• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4]Are the Jewish Israelis eventually going to push all of the Palestinians out?

Yes well that's my point. All of those are housing units built within already existing settlements as is stated in your links.
Contrary to the common false suggestion that Israel takes lands Palestinian live on such as in Area A and B of the West Bank, pushes them out and creates new settlements there.
New homes no matter where they are built need more more land for more water mains, more roads, more sewers,, more electricity, more parks, more stores. So what is the difference between expanding an old settlement or starting a new settlement? Land is a finite resource and the result is the same: less land for Palestinians, more land for Israelis.

Your "no new settlements" claim is just silly and the rest of the world interprets it as silly also.

New homes no matter where they are built need more more land for more water mains, more roads, more sewers,, more electricity, more parks, more stores. So what is the difference between expanding an old settlement or starting a new settlement? Land is a finite resource and the result is the same: less land for Palestinians, more land for Israelis.

Your "no new settlements" claim is just silly and the rest of the world interprets it as silly also.
It'll be interesting to see how the coalition works, although I predict chaos initially with such a wide spectrum of opposing political ideologies involved. The sitting Prime Minister will be the far-right nationalist Bennett, to be succeeded in two years by a centrist, Yair Lapid. There's even Palestinian representation for the first time; a very good thing. Lots to look forward to, with some trepidation...

It'll be interesting to see how the coalition works, although I predict chaos initially with such a wide spectrum of opposing political ideologies involved. The sitting Prime Minister will be the far-right nationalist Bennett, to be succeeded in two years by a centrist, Yair Lapid. There's even Palestinian representation for the first time; a very good thing. Lots to look forward to, with some trepidation...
The problem for Palestinians is that it isn't just trepidation .

No refutation? I know you hate to have the truth shoved in your face, and I'm delighted to provide it.
I love it when people don't provide a single basis to their statements and then react hysterically when people point out that it's nonsensical propaganda.

Natural growth isn't something you can stop. You cannot stop a community from building a school when they have children.
The settlements exist and grow internally, that is true.
The land Palestinians live on however remains untouched, contrary to how the fake stories go.

Natural growth isn't something you can stop. You cannot stop a community from building a school when they have children.
The settlements exist and grow internally, that is true.
The land Palestinians live on however remains untouched, contrary to how the fake stories go.
I do not agree with what you say and the facts on the ground do not support your statements. However, I cannot discuss the topic because the rules are designed prevent criticism of Israeli policies and actions. They also prevent discussing the nature of the treatment of Palestinians.

THe message I get that the Jewish Israelis are going to pus all of the Palestinians out the present Israel, the West Bank and even the Gaza Strip. You see Israelis in what is now Israel proper going after non-jewish people who are citizens of Israel. They are continuing to build new settlements on on the West Bank, pushing Palestinians off their land to do so. They are taking homes away from Palestinians around Jerusalem so they can circle the city and thus keep Muslims from visiting their holy places in that city. I do not believe that the Jewish leaders of Israel ever had plan that included Arabs.
I believe that the people of Israel are people, same as people anywhere else in the world. Israel has high education levels, standards of living, communication/multicultural exposure, freedoms of expression and media, and a democratic government... basically all the preconditions you'd expect for a generally decent, compassionate population. Ignorance, desperation, insularism and indoctrination are probably the main causes of cruel or callous attitudes towards each other, and Israel doesn't seem to have much of them. Extreme political polarization (as in the US duopoly) would be another, but apparently that's not the case in Israel either; non-democratic governments obviously could be cruel or callous despite their people's general decency, but again obviously not the case in Israel (certainly not over periods of decades).

There are going to be extremist/xenophobic folk in any large group of people of course, including obviously the river-to-sea, "death to Arabs" variety of zionists, but under the good conditions of education etc. available in Israel I would expect those folk to be a relatively small minority. So as I see it there's only really four possibilities here:
  1. Israelis are just different from other people, they're crueler and more callous than others would be in those circumstances
  2. You (and many others) are simply wrong in attributing such cruel, machiavellian motives to them
  3. Israeli policies are indeed cruel, but caused by other factors specific to their situation (eg. Arab hostility and violence)
  4. My view of humanity is naively optimistic, and people everywhere generally are cruel and callous even in the best circumstances
For now I'm putting my bets mostly on (2), though I'd guess that historical Arab aggression has surely contributed some bias to more hostile/hawkish military and political environments in Israel than might otherwise have been the case. If (4) is the case then we may as well just throw in the towel and accept a cruel and callous, might makes right world.

Last edited:
I do not agree with what you say and the facts on the ground do not support your statements. However, I cannot discuss the topic because the rules are designed prevent criticism of Israeli policies and actions. They also prevent discussing the nature of the treatment of Palestinians.
Like I told the other one, spare me the nonsensical propaganda.

Israel begins demolishing more arab villages. Does this mean Hamas is going to start up again? 35 children homeless.

Wifes are no longer allowed to inherit husband's land if husband dies.

coldjoint;1067558985 said:
~......................... I fully expect you to disappear ............~

Why? Have the now forbidden posting news articles about Israel?

Try quoting posts and not signatures, eh?

Thank you.
Were you not referring back to this link

Were you not referring back to this link

Since I fear that any explanation might add to your confusion, I'll refrain from further address and leave it at that..

Israel begins demolishing more arab villages. Does this mean Hamas is going to start up again? 35 children homeless.

Also from the article:
The Israeli government, now run by a coalition headed by Prime Minister Naftali Bennett, says the village was built illegally in the middle of a military firing range.
An Israeli security official said the government has carried out months of discussions with residents and offered an alternative site nearby. The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly, said the offer for the new location stands.
Demolishing of illegal buildings, and even giving an alternative legal location, what's wrong with that?

Wifes are no longer allowed to inherit husband's land if husband dies.

That's not what the law (that didn't pass) does.

THe message I get that the Jewish Israelis are going to pus all of the Palestinians out the present Israel, the West Bank and even the Gaza Strip. You see Israelis in what is now Israel proper going after non-jewish people who are citizens of Israel. They are continuing to build new settlements on on the West Bank, pushing Palestinians off their land to do so. They are taking homes away from Palestinians around Jerusalem so they can circle the city and thus keep Muslims from visiting their holy places in that city. I do not believe that the Jewish leaders of Israel ever had plan that included Arabs.
There is a giant lie here, there are no holy Islamic sites in Jerusalem. The Quran never mentions Jerusalem.

This is a lie perpetrated by self interested Arab interests who want to keep Jews and Christians out.

America was founded with strict separation between Church and State specifically so that the “Christian” majority couldn’t tyrannize the minorities living here.
No, America was not. And no there were no “religious minorities” except for a very small group of Jews.

Virtually everyone was a baptized Christian

America was founded with strict separation between Church and State specifically so that the “Christian” majority couldn’t tyrannize the minorities living here.
Well, so that larger Christian sects could not tyrannize other Christian sects, primarily. So that Baptists could not tyrannize Congregationalists, who in turn could not tyrannize Catholics who in turn could not tyrannize Presbyterians, and so on and so forth.

No, America was not. And no there were no “religious minorities” except for a very small group of Jews.

Virtually everyone was a baptized Christian

Yes.....it was.

Particularly because the Founding Fathers were well aware that different groups of Christians butchered and oppressed each other with just as much glee as they did Jews or Muslims.

Well, so that larger Christian sects could not tyrannize other Christian sects, primarily. So that Baptists could not tyrannize Congregationalists, who in turn could not tyrannize Catholics who in turn could not tyrannize Presbyterians, and so on and so forth.

Pretty much, yep. They saw what a bloodbath Europe had become and wanted to avoid that if at all possible.

Yes.....it was.

Particularly because the Founding Fathers were well aware that different groups of Christians butchered and oppressed each other with just as much glee as they did Jews or Muslims.
Wow the communist adjacent poster with a picture of a tank as their avatar is doing his performative moralism again. How surprising

That’s not even true. The first amendment separation of church and state was written for only one reason. To constitutionally prohibit the establishment of a church of America. There was no other purpose to it. The first amendment did not guarantee free practice of religion, it did not prohibit crosses on public land, it did not say that there had to be religious neutrality. It meant purely that there could not be a corporation known as the church of America established and given state preference as was common in Europe.

That’s it.

Back
Top Bottom