• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:136] Democratic Congressional Members Condemn Statement by Ilhan Omar Equating U.S., Israel, with Hamas, Taliban

How many do you think were killed, occasionally speaking?

Vs the people we occasionally kill that you won’t count, literally and figuratively. You keep telling me their lives are unimportant compared to the 3k that died on 9/11.

Enough to be tragic, far less than would be the case if your claims were true.

Lol no, that’s YOU that stated you couldn’t care less about Osama Bin Laden’s victims. I have never refrained from pointing out how awful it is that civilians are killed sometimes.

But I suppose you were too busy fantasizing about the US being “worse than the Taliban” to figure that out.

Exactly, because when you're being accosted by a heavily armed mugger and a heavily armed murderer the matter of which one is worse is immaterial next to the question of "What's the phone number for the mother****ing cops!"
Which one did they put in charge of their fate by electing them, the mugger or the murderer?

Enough to be tragic, far less than would be the case if your claims were true.

More or less than 3000 civilians? For someone so proud of our military and humanitarian record in war, why are you choking on providing this stat?

More or less than 3000 civilians? For someone so proud of our military and humanitarian record in war, why are you choking on providing this stat?

Oh look, yet ANOTHER example of you handwaving away the numerous non American victims of Al-Qaeda. I get you care about them even less than you do about those murdered on 9/11, but that doesn’t change the facts.

Which one did they put in charge of their fate by electing them, the mugger or the murderer?
Well according to the rationale of the OP, I’m calling them equal.

Oh look, yet ANOTHER example of you handwaving away the numerous non American victims of Al-Qaeda. I get you care about them even less than you do about those murdered on 9/11, but that doesn’t change the facts.

What facts are you referring to? I’ve asked you several times now how many innocent civilians we killed over in Afghanistan. Is it that they don’t count as human beings? They ”supported” the wrong government and had it coming? Or are you saying we needed to kill as many innocent people as possible in order to get the terrorists? If we are killing civilians by the thousands, what is it we are protecting them from again? Isn’t it being killed by the thousands?

You keep choking on this answer for obvious reasons.

What facts are you referring to? I’ve asked you several times now how many innocent civilians we killed over in Afghanistan. Is it that they don’t count as human beings? They ”supported” the wrong government and had it coming? Or are you saying we needed to kill as many innocent people as possible in order to get the terrorists? If we are killing civilians by the thousands, what is it we are protecting them from again? Isn’t it being killed by the thousands?

You keep choking on this answer for obvious reasons.

That your claim that “the US is far worse than the Taliban” is laughably ignorant.

You have repeatedly stated how you don’t give a shit about the folks murdered by Bin Laden, so spare us the faux “moral” posturing(and by the way, the short answer is that there is no concrete, undisputed number).

But you don’t give a shit about people who die in off target air strikes any more than you do those machine gunned for going to school. Your whining, therefore, is utterly meaningless.

That your claim that “the US is far worse than the Taliban” is laughably ignorant.

You have repeatedly stated how you don’t give a shit about the folks murdered by Bin Laden, so spare us the faux “moral” posturing(and by the way, the short answer is that there is no concrete, undisputed number).

But you don’t give a shit about people who die in off target air strikes any more than you do those machine gunned for going to school. Your whining, therefore, is utterly meaningless.

What is the disputed number and what do you think it is?

And it’s not *my* moral posturing, it’s yours. You can’t insist the US military is there to save human life when they’ve taken more than the Taliban could dream of.

What is the disputed number and what do you think it is?

And it’s not *my* moral posturing, it’s yours. You can’t insist the US military is there to save human life when they’ve taken more than the Taliban could dream of.

There’s a lot more than one disputed number. That’s what happens when a war goes on for twenty years.

As I said before, enough to be tragic, far fewer than there would be if your claims were true.

The US is there to help prevent the Taliban from wiping out the Hazara(which it’s done) to help overthrow a brutal tyranny(which it’s done) and to hunt down Bin Laden and his cronies(which it’s done). An untold number of lives have been saved by doing that.

There’s a lot more than one disputed number. That’s what happens when a war goes on for twenty years.

As I said before, enough to be tragic, far fewer than there would be if your claims were true.

Enough to be tragic doesn’t mean anything. You’re still choking because you can’t offer a number. You know it’s higher than 3k and you know you have no answer for it save for MERICA **** YEAH

The US is there to help prevent the Taliban from wiping out the Hazara(which it’s done) to help overthrow a brutal tyranny(which it’s done) and to hunt down Bin Laden and his cronies(which it’s done). An untold number of lives have been saved by doing that.

You won’t offer up the number of civilians we have killed but know for sure that we saved an untold number.

Anymore completely made up things you want to offer up?

Enough to be tragic doesn’t mean anything. You’re still choking because you can’t offer a number. You know it’s higher than 3k and you know you have no answer for it save for MERICA **** YEAH

Again, the numbers are all disputed. Offering one means exactly jack shit, because nobody really knows how accurate it is. Not only that, but simply posting “numbers of Afghan civilians who died since 2001” fails to take into account numerous important factors, like, gee, the number murdered by the Taliban.

Gee, as opposed to Taliban apologism? You have no room to talk about anyone else at this point bud.

You won’t offer up the number of civilians we have killed but know for sure that we saved an untold number.

Anymore completely made up things you want to offer up?

Because we certainly did. Bin Laden and his cronies were constantly launching attacks against the United States from their safe haven, and gleefully slaughtered any bystanders who happened to be nearby. Killing him and destroying AQ’s safe haven badly weakened them.

But I forgot—you don’t care about the folks slaughtered by Bin Laden and his cronies.

Nah, as far as completely made up things go, “the US is far worse than the Taliban” is pretty much impossible to top 😂

Again, the numbers are all disputed. Offering one means exactly jack shit, because nobody really knows how accurate it is. Not only that, but simply posting “numbers of Afghan civilians who died since 2001” fails to take into account numerous important factors, like, gee, the number murdered by the Taliban.

Gee, as opposed to Taliban apologism?
You have no room to talk about anyone else at this point bud.

So post those too. You are literally saying you don’t know anything while insisting every death was justified.

I’m not apologizing for the taliban, you’re apologizing for the mass slaughter of innocent civilians. You’re under the impression that when someone compares the taliban to the American military/foreign policy they’re doing it to praise the Taliban.

Taliban ain’t my team, but you keep telling me the US military is yours. One of us is saying the deaths of thousands and thousands of innocent civilians is justified, and it ain’t the Antifa poster.

So post those too. You are literally saying you don’t know anything while insisting every death was justified.

I’m not apologizing for the taliban, you’re apologizing for the mass slaughter of innocent civilians. You’re under the impression that when someone compares the taliban to the American military/foreign policy they’re doing it to praise the Taliban.

Taliban ain’t my team, but you keep telling me the US military is yours. One of us is saying the deaths of thousands and thousands of innocent civilians is justified, and it ain’t the Antifa poster.

Claiming the US is “far worse than the Taliban” is blatant Taliban apologism. Considering that Taliban policy is literally to slaughter as many non-combatants as possible, your handwaving is pretty meaningless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_in_the_war_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)#Aggregation_of_estimates

Again, lots of random numbers being tossed around with no insight into their methodology....and therefore no real way to know how accurate the claims actually are.

Nah, the Antifa poster is “just” busily letting everyone know they couldn’t care less about the folks slaughtered by Bin Laden and AQ, and desperately trying to downplay the Taliban’s atrocities. Congrats on proving the stereotype.

But you still didn't answer the question. Rather telling.
If I say that I'm being attacked by a mugger and a murderer, am I making a valuative statement about the comparative threat level of both attackers, or am I making the statement that I'm being attacked by two people? Your question doesn't get to the heart of Omar's point, and my question gets to the heart of why your question and the OP are based on a false premise.

Claiming the US is “far worse than the Taliban” is blatant Taliban apologism. Considering that Taliban policy is literally to slaughter as many non-combatants as possible, your handwaving is pretty meaningless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualties_in_the_war_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)#Aggregation_of_estimates

Again, lots of random numbers being tossed around with no insight into their methodology....and therefore no real way to know how accurate the claims actually are.

Nah, the Antifa poster is “just” busily letting everyone know they couldn’t care less about the folks slaughtered by Bin Laden and AQ, and desperately trying to downplay the Taliban’s atrocities. Congrats on proving the stereotype.

*You* stated that the deaths of these innocent civilians were necessary. I haven’t once stated likewise about 9/11.

You seem to be unaware of what you’re arguing anymore or why.

*You* stated that the deaths of these innocent civilians were necessary. I haven’t once stated likewise about 9/11.

You seem to be unaware of what you’re arguing anymore or why.

You literally stated you didn’t give a shit about the murder of thousands of people on 9/11, amidst babbling about the US being “far worse than the Taliban”. Again, spare us the faux moral posturing.

If I say that I'm being attacked by a mugger and a murderer, am I making a valuative statement about the comparative threat level of both attackers, or am I making the statement that I'm being attacked by two people? Your question doesn't get to the heart of Omar's point, and my question gets to the heart of why your question and the OP are based on a false premise.
My statement skewers her point because as a point of fact, the Palestinians put one party or the other in charge of their fate by electing them. You deliberately ignoring the point is both expected and enlightening.

My statement skewers her point because as a point of fact, the Palestinians put one party or the other in charge of their fate by electing them. You deliberately ignoring the point is both expected and enlightening.
That may be a point that causes you to be less sympathetic to them, but it's utterly immaterial to Omar's point, which is that right now, when Palestinians are persecuted, be that by Hamas or Israel, they don't have recourse to the law.

What was the outcome of that ruling? And is that type of ruling the norm?
I tell you what: I answered your question, how about you return the courtesy :)

Back
Top Bottom