• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(W:468)[W:205]Three white men convicted of murdering Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

Not much of rebuttal. You’ve allowed your emotions to get the better of you. Good luck in November, hope you won’t start that race war if the election doesn’t go your way again.
No luck needed when you guys already took a beating a few weeks back, with your Dems resih=gning and deciding not to run, and Mr. Senile with an approval rating of 5%/

No luck needed when you guys already took a beating a few weeks back, with your Dems resih=gning and deciding not to run, and Mr. Senile with an approval rating of 5%/
Yeah, we’ll see. Anyway, back to the topic. Tell me, how relieved were you that these racist murderers didn’t escape justice?

Define systemic racism.
When most of the time, blacks are provably convicted of crimes they didn't commit, are denied jobs when they have higher scores and/or credentials, are denied loans when their FICA scores are as good or better than white people, etc. You get the drift? It is not a small town of a handful of people deciding not to file charges. Otherwise, there was definitely racism against Rittenhouse, and using your same criteria, IO can call it systemic because several people were involved, including the FBI who illegally spied on citizens and the prosecutor who had a HD drone film and sent a 3 MD video to the defense and with-held other exculpatory evidence.

Yeah, we’ll see. Anyway, back to the topic. Tell me, how relieved were you that these racist murderers didn’t escape justice?
I haven't said that. They got what they deserved. They deserve to be hung. I bet that chafes you that I think that, don't it. Destroys your narrative.

A murder resulted from the felonies he committed, including false imprisonment. That's what felony murder means.
IT has been years, but there were cases where fellow bank robbers were given the death sentence when a bank guard or a police officer shot one of their co-conspirators

IT has been years, but there were cases where fellow bank robbers were given the death sentence when a bank guard or a police officer shot one of their co-conspirators
I seem to recall reading about that way back when

I haven't said that. They got what they deserved. They deserve to be hung. I bet that chafes you that I think that, don't it. Destroys your narrative.
Good for you. It only took 20 posts of whining about CRT, Biden, the upcoming race war, racism denial and the Christmas parade psycho for you to join the rest of us in relief that these guys finally faced justice.

When most of the time, blacks are provably convicted of crimes they didn't commit, are denied jobs when they have higher scores and/or credentials, are denied loans when their FICA scores are as good or better than white people, etc. You get the drift? It is not a small town of a handful of people deciding not to file charges.

This case was passed along to DAs all over the state. A black guy gets murdered by some white guys and another group of white guys, from the judicial SYSTEM, ignore the murder. But, it's not systemic racism. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I think the first time I heard of something like that (though not the death sentence) was when a guy was trying to break into a woman's home because he knew her "much older" husband had died and he wanted to steal the drugs he thought we in the home. He had a hunting knife. The woman ended up shooting and killing the him. Next thing his buddy who had been there with him, (but said he wasn't trying to break in) was charged with first degree murder, which then dropped to burglary and he got a 10 year suspended sentence.

Lol self defense..

Good riddance to this trash.
I am utterly shocked and absolutely happy to have been shocked at this.

Would it have happened, guilty without video?

I don’t think so. Can’t remember who, but someone said around the time of the Floyd video that these incidents aren’t becoming more widespread, just that we’re only now filming them. Arbery’s mother was told by police that he was killed in the midst of a burglary. Sobering to think how many similar incidents must have occurred over the decades.

If there wasn't the video the case wouldn't even have gone to trial.

Good for you. It only took 20 posts of whining about CRT, Biden, the upcoming race war, racism denial and the Christmas parade psycho for you to join the rest of us in relief that these guys finally faced justice.
You don't know me. The real racists are the liberals IMHO. They demean blacks with their condescension and thinking they need the help of elitist liberals.

This case was passed along to DAs all over the state. A black guy gets murdered by some white guys and another group of white guys, from the judicial SYSTEM, ignore the murder. But, it's not systemic racism. :rolleyes:
A handful of people, as I said. Unless you have proof that hundreds of people were in on this big conspiracy, it is NPOT systemic racism. You folks don't know what the term means.

If there wasn't the video the case wouldn't even have gone to trial.
True and I thought the Police.Prosecutors did not have the leaked video
Add them in as well for trying to dead file this case

You don't know me. The real racists are the liberals IMHO. They demean blacks with their condescension and thinking they need the help of elitist liberals.
All I know of you is what I’ve read in this thread. While everyone else was expressing satisfaction with the verdict, you preferred to threaten a race war and cry about liberals seeing racism where it doesn't exist. Your words have revealed yourself, rather tellingly.

The worst part of all of this is that they would have gotten away with it but they recorded their own crime and then gave it to law enforcement.
Even after that they would have gotten away with it if the video had not been leaked. Now burn down the corrupt cops and prosecutors would wanted to bury this.

I honestly don't think it would have. At least not the severest charges. It had literally been tossed in the file and life carried on. At least in that neck of the woods. But there was enough pressure from the outside that G McMichael (in his stupid ignorance) honestly thought that the video put put Travis (and them) in the positive light.

A handful of people, as I said. Unless you have proof that hundreds of people were in on this big conspiracy, it is NPOT systemic racism. You folks don't know what the term means.
So wait, does systemic racism require a conspiracy as well?

You just said systemic racism is when blacks are marginalized and treated differently by a system because of their skin color. Like in the banking system when they are refused loans that would be given to whites.

Isn't the judicial system a system as well? Do really think that Arbery and his family were not marginalized and treated differently by the judicial system?

If three black men murdered a white man under the same circumstances, don't you think the course of events would have been different?

Hundreds of people don't have to be involved. You are the one who doesn't know what the term means. A blatant example of systemic racism in this case is the way the police handled the situation -- which involved a former officer -- and embodies the Blue Code of Silence. The police did not secure the scene of Arbery's murder, did not cuff the 3 men involved. You can google the video if you are in doubt. Institutional racism existed in the DA's office and it was shamefully displayed by the defense attorneys.

From Wikipedia:
Institutional racism
, also known as systemic racism, is a term that refers to a form of racism that is embedded in the laws and regulations of a society or an organization. It manifests as discrimination in areas such as criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, education, and political representation.[1]

The term institutional racism was first coined in 1967 by Stokely Carmichael and Charles V. Hamilton in Black Power: The Politics of Liberation.[2] Carmichael and Hamilton wrote in 1967 that while individual racism is often identifiable because of its overt nature, institutional racism is less perceptible because of its "less overt, far more subtle" nature. Institutional racism "originates in the operation of established and respected forces in the society, and thus receives far less public condemnation than [individual racism]".[3]

Institutional racism was defined by Sir William Macpherson in the UK's Lawrence report (1999) as: "The collective failure of an organization to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour that amount to discrimination through prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness, and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people."[4][5]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom