• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you listening to? ver. 15.0

Real country music is the naked truth. There's some great country out there, but the best country music is still in/from Texas.

Here's a fine example: Poor Man's Son

(warning: this song has excellent lyrics, Southern accents, twang, and a petal steel guitar)

From The Ides Of March album 'Vehicle'....

Vehicle - Leonid & Friends

From the Steely Dan album 'Countdown To Ecstasy'.....

My Old School - Leonid & Friends

Foo Fighters Rock Austin City Limits — 11/23/20 — celebrated with a silver anniversary salute — WTTW Chicago — public broadcasting

If you can find this album cover with the toilet visible, it is a collectors piece. The porcelain throne was quickly covered over after a limited first run at the Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria.

Go Where You Wanna Go - The Mamas & The Papas

The incomparable Justin Hayward @ age 75. Still has it. He posted a series on YouTube in 2020 and called it his Tuesday Afternoon Series. He has surrounded himself with amazing young talent.

Ironically this is only song in the series he didn't write. But he owns this "Forever Autumn" from Jeff Wayne's War of the World's.

Twelve Thirty

A metaphor, as John and Michele were living in a "marital canyon" while in NYC. Twelve Thirty is more about life as a music star while living in Laurel Canyon, Los Angeles

In the same vein, "Love Street" by the Doors is a poem by Morrison about his life with girlfriend Pamela Courson while they were living on Love Street in Laurel Canyon.

You Keep Me Hanging On - Vanilla Fudge

True story:
My older brother and I were in the car with my parents late 60's and one of us said something about the Vanilla Fudge. My mother overheard and said to us wait 'til we get home we have some ice cream in the freezer. We both burst out laughing. Parental units can be funny sometimes.

Nothing like having Led Zeppelin to back you up.

Too Hot To Last - Snarky Puppy · featuring Lucy Woodward

Back
Top Bottom