom? Im an International Relations student coming to the end of a year in Turkey, Probably going to spend the summer working on a farm somewhere in Europe.

Redeeming to see a couple other blue collar people here.

I assess and maintain the basic (wood) infrastructure of several utility companies.

It's not as glamorous as it sounds.

I assess and maintain the basic (wood) infrastructure of several utility companies.

Wood infrastructure?

That sounds glamorous? ;)

simply put I am in Sales, yet I feel my job has nothign to do with sales, rather ti has to to do with protecting my clients from making mistakes in their Real Estate deals
until the crash since 06, I never understod why my relatives went into ConEd/AmerAirlines/LIRR jobs.
now Iget it

Ah. Interesting side note - here in pittsburgh a lot of the infrastructure is absolutely ancient. Some water mains are still made of wood

I hope they don't ever send me up there, then. Old poles take more time. Plus, I hate big cities. No offense.

Back
Top Bottom