• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:468)[W:205]Three white men convicted of murdering Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

LOL
When was the last time, you can recall such a national trial of self defense?
The last time I recall was in 1984 involving Bernhard Goetz. Except for the gun charge, he was found not guilty.
We can expect more of this- -LOL

There is no one that would like to be in Rittenhouse's shoes. I have concealed carry permit good for 37 states. You would have to think twice now a days before pulling the trigger. A white guy pulls the trigger and he is labeled a racist and white supremacist before the investigation. That is what the left does. The left feels you have to be shot first before you should defend yourself.
bullshit

lol...not like the Right wants black people and other minorities dead. Proof of that is in the pudding.

"pudding" - That's what I call it too!

Alt-left smash-and-grab pudding, riot pudding, Molotov cocktail pudding, homeless sidewalk poop pudding, layabout opium pudding, Obama phone pudding, inflation pudding, border crisis pudding, Kamala ain't doing shit pudding.

The left makes a lot of pudding.

I hadn't seen this until today. Roddie thinks jail is oppressive.

LOL
The last time I recall was in 1984 involving Bernhard Goetz. Except for the gun charge, he was found not guilty.

There is no one that would like to be in Rittenhouse's shoes. I have concealed carry permit good for 37 states. You would have to think twice now a days before pulling the trigger. A white guy pulls the trigger and he is labeled a racist and white supremacist before the investigation. That is what the left does. The left feels you have to be shot first before you should defend yourself.

I see.

So it’s OK to take your illegally gained AR-15 to go to a riot in another state and shoot people.

But the real crime is that that person might be labeled a racist.

Got it.

I hadn't seen this until today. Roddie thinks jail is oppressive.

I just happened upon that earlier myself. No real sunlight except what he can see through the little window in his cell door at the skylight in the pod. Eats in his cell, showers can be at any given time including 2am.

Shoulda stayed on the porch Roddie!!!

I also worry about some lunatic getting elected as governor (or President if federal conviction) giving a pardon.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe this case deserves the death penalty (LWOP, sure, decades behind bars, absolutely), but what if there was a sympathetic governor to an unrepentant serial killer, someone who felt that perhaps killing 80, 100, 200 sexual predators or just gays was fine and shouldn't keep someone behind bars even if they threatened to kill again if released?
That is an excellent point that I had not thought of.

Yes and she has remarried and has children. Disgusting, eh?

Very much so. That was one of the nastiest true crime stories I've heard.

I can help you with that. I thought he just witnessed and recorded it too -- nope.

Great! Thank you! I have it on my watch list - plan to get to it this week :)

Alt-left smash-and-grab pudding, riot pudding, Molotov cocktail pudding, homeless sidewalk poop pudding, layabout opium pudding, Obama phone pudding, inflation pudding, border crisis pudding, Kamala ain't doing shit pudding.

What a magnificently unhinged rant.

I give it 4 out of a possible 5 MAGAs.

😄

LOL

Er you should think twice before pulling the trigger.

yeah it's called evidence. Usually required for charges or convictions
And who provided the video evidence? Why, it was one of the defendants! Why would he do such a thing? Because, he believed the killing was totally justified and the video would prove him correct. After all, he simply explained the event to the local authorities and they released him and his friends without charges.

Alas, the jury of his peers disagreed and they convicted him and the others of murder.

In retrospect, I'll bet he wishes he had destroyed the video instead of making it public.

The example I was given that if during a bank robbery, one of the robbers shoots someone, the getaway driver is also chargeable with felony murder.
And even if one of the robbers is killed, the others can be charged with felony murder. They conspired to commit a felony in which someone died. That is felony murder.

Love all the people talking about how the American legal system works.

Like it didn't take a literal video leak for Arbery's case to make it to court in the first place.

Like the police didn't side with the murderers from day one and called it a day within a few hours of Arbery being killed.

Some of you are see through, and I am very happy you are letting everyone know.
Here's the perfect song for the events:

And who provided the video evidence? Why, it was one of the defendants! Why would he do such a thing? Because, he believed the killing was totally justified and the video would prove him correct. After all, he simply explained the event to the local authorities and they released him and his friends without charges.

Alas, the jury of his peers disagreed and they convicted him and the others of murder.

In retrospect, I'll bet he wishes he had destroyed the video instead of making it public.
i'm sure he does. They possibly could have gotten a conviction without it, but the tape sealed the deal.

I see.

So it’s OK to take your illegally gained AR-15 to go to a riot in another state and shoot people.

But the real crime is that that person might be labeled a racist.

Got it.

No. The real crime is to misuse the "citizen arrest" law when one has no first hand knowledge that the person you are chasing commited a crime.

lol...not like the Right wants black people and other minorities dead. Proof of that is in the pudding.
Man NOTHING gets by you.And It's all brown skin people, not just blacks . You are right on top of that.
Except ,as a minor pointy of correction. There a a few Uncle ( of Aunt ) Tom's we would let off the hook. Clarence Thomas, Larry Elder,Winsome Sears, Candace Owens,Tim Scott.
#WOKE!

I think at the time Roddie probably was thinking that the McMichaels had actually caught Arbery commiting a crime and was wanting to help with at least capturing video of him so police could have something better than the black and white from 220.

I guess he figured somewhat right when he was just sent back to keep working on his porch after the fact. And the McMichaels we're told, no problem, y'all head on home, we're done.

But Greg got the brilliant idea to try and clear Travis' name once and for all, so now their future is a jail cell for life.

What a magnificently unhinged rant.

I give it 4 out of a possible 5 MAGAs.

😄
The only reason that the word "pudding" should be addressed here is to correct the almost always misquoted saying, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating". It makes no sense to say that "the proof" is in the pudding. The saying means that the quality of the pudding, its worth, is determined only when it is finally eaten.

I can help you with that. I thought he just witnessed and recorded it too -- nope.

Thank you Josie. It explains the situation. He redirected him up towards his eventual murderers and missed hitting him three or four times. What most of us saw was simply him watching it unfold, not what led up to him being on that road. Changes the entire situation.

Thank you! :)

Found guilty of murder, facing federal hate crime charges as well. I don't think they'll be getting out. Kid might in his old age, but I hope not.

In fed prison, time off for good behavior is only 15% at most, vs up to 50% in state prison. State prison, though, is considerably less comfy and more dangerous. They could be held separate from the general prison pop. They're in a fairly comfy county jail now, awaiting sentencing. I just hope they have a top quality suicide watch on them. Jails and prisons have a poor record on suicides of high-profile inmates.

In fed prison, time off for good behavior is only 15% at most, vs up to 50% in state prison. State prison, though, is considerably less comfy and more dangerous. They could be held separate from the general prison pop. They're in a fairly comfy county jail now, awaiting sentencing. I just hope they have a top quality suicide watch on them. Jails and prisons have a poor record on suicides of high-profile inmates.

I may be in the minority but I don't care if murderers kill themselves. My opinion is give them the option.

Well, I have a feeling until their trials are all over they will be kept separate and not allowed to communicate. At least, I've seen that ordered for inmates if they were involved in the same case awaiting trial. At this point, it probably doesn't matter if they talk or not. They had two months to perfect their stories before they were ever arrested.

I can feel some empathy for the old McMichael, though. Never again to sleep in his own bed next to his wife, fire up the grill and have a few beers, smell the new mown grass on a warm spring day, go fishing in his boat, see the excitement on his grandson's face as he opens that special Christmas present....

The man is going to die in prison. It's bad enough, I think.
AVvXsEjtnviFOA2dZJBJz4j7qWnngSec2G0lw-mcaquxl1u5c2GYCvPOMh7lTaS4lwCIA6lLRNazFBU0tAEW_4ec-mzq_n3pmjYuSdLCJ4zV3ymCro__7x3pEs4Ib5Q19BO0pquJNggT4bRRjQF6FNx0B2JMmT-uyyTSahhM6iOXxhorhRbWsof--w

I may be in the minority but I don't care if murderers kill themselves. My opinion is give them the option.

Innocent until proven guilty.

If I personally believe someone guilty, killing themselves is getting away from justice.

Back
Top Bottom