• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you listening to? ver. 15.0

Vocal by Darlene Love (lead singer of The Blossoms and The Crystals). Music by Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band.
From the Home Alone 2: Lost In New York soundtrack.

All Alone on Christmas - Darlene Love

What a beautiful voice...

From the album Black Russian by Black Russian (1980)....

Leave Me Now - Leonid & Friends

From the album Chicago VII (1974)....

(I've Been) Searchin' So Long - Leonid & Friends

Lend Your Love to Me Tonight - Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Proudly posting Pat Metheny although he has no idea and could possibly sue.

^ remastered -----> is that politically correct these days?

Mother mother ocean, I have heard you call.

Took a slightly different trip down memory lane tonight and played this clip for a work buddy who is hanging up his viewfinder at age 83.
He's in much better physical condition that I've been in for the last ten years, that's for sure...he used to wear me to a frazzle when I worked for him back when this song was a big hit, but he'd never heard it.
He really liked it, said it reminded him a little of the music he grew up listening to.

^ I always said a good band needs a good horn section....you can quote me on that

Those were the days...

Live performance when Joe Cocker recorded The Letter for his Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour and album on March 17, 1970. Leon Russell and the Shelter People (from Delaney Bonnie and Friends) provided the backup. Later that year, Joe Cocker performed The Letter at the Fillmore East auditorium concert in New York City. The Letter reached #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1970. The Letter became Joe Cocker's first top ten single in the U.S. Watch Joe Cocker perform Leon Russell's Delta Lady in 1969: https://youtu.be/fJAXE4VEXQU Mad Dogs & Englishmen personnel is Joe Cocker, Don Preston, Leon Russell, Rita Coolidge, Donna Washburn, Claudia Lennear, Denny Cordell, Daniel Moore, Pamela Polland, Matthew Moore, Nicole Barclay, Bobby Jones - vocals, Don Preston - guitar, Carl Radle - bass, Chris Stainton - Hammond organ, Jim Gordon, Jim Keltner, Chuck Blackwell - drums, Chuck Blackwell, Sandy Konikoff, Bobby Torres - percussion, Leon Russell - piano, Jim Horn, Bobby Keys - saxophone and Jim Price - trumpet. Joe Cocker died in 2014; Leon Russell in 2016. The Letter was written by Wayne Carson and popularized by The Box Tops featuring vocalist Alex Chilton in 1967.

Good find Elora. My favorite Joe Cocker is when he was on SNL with John Belushi.

Back
Top Bottom