• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walking Dead Season 4!

I think it's on "play now" on Netflix, if you have it. If not, sign up, get two weeks free and watch it, then cancel. At least that way, you'll get a chance to see if you like it before you buy it. My daughter is a zombie flick nut, and she never watched it. I bought her Season 1 on DVD. She never got around to watching it, until she was on the road. She had a tablet, and I bought her a 3-month subscription to Netflix. Now she's hooked.

Thanks! Oh I know I'll like it because I watch it now. I just missed the first season.

I love, love, love this show. I do. I never miss it. I've seen every single episode, since the premiere on Halloween, 2010.

As much as I love it, though - it's not a show I can watch a second time. My daughter can. She's seen every episode, several times. I just can't, though, and that is odd because normally, if I really like a show, I can watch the same episodes, over and over.

I hadn't thought about that, but you're right.

In anticipation of the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad, my wife and I watched the whole series for the second time...and it was great!

I wonder why Walking Dead doesn't hold up...it's awesome to watch, after all.

. It's only six episodes long, but it really can explain why people who talk about certain characters pick sides and either love or hate those people.

So true. Personally, I couldn't stand Lorie, and I couldn't stand Andrea. But it's not a female character thing, because I like Maggie and Michonne.

I hadn't thought about that, but you're right.

In anticipation of the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad, my wife and I watched the whole series for the second time...and it was great!

I wonder why Walking Dead doesn't hold up...it's awesome to watch, after all.

I absolutely love The Killing, and I've never been able to watch it a second time. Well, with the exception of this past week's episode, I've never even wanted to. Doesn't make me like it any less. Maybe it's just so awesome that it sticks with you the right way, the first time.

I was getting annoyed when he kept seeing his wife everywhere and just roaming around outside the fence. That started to get old.

Yea, that was sort of a strange story element. It never really went any where either. One minute it looks like Rick's going crazy, and the next he seems to have just kind of forgotten about the whole thing.

Also, what in the heck was up with the Governor's apparent tea fetish in the first few episodes of season 3? Was that ever explained? I can't remember.

So true. Personally, I couldn't stand Lorie, and I couldn't stand Andrea. But it's not a female character thing, because I like Maggie and Michonne.

I honestly might've stopped watching if Andrea had hung around for much longer. :lol:

Yea, that was sort of a strange story element. It never really went any where either. One minute it looks like Rick's going crazy, and the next he seems to have just kind of forgotten about the whole thing.

Also, what in the heck was up with the Governor's apparent tea fetish in the first few episodes of season 3? Was that ever explained? I can't remember.

I don't know about the tea fetish. I can't really remember.

But about Rick freaking out plot not going anywhere, I agree. I wonder why they even did that? Maybe the actress who played the wife's contract wasn't quite expired yet. :lol:

I don't know about the tea fetish. I can't really remember.

They made a point of mentioning the tea in Woodbury a lot in the first couple of episodes, IIRC. There were several scenes where the Governor would suggest that people "try the tea" while welcoming new arrivals, and he even told his nerdy sidekick that he was glad he was around, at one point, because "no one else could make such great tea."

It was like they were trying to drop some kind of hint. I just can't seem to remember there being a satisfying punch line for any of it.

All I can figure is that it was maybe supposed to be a play on words based around the expression "drinking the kool aid." :shrug:

But about Rick freaking out plot not going anywhere, I agree. I wonder why they even did that? Maybe the actress who played the wife's contract wasn't quite expired yet. :lol:

Maybe. :lol:

We'll just have to wait and see if they reintroduce the concept in season 4.

I honestly might've stopped watching if Andrea had hung around for much longer. :lol:

The funny thing is that she reached her best, most likeable moments right before she died. So it was a win-win! :)

My wife started a new job where she works nights, so I've been watching a lot of TV shows...

Which has basically been nothing but self inflicted torture, because I ran through a bunch of TV shows and now am agonizingly waiting for them to relaunch.

Hurry up and get here Walking Dead season 4! And bring Game of Thrones season 4, Doctor Who season 8, Archer season 5, and the League season 5!

Gah, I'm impatient. It's not going to be any better when I finish up Breaking Bad and start wanting it too.

- - - - - - -

I don't think there was any pay off in terms of the tea. Maybe since the Actor of the Governor (who was also the Doctor that wasn't) is British it was a tongue in cheek subtle reference to drinking the koolaid?

It was like they were trying to drop some kind of hint. I just can't seem to remember there being a satisfying punch line for any of it.

All I can figure is that it was maybe supposed to be a play on words based around the expression "drinking the kool aid." :shrug:

:) Well done! I'm going to assume that's the case, even if it isn't.

Is anybody else butthurt that they didn't give closure to Lori's death? I certainly am. I've heard "she was in the walker's belly" 'til I'm blue in the face, but I don't buy it. She was too hated to have been let go so easily. I swear, I kept expecting to see her come back as a walker last season. I feel like that was a huge plot hole. Carl comes out, all shifty, and says, "I shot her," but you don't see it happen, and Carl's eyes told a totally different story.

They made a point of mentioning the tea in Woodbury a lot in the first couple of episodes, IIRC. There were several scenes where the Governor would suggest that people "try the tea" while welcoming new arrivals, and he even told his nerdy sidekick that he was glad he was around, at one point, because "no one else could make such great tea."

Maybe. :lol:

We'll just have to wait and see if they reintroduce the concept in season 4.

The concept of Lori? I hope not. :mrgreen: She was annoying.

I love Michonne. I do. I was pretty upset last season when I thought Rick was going to give her up to the Guv'ner.

Michone is my favorite too. I think she's the smartest one, and I love it when she kills zombies with her swords! :mrgreen:

Is anybody else butthurt that they didn't give closure to Lori's death? I certainly am. I've heard "she was in the walker's belly" 'til I'm blue in the face, but I don't buy it. She was too hated to have been let go so easily. I swear, I kept expecting to see her come back as a walker last season. I feel like that was a huge plot hole. Carl comes out, all shifty, and says, "I shot her," but you don't see it happen, and Carl's eyes told a totally different story.

Blah, let's hope not.

I actually started to like Andrea towards the end. She was actually starting to use her head for once in a good way. I didn't like her at first though. I only started to like her when she was staying with the governor in the town though.

My wife started a new job where she works nights, so I've been watching a lot of TV shows...

Which has basically been nothing but self inflicted torture, because I ran through a bunch of TV shows and now am agonizingly waiting for them to relaunch.

Hurry up and get here Walking Dead season 4! And bring Game of Thrones season 4, Doctor Who season 8, Archer season 5, and the League season 5!

Gah, I'm impatient. It's not going to be any better when I finish up Breaking Bad and start wanting it too.

- - - - - - -

I don't think there was any pay off in terms of the tea. Maybe since the Actor of the Governor (who was also the Doctor that wasn't) is British it was a tongue in cheek subtle reference to drinking the koolaid?

Archer season 5! Yeah, more Archer. I watch the previous seasons all the time when I need a humor pick me up. Holy ****snacks!

The concept of Lori? I hope not. :mrgreen: She was annoying.

You're probably right. Let's cut our losses here and take it as a win that they killed her off at all. :lol:

:) Well done! I'm going to assume that's the case, even if it isn't.

Doesn't Michone even refer to him as being a "Jim Jones type" at one point too?

Well, damn... I might've unintentionally just hit the nail right on the head here. :2razz:

You're probably right. Let's cut our losses here and take it as a win that they killed her off at all. :lol:

Doesn't Michone even refer to him as being a "Jim Jones type" at one point too?

Well, damn... I might've unintentionally just hit the nail right on the head here. :2razz:

Yeah, but he ended up shooting all the townspeople, not making them drink Kool Aid. What about the governor, he's pretty impossible to kill huh? :2razz: I couldn't believe he got away from all those zombies last season.

Yeah, but he ended up shooting all the townspeople, not making them drink Kool Aid. What about the governor, he's pretty impossible to kill huh? :2razz: I couldn't believe he got away from all those zombies last season.

I've kind of got to call B.S. on that shooting scene. According to the show, Woodbury has a population of around seventy. Even accounting for the people they lost to Rick's group and the handful of people they left behind when they attacked the prison, there still had to be at least fifty people with the Governor's convoy.

He is still somehow able to mow them all down in under ten seconds without ever needing to stop and reload or even really aim in spite of this fact. I'm sorry, but there isn't a rifle in existence with a magazine large enough to allow someone to do that. :lol:

Still though, love or hate the guy, it's kind of hard to deny that the Governor's pretty much a "Grade A" certifiable bad ass at this point in the series. I especially loved the Jason Vorhees style off screen teleportation move he used to capture Andrea.

The man's not only capable of fighting off an entire room full of zombies with his bare hands, but he's apparently in decent enough shape to be able to silently sprint like a friggin' ninja Kenyan after (and actually catch) a woman with a significant head start in the battle's afterglow.

Dude's a damn beast. :lamo

Last edited:
I've kind of got to call B.S. on that shooting scene. According to the show, Woodbury has a population of around seventy. Even accounting for the people they lost to Rick's group and the handful of people they left behind when they attacked the prison, there still had to be at least fifty people with the Governor's convoy.

He is still somehow able to mow them all down in under ten seconds without ever needing to stop and reload or even really aim in spite of this fact. I'm sorry, but there isn't a rifle in existence with a magazine large enough to allow someone to do that. :lol:

Still though, love or hate the guy, it's kind of hard to deny that the Governor's pretty much a "Grade A"certifiable bad ass at this point in the series. I especially loved the Jason Vorhees style off screen teleportation move he used to capture Andrea.

The man's not only capable of fighting off an entire room full of zombies with his bare hands, but he's apparently in decent enough shape to be able to silently sprint like a friggin' ninja Kenyan after (and actually catch) a woman with a significant head start in the afterglow.

Dude's a damn beast. :lamo

:rofl That's so true. He's invincible I think! He was covered in zombies and he didn't even get bit one time. :lamo If he turns into a zombie, he'll be a super zombie with super zombie powers.

:rofl That's so true. He's invincible I think! He was covered in zombies and he didn't even get bit one time. :lamo If he turns into a zombie, he'll be a super zombie with super zombie powers.

Speaking of which, this commercial was awesome. :mrgreen:

Very excited. Though not that mad it's still 3 months away, Dexter, and Covert Affairs just started, and Breaking Bad starts back in a few weeks. Got enough TV shows to keep up with right now :lol:

Very excited. Though not that mad it's still 3 months away, Dexter, and Covert Affairs just started, and Breaking Bad starts back in a few weeks. Got enough TV shows to keep up with right now :lol:

Dexter is another show that sounds interesting that I haven't watched. That's on HBO though isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom