• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What happens if Kanye West polls 30% of blacks.

What if Kanye West polls 30 of the black vote?

• Won't matter. Biden wins in a walk.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The race gets close

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It tips the race to Trump

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Trumps's win increases to a landslide

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Purple Gorillas win

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
LOL. He's not getting 30% of the black vote in November
He probably won't, but the possibility is real enough for discussion.

Fair enough - you know the odds are zero.
A serious long-shot is not the same as zero chance.

He is literally mentally ill. He is bipolar and it's untreated. It's not a secret. His wife speaks about it.
Kim Kardashian West’s Vogue Cover: The Star on Becoming a Lawyer, Kanye West & Motherhood | Vogue
Read this if you want to understand him a little better. I liked this part:
Kanye West Says He’s Done With Trump—Opens Up About White House Bid, Damaging Biden And Everything In Between
You still claim he cannot think for himself.

I don't want to laugh because the man is sick, but the idea he's qualified to be President is absurd. It's not a joke to elect someone to be POTUS and you're treating it as one. Black voters will not do so. You're confusing them with MAGAs.
Once again, you are mixing terms. Qualified is different than more qualified than Biden. There are serious questions about Joe's mental fitness and he was not all that sharp in his prime.

No one voting for KW would seriously think he would be elected. The same was true of Jill Stein and Gary Johnson in 2016, but they totalled over 5.5 million votes. I really could see KW polling half of that. Even 2.5 Million votes matters a lot, because of the concentrations in places like Detroit, Cleveland, Miami, Philadelphia, suburban DC.

Kanye is officially running for President. It's doubtful he will top 10% of the vote, but he makes a viable protest vote for a central Democratic demographic. In 2008, Obama won the black vote 95-4. In 2012 it was 93-6. Clinton did not do as well, winning only 89-8. With roughly 30-35 million votes case, these represent net votes of over 25 million votes in all three elections. What happens if Kanye West attracts 8-10 million of those votes?

So pretty much, any black person who runs is going to get the black vote?

You want to bet a month of posting privileges on it? I have a lot more faith in black voters than to assume they're idiots who'd vote for a literally mentally ill rapper, who would be an obvious disaster as President, totally unfit in every possible way for the job, just because he's black. They are not idiots, and you're assuming they are, with the political intelligence of the average MAGA.

I kind of hope this kind of talk takes off, though. It's frankly offensive to believe it, but if the GOP wants to make this argument, do it. Every day I hope. Alternate that with the "Democrats are the REAL racists" ads! Should work great. Nothing like insulting the intelligence of a demographic to run them out of the GOP.

Hmm, so because Kanye is black, he should about 30% of the black vote. If Kanye does not get at least 30% then that proves black people cant get off the Democratic Plantation. That’s how the logic works.

Yes it does, and it's insulting.

Hey, let's run Larry the Cable Guy. What would happen if 30% of whites in the south voted for him instead of Trump? Southerners are a bunch of inbred morons, so it's likely maybe a third would vote for their favorite comedian!

This ranks right up there on the stupid scale with the argument we see about every day on DP - the Democrat party are the REAL racists!! Which means that 90% of blacks or so are too stupid to figure it out! The blacks should VOTE FOR REPUBLICANS!!

"The blacks..."? Is that a family name you forgot top capitalize? Do you know any black people?

I googled his music, IT SUCKED. He has no talent. Which lets be honest, EVEN if he spoke real nicelike, is not experience to run a country. Kanye is mentally ill. But likely less than the orange whackjob.

He doesn't need to get 30% of the black vote to make a difference. Pulling just 5-10% of the black vote away from Biden in some of the key swing states could end up winning the election for Trump.

His candidacy shows how little the GOP knows about the Black vote.

He's liable to draw the whacko vote away ftom Trump.

Exactly!! They know nothing. No black voter who is going to actually make it count is going to vote for Kanye West. The whole thing is stupid. He's delusional as Trump.

Kanye is officially running for President. It's doubtful he will top 10% of the vote,

Kanye will not get 1% of the vote.

It demonstrates that blacks realize just because they are black doesn't mean they vote Democrat. Just like Joe said, "You ain't black if you don't vote for me."

That's not what he said. He said " you aren't black if you vote for trump." Dumb comment but I understand the point he was trying to make. A black voting for trump would be akin to a jew voting for hitler. There were some jews that voted for hitler. How did that work out for them?

So who is kim kardasian voting for?

So pretty much, any black person who runs is going to get the black vote?
You said it. I didn't.

Why do you assume this? Do you have any evidence
It's an hypothetical question for purposes of discussion.

There are some facts in support. President Trump is polling over 30% among blacks. Kanye offers a way for blacks to vote for change without voting for Trump. It's plausible that percentage transfers.

Hmm, so because Kanye is black, he should about 30% of the black vote. If Kanye does not get at least 30% then that proves black people cant get off the Democratic Plantation. That’s how the logic works.
You continue making racist assumptions. Why is that?

It's unlikely that KW gets 30% of the black vote. The question is what would be the result if he did. It's called the Socratic method. Look it up.

Kanye will not get 1% of the vote.
That is entirely possible.

He probably won't, but the possibility is real enough for discussion.

A serious long-shot is not the same as zero chance.

OK, so it's a 0.0001% chance. Worth discussion!!

You still claim he cannot think for himself.

I didn't claim that or anything like it. I pointed out he's literally mentally ill, is bipolar, and doesn't take meds to control it. That is not someone you want to give the nuclear trigger to in a national crisis.

Once again, you are mixing terms. Qualified is different than more qualified than Biden. There are serious questions about Joe's mental fitness and he was not all that sharp in his prime.

No one voting for KW would seriously think he would be elected. The same was true of Jill Stein and Gary Johnson in 2016, but they totalled over 5.5 million votes. I really could see KW polling half of that. Even 2.5 Million votes matters a lot, because of the concentrations in places like Detroit, Cleveland, Miami, Philadelphia, suburban DC.

Anyone voting for Kanye is an idiot. I do not think there are enough out there to make a difference to anything. We'll see I guess, but his candidacy is more sad to me than anything. He's making a mockery of the process and a fool of himself, and he's not a well person.

"The blacks..."? Is that a family name you forgot top capitalize? Do you know any black people?

It was satire to make fun of the GOP arguments, which are offensive and assume that black voters are idiots who vote for the real racists, the Democrats, cause KKK, etc....

The "Democrat" (sic) party ought to have clued you in. I don't use that term because it's illiterate, there is no "Democrat" party, but every right winger has decided that being proudly illiterate is a good thing. I also do not assume 90% of black voters are too stupid to vote for the party that best represents their interests, but that's the GOP argument in a nutshell, nearly every day on DP.

OK, so it's a 0.0001% chance. Worth discussion!!
If you think it's that low, you would not be responding. One chance in twenty is worth considering. Polling 10% of the vote is worth considering.

I didn't claim that or anything like it. I pointed out he's literally mentally ill, is bipolar, and doesn't take meds to control it. That is not someone you want to give the nuclear trigger to in a national crisis.
Fair enough. He is still more qualified than Joe Biden.

Anyone voting for Kanye is an idiot.
With this I disagree. protest votes have their place and KW is a legitimate. We know he can do multiple things well.

I do not think there are enough out there to make a difference to anything.
This is another way to raise the same question. How much is enough? 5%? 10%? 20%? IF Kanye actually campaigns for it, I can see him getting 10% of the black vote.

We'll see I guess, but his candidacy is more sad to me than anything. He's making a mockery of the process and a fool of himself, and he's not a well person.
It depends on what he wants to accomplish. Do you think Kimberly Klacic running as a Republican in Baltimore is sad? She has about as much chance of winning as Kanye has of polling 2% in the general election.

That's not what he said. He said " you aren't black if you vote for trump." Dumb comment but I understand the point he was trying to make. A black voting for trump would be akin to a jew voting for hitler. There were some jews that voted for hitler. How did that work out for them?

Hyperbole aside, Biden black-splained he was taking the black vote for granted to a black social media host.

You said it. I didn't.

There are some facts in support. President Trump is polling over 30% among blacks. Kanye offers a way for blacks to vote for change without voting for Trump. It's plausible that percentage transfers.

It's unlikely that KW gets 30% of the black vote. The question is what would be the result if he did. It's called the Socratic method. Look it up.

If Kanye takes Trumps percentage I f the "black vote" as you suggest here, then that hurts Trump and helps Biden.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You said it. I didn't.

Then tell us why you haphazardly assume Kayne West is going to lock down 30% of the black vote without doing anything? It’s ridiculous of you to play the victim card in these circumstances, because your reasoning is obvious. lol

If Kanye takes Trumps percentage If the "black vote" as you suggest here, then that hurts Trump and helps Biden.
Not what was said, because 30% is more than three times what Trump got in 2016, which was up from the previous two elections.

Then tell us why you haphazardly assume Kayne West is going to lock down 30% of the black vote without doing anything? It’s ridiculous of you to play the victim card in these circumstances, because your reasoning is obvious. lol
It's called a hypothetical. Look them up.

Flip it around, if you like. If Biden/Harris only poll 70% of the black vote, can they win?

J

Not what was said, because 30% is more than three times what Trump got in 2016, which was up from the previous two elections.

Flip it around, if you like. If Biden/Harris only poll 70% of the black vote, can they win?

J

What has Kayne done to earn 30% of the black vote?

J
It is what you said.

"President Trump is polling over 30% among blacks. Kanye offers a way for blacks to vote for change without voting for Trump. It's plausible that percentage transfers."

So if it is less, it would most likely still just be those who may have voted for Trump.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

What has Kayne done to earn 30% of the black vote?
That is not the question. The question is what happens if he does?

Another question would be, what has Joe Biden done to earn the black vote, but that would be a different thread.

It is what you said. "President Trump is polling over 30% among blacks. Kanye offers a way for blacks to vote for change without voting for Trump. It's plausible that percentage transfers." So if it is less, it would most likely still just be those who may have voted for Trump.
As I also said, you can take it from the other side. What happens if Biden/Harris only poll 70% of the black vote?

Kanye is officially running for President. It's doubtful he will top 10% of the vote, but he makes a viable protest vote for a central Democratic demographic. In 2008, Obama won the black vote 95-4. In 2012 it was 93-6. Clinton did not do as well, winning only 89-8. With roughly 30-35 million votes case, these represent net votes of over 25 million votes in all three elections. What happens if Kanye West attracts 8-10 million of those votes?

I feel like this is just hopefulness by trumpers that kanye appeals to black. He doesn't. Just like herman cain before him.

Tell me,

How is Kanye West going to win 30% of the African American vote, when he currently only is the ballot in the states of Arkansas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Utah, and Vermont?

I feel like this is just hopefulness by trumpers that kanye appeals to black. He doesn't. Just like herman cain before him.
Hardly. Kanye West has much more street credit.

It won't matter for the over 50 voters, but younger demographics it might. Still, he would appeal more as a protest candidate than as a viable option.

Tell me, How is Kanye West going to win 30% of the African American vote, when he currently only is the ballot in the states of Arkansas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Utah, and Vermont?
One voter at a time.;)

He would have to commit to doing it, which he has not truly done yet. However, the ballot issue is easily solvable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom