• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:468)[W:205]Three white men convicted of murdering Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

All I know of you is what I’ve read in this thread. While everyone else was expressing satisfaction with the verdict, you preferred to threaten a race war and cry about liberals seeing racism where it doesn't exist. Your words have revealed yourself, rather tellingly.
Gotcha!

So wait, does systemic racism require a conspiracy as well?

You just said systemic racism is when blacks are marginalized and treated differently by a system because of their skin color. Like in the banking system when they are refused loans that would be given to whites.

Isn't the judicial system a system as well? Do really think that Arbery and his family were not marginalized and treated differently by the judicial system?

If three black men murdered a white man under the same circumstances, don't you think the course of events would have been different?
So, was the Rittenhouse trial about reverse systemic racism then?

Hundreds of people don't have to be involved. You are the one who doesn't know what the term means. A blatant example of systemic racism in this case is the way the police handled the situation -- which involved a former officer -- and embodies the Blue Code of Silence. The police did not secure the scene of Arbery's murder, did not cuff the 3 men involved. You can google the video if you are in doubt. Institutional racism existed in the DA's office and it was shamefully displayed by the defense attorneys.

From Wikipedia:
Institutional racism
, also known as systemic racism, is a term that refers to a form of racism that is embedded in the laws and regulations of a society or an organization. It manifests as discrimination in areas such as criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, education, and political representation.[1]

The term institutional racism was first coined in 1967 by Stokely Carmichael and Charles V. Hamilton in Black Power: The Politics of Liberation.[2] Carmichael and Hamilton wrote in 1967 that while individual racism is often identifiable because of its overt nature, institutional racism is less perceptible because of its "less overt, far more subtle" nature. Institutional racism "originates in the operation of established and respected forces in the society, and thus receives far less public condemnation than [individual racism]".[3]

Institutional racism was defined by Sir William Macpherson in the UK's Lawrence report (1999) as: "The collective failure of an organization to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour that amount to discrimination through prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness, and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people."[4][5]
That is cray-cray

Uh yeah. When the police arrive at a scene where there’s a dead black guy and some white guys with a shotgun and Confederate licence plates and they do nothing? And the DA knows one of the guys so also does nothing? That’s systemic racism.
An unarmed, empty-handed dead black guy.

I honestly don't think it would have. At least not the severest charges. It had literally been tossed in the file and life carried on. At least in that neck of the woods. But there was enough pressure from the outside that G McMichael (in his stupid ignorance) honestly thought that the video put put Travis (and them) in the positive light.
Me i am of the Ivory soap guarantee, 99 44/100ths sure it would not have
Some links you may find interesting
African American fear of the police is well founded
A topic I would hope some member brings forwards in perhaps Law & Order - clear miscarriages of justice, police to DA's/Prosecutors

I looked for the original local article where that story was published, but I haven't been able to find it again.
I remember it too.

So, was the Rittenhouse trial about reverse systemic racism then?
So you agree that Arbery and his family were victims of systemic racism. Good for you.

If you are interested in discussing Rittenhouse as a victim of reverse systemic racism, WTF that is, you should start a thread about it.

Not much of rebuttal. You’ve allowed your emotions to get the better of you. Good luck in November, hope you won’t start that race war if the election doesn’t go your way again.
You wont get much from him unless you can get him to define systemic racism first or at least agree to a definition. Good luck.

Uh yeah. When the police arrive at a scene where there’s a dead black guy and some white guys with a shotgun and Confederate licence plates and they do nothing? And the DA knows one of the guys so also does nothing? That’s systemic racism.
And we haven't yet mentioned what a failure this is for "the good guys with guns" who are supposed to protect us from the bad guys with guns.

Why anyone wouldn't have them on their iggy blows my mind.
I'm fascinated by the deep and swift river of denial that informs people's point of view, or maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment :)

Shouldn't have happened to anyone, regardless of color, and the perpetrators must be held accountable, regardless of color. Color nazis are such hypocrites.

And we haven't yet mentioned what a failure this is for "the good guys with guns" who are supposed to protect us from the bad guys with guns.
Unbelievable stuff I am reading but little wonder why America is so divided when white lobbies imagine they are the heroes of black peoples. Must make them feel like a savior and well, holier than thou.

The death penalty provides justification for the rationalization of murder. It's counter-productive.
I agree but I cannot see Georgia or Texas ever giving it up. Especially now that I see abortion has been banned in Texas and the Voting Rights Act will not be restored.

I looked for the original local article where that story was published, but I haven't been able to find it again.
Did a number of searches and cannot find anything
I think this would be in the docs the GBI has in their possession

Cannot find a link with police having the video leaked on 5 May

To me, without the pile of additional evidence provided, the video alone was not especially damning. It could be viewed either way because a good part of the shooting and struggle was blocked by the truck. Arbery did clearly attack Travis McMichael but what is missing from the video is the context. Arbery had every right to defend himself in whatever way he could from McM at that point.

Context is everything.
Yeah having a gun in your face is at the top of the list - IMHO he knew he was being hunted, and wanted out alive. He did not confront any of them in any way as to appear to be a threat, as they chased him like the bunch of racists assholes, and they met that standard

Unbelievable stuff I am reading but little wonder why America is so divided when white lobbies imagine they are the heroes of black peoples. Must make them feel like a savior and well, holier than thou.
Bahaahaaa, Well, someone has to balance the effects of all those white nationalist groups who feel they are the saviors of the white race. Talk about holier than thou, sheesh.

Pretty good evidence that when it’s actually self defense you will be found not guilty and when it is not you won’t.
Exactly as it should be.

Gee. I thought America was a racist country and these guys were gonna get off. What happened?
Yes, we just had multiple leftist talking heads telling us of the racist verdict in the Rittenhouse case. It was all set up to let the white people go, because that is the way the system is set up to work. Of course, we knew they were fools already, this just hammers it home.

Heard this when I was much younger and yes, Georgia was the State.

White man driving, stormy rainy, bad driving weather and bang an accident
Hit 2 black men. Both alive
1 in the ditch, 1 thru the windshield
Police arrive on scene.
Driver is emotional as they should be.
Police inform the driver, no concerns here
The N in the ditch we charge with leaving the scene of an accident, and that N thru the windshield, charge him with breaking & entering

The question I ask not from you, but from the right, what does it take to realize their is a massive problem?

I am not throwing crap at US from up North

When does it sink in that many race related issues need to be addressed

As to what I posted about the police, we have seen that attitude from Police to DA's/Prosecutors is deeply ingrained in their decisions to investigate, and I add properly as far to often they do not.

Bubba was gonna get his ass kicked. He and daddy made sure they didn't die. Victim was shot more than once.

Heard this when I was much younger and yes, Georgia was the State.

White man driving, stormy rainy, bad driving weather and bang an accident
Hit 2 black men. Both alive
1 in the ditch, 1 thru the windshield
Police arrive on scene.
Driver is emotional as they should be.
Police inform the driver, no concerns here
The N in the ditch we charge with leaving the scene of an accident, and that N thru the windshield, charge him with breaking & entering

The question I ask not from you, but from the right, what does it take to realize their is a massive problem?

I am not throwing crap at US from up North

When does it sink in that many race related issues need to be addressed

As to what I posted about the police, we have seen that attitude from Police to DA's/Prosecutors is deeply ingrained in their decisions to investigate, and I add properly as far to often they do not.
This is literally what BLM is all about.

Back
Top Bottom