• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Walking Dead Season 4!

I absolutely love Kevin Spacey, and have planned on watching House of Cards also. I've thought about Turn as well - let me know what you think, marduc.

I just saw there was a thread for "Turn", I am not going to read it until I watch the pilot myself though.

Since the discussion here took a turn now that there is no Walking Dead to consume I started a new thread, I figured it deserved a thread of its own:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/art-and-entertainment/190697-shows-you-watching-and-do-you-recommend-thread.html

It seems as if we are in a golden ago for televised series right now. I went a very long time without bothering to watch anything on TV (other than Discovery/Sci channel, Nat Geo and the like - which incidentally are all going downhill IMO). For about a decade or so the offering of shows just all seemed like uncompelling crap, but the last few years this has seemed to have changed and there is a bunch of excellent material to consume.

Here is what I have been watching or am watching of late (aside from The Walking Dead) - all of which I find to be very entertaining:

Game of Thrones (the best of the best IMO)
Black Sails
Vikings
House of Cards
and a smattering of Spartacus here and there (good but not as compelling as the others)

I have not checked it out yet, but I also downloaded the pilot episode for AMC's new series "Turn". Since they had such a great track record with both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead I figured I better see if their latest offering is on par.

It all started with Rome (i.e. Game of Thrones' pre-game party, basically :lol: ) and the new Battlestar Galactica series for me. Both of those shows were amazing.

It's just a shame that the former only lasted two seasons, and that the latter kind of lost its mind a bit in its last season.

The trend itself probably started with the Sopranos, Oz, and shows like Nip Tuck and Rescue Me. I never really watched any of those though. lol

It all started with Rome (i.e. Game of Thrones' pre-game party, basically :lol: ) and the new Battlestar Galactica series for me. Both of those shows were amazing.

It's just a shame that the former only lasted two seasons, and that the latter kind of lost its mind a bit in its last season.

The trend itself probably started with the Sopranos, Oz, and shows like Nip Tuck and Rescue Me. I never really watched any of those though. lol

To keep it going, the shows I watch around the year are: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ray Donovan, Falling Skies, and Revolution. Oh, and recently, Believe.
I also gave The 100 three chances, and they're out.

To keep it going, the shows I watch around the year are: Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Ray Donovan, Falling Skies, and Revolution. Oh, and recently, Believe.
I also gave The 100 three chances, and they're out.

I absolutely love Ray Donovan, and can't wait for it to come back. I haven't watched The 100 tonight but the first episodes were a little slow. Good premise, but it's not delivering.

I absolutely love Ray Donovan, and can't wait for it to come back. I haven't watched The 100 tonight but the first episodes were a little slow. Good premise, but it's not delivering.

Liev Schrieber blows me away as an actor. I'm so glad I stumbled across that show.

Relating to The 100, I want SO bad for it to be a good show simply because it's a great premise, but I find myself annoyed at the idiocy and repetition of the ideas in the show.

Liev Schrieber blows me away as an actor. I'm so glad I stumbled across that show.

Me, too. I love the whole crew. Love Bunchy, love Terry. I even love his Dad. He's such a ginormous dick in that show, but he adds a lot with his character.

Relating to The 100, I want SO bad for it to be a good show simply because it's a great premise, but I find myself annoyed at the idiocy and repetition of the ideas in the show.

Yeah. Thing I told my husband is that I am usually a pretty decent barometer when it comes to what sticks around and what doesn't. If I watch a few episodes and it bores me, it'll usually end up tanking. I'm running about 95% accuracy. :lol: I'm watching Believe, Resurrection and The 100. All new mid-season shows. They are all a little too slow for my taste. Just too much on right now that is really good, to watch something that just isn't. If you have something for several days on your DVR and don't bother watching it, then it's just not that interesting to you.

The Walking Dead should add Jessie Pinkman to the cast.

1f.jpg

Season 2 Merle's stash Daryl went through:

1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Last edited:

For me it was Dexter. LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. :lol: Granted, it ended kind of bad, but I really enjoyed every season before the last one.

I have about 6 or 7 shows I watch on a regular basis and it's getting to point where it's hard to keep up. :lol: Good thing they're all kind of spread out over the year.

Back
Top Bottom