• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:296] Trump lies to US troops about pay increases during visit to Iraq military base

Re: Shameless: Trump lies to troops about pay raises

There's just no explaining this. I look forward to his explanation. Maybe he means this coming year?

Who knew 10% is equal to 2.6%.

He really needs to pay attention to briefings and get his information straight otherwise he looks like a fool.

He does't look like a fool. He is a fool and he thinks others are stupid.

Do you think making **** up is a good debate strategy?

One that will OWN you here... he did not say that they did not have a raise in ten years. He said that they had not had a BIG raise in ten years.

Those are his words. Can't unmake them. Do you think taking things out of context, or essentially lying about them, is a good strategy?

There's just no explaining this. I look forward to his explanation. Maybe he means this coming year?

trump is a lying asshole, he tried to take a cheap shot at past Presidents.....So he made up a lie, to make the US Military look like dupes...and tried to take credit for the lie

Part of it was the 2019 raise... yes.

One that will OWN you here... he did not say that they did not have a raise in ten years. He said that they had not had a BIG raise in ten years.

Those are his words. Can't unmake them. Do you think taking things out of context, or essentially lying about them, is a good strategy?

He babbled they were getting a 10 % raise...A total lie...You must be so proud

trump is a lying asshole, he tried to take a cheap shot at past Presidents.....So he made up a lie, to make the US Military look like dupes...and tried to take credit for the lie

God... what ****ing whining... go find a real issue to complain about.

Here's the actual history of military pay raises Several years with "raises" barely keeping up with inflation, if that. So, does a "raise" mean an increase in wage to keep up with inflation or getting more pay in inflation adjusted terms. Many folks on the left, or at least those on the LOONY LEFT, whine that wages have stagnated even though BLS tells us average wage has consistently grown by 2-3%.
Trump may have confused his facts but calling him a liar is just a tad of exaggeration.

E3Oil23.jpg

He babbled they were getting a 10 % raise...A total lie...You must be so proud

I did not see that part in the quote. Please show where he said that so I can determine of that part is a lie. Thanks...

You are taking it out of context. If you look at their raises this was one of the biggest that they have had in ten years. That is true. It is not the biggest and it has not be literally ten years but nitpicking over a statement like that, that is not meant literal, is really pretty feeble. There are real issues out there and harping on every little thing he says trying to find a lie or racism is just lame.

He did not say it was the biggest in 10 years, he said there where no raises for 10 years. Read his words.

That would take changing the meaning of the words he said. It is possible that is what he meant, but that is not what he said. And that does not make the part about the 10 % pay raise true, nor the part where he claims he asked for more than "they" wanted to give.

Last edited:

[FONT="]This guy is a true pathological liar. He just can’t help himself.

[URL="http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-military-pay-raise-increase-iraq-troops-visit-al-asad-air-base-a8701101.html%3Famp"]Trump lied to troops about pay increase during Iraq visit[/URL]

President Donald Trump has falsely claimed to troops that he gave them their first pay rise in more than 10 years – and greatly exaggerated the size of the increase.

Mr Trump made the statement to troops in Iraq on Wednesday after arriving late on Christmas Day.

“You protect us, we are always going to protect you,” Mr Trump said during his visit to Al Asad airbase. “And you just saw that, ’cause you just got one of the biggest pay raises you’ve ever received. You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

Military pay has increased each year for more than three decades, with a 2.4 per cent increase in 2018. The 2019 National Defence Authorisation Act brought a 2.6 per cent increase. That most recent raise is the largest in the last nine years.[/FONT]

Trump is taking credit for the biggest raise our troops have gotten in 10 years? Oh well, he does tend to take credit for things he may not have had that big a hand in, sort of like Obama taking credit for killing Bin Ladin.

He did not say it was the biggest in 10 years, he said there where no raises for 10 years. Read his words.

Easy: "’cause you just got one of the biggest pay raises you’ve ever received. You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

Try again cause that one is a FAIL.
He is clearly talking about a BIG pay raise...

So while Trump is President in 2018-19 the largest pay rise in almost ten yeras occurs, and you call him a liar? WTF?

He says they have not gotten a big pay raise... and he gives them one. That is accurate.
He says a big pay raise has not happened in 10 years when it is really 9 year.... a little mistake.
He says "I got you one" and he did get them a big pay increase. That is accurate.

Whole thing seems accurate. Yet you call him a liar. Why? Where does this blind hatred come from that leads you to post lies about a person that is telling the truth? Are you so angry that you can't remain objective? I feel really sorry for you.

syTrvok.jpg

Yes, the congratulations on the end is what made me think he was suggesting he got them the 10%.

There is no other way to HONESTLY read that.

My advice, and this isn't original, is to "take Trump seriously, but not literally." The more times I read this comment the more I think he's saying he TRIED to get a ten-percent raise, not that he gave them one; he's not the one that writing the budget and decide on the raises - that's Congress.

Obviously it is a good thing that people have to deduce what they think Trump "might" be saying. That way his actual statement can flourish in the next day's spin. How boring if the president should just relate actual facts and serious thought. :roll:

Trump is taking credit for the biggest raise our troops have gotten in 10 years? Oh well, he does tend to take credit for things he may not have had that big a hand in, sort of like Obama taking credit for killing Bin Ladin.

What About What About Obama.....That pathetic excuse doesn't change the FACT trump is a lying asshole

That would take changing the meaning of the words he said. It is possible that is what he meant, but that is not what he said. And that does not make the part about the 10 % pay raise true, nor the part where he claims he asked for more than "they" wanted to give.

It is what he said... first time I read it I knew that is what he was saying because I read the words... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom