• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:136] Democratic Congressional Members Condemn Statement by Ilhan Omar Equating U.S., Israel, with Hamas, Taliban

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Today, Representative Brad Schneider led Representatives Jake Auchincloss, Ted Deutch, Lois Frankel, Josh Gottheimer, Elaine Luria, Kathy Manning, Jerrold Nadler, Dean Phillips, Kim Schrier, Brad Sherman, Debbie Wasserman Schultz in releasing the following joint statement:

Equating the United States and Israel to Hamas and the Taliban is as offensive as it is misguided. Ignoring the differences between democracies governed by the rule of law and contemptible organizations that engage in terrorism at best discredits one’s intended argument and at worst reflects deep-seated prejudice.

The United States and Israel are imperfect and, like all democracies, at times deserving of critique, but false equivalencies give cover to terrorist groups. We urge Congresswoman Omar to clarify her words placing the US and Israel in the same category as Hamas and the Taliban.

Ilhan Omar responded by calling her fellow Democrats "shameful" and Islamophobic:

1623426432255.png

But (presumably after some pushback from leadership) later walked back her initial comparison.]

Note to Republicans: this is how it is supposed to work when one of your members makes nutty comments.

Ilhan Omar responded by calling her fellow Democrats "shameful" and Islamophobic:

View attachment 67337332

But (presumably after some pushback from leadership) later walked back her initial comparison.]

Note to Republicans: this is how it is supposed to work when one of your members makes nutty comments.
This is an idiotically one dimensional take on her original question, which was to ask where Palestinian victims of Hamas's terrorism and Israel's home relocation can go for accountability. She was asking Secretary Blinken where they could seek redress if not even the International Criminal Court would take up their complaints.

You can see the original video here:

Last edited:
This is an idiotically one dimensional take on her original question, which was to ask where Palestinian victims of Hamas's terrorism and Israel's home relocation can go for accountability.

No - Democratic party leadership and other Democratic House members are correct here, and, while they may be incorrect about a host of other topics (imo), they aren't idiots.

IN CASE THIS PIECE OF SOMETHING IS NEW TO YOU :-

Ilhan Omar ran for the 5th Congressional District seat in Minnesota, formerly held by Muslim Keith Ellison. The 5th district is home to 100,000 Somalis, the terrorist recruiting capital of the U.S. Her campaign was supported by Our Revolution (closely affiliated with Bernie Sanders) and the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

Like her jihadi Jane sisters, she promotes the Green New Deal, (which is nothing more than U.N. Agenda 2030 on steroids), Medicare for all, tuition-free colleges, limits to the Second Amendment, the dissolution of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) along with open borders, murder of unborn babies up to and after birth, high taxes on corporations, steep cuts in defense spending, and a 90% tax rate for the wealthy.

That is without getting into her background of numerous frauds and a bigamous 'marriage '.

No - Democratic party leadership and other Democratic House members are correct here, and, while they may be incorrect about a host of other topics (imo), they aren't idiots.
There's no "no" about it. That's literally her point: Palestinian civilians are caught between two hostile entities and have no path to redress.

There's no "no" about it. That's literally her point: Palestinian civilians are caught between two hostile entities and have no path to redress.

She originally equated non-like entities (specifically, terror organizations and liberal democratic nation states), and her fellow Democrats were right to call her on it, just as Republicans should have called Trump on it when he responded to the point about Putin's human rights abuses with "well we kill people too".

🤷 The Democratic Party leadership and some of its members in Congress actually did the right thing here, and pushed back on some of the crazy within their own caucus. It's incumbent on me to acknowledge that.

This is the fabric of the DNC! Evil, lying, vile, hateful, Anti-America traitors ....

Attachments

• Dems-Confuzed.jpg
    Dems-Confuzed.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3

View attachment 67337332

Ilhan Omar is entitled to her own opinion - - her own INFORMED opinion, that is.
She's disastrously uninformed on this issue because 95% of her "information" is one-sided.

And Dems were right to yell at her to chill the **** out.

That said, dressing her down for equating two democracies with a terrorist organization is the right thing to do AND it does not cancel out her beef about Pals not having any redress for grievances.
She is fond of lashing out without thinking and weighing the value of her words.
That is not a professional way of going about things because we are looking at people on the other side of the aisle who have adopted that tactic as their boilerplate, with predictable results.

She originally equated non-like entities (specifically, terror organizations and liberal democratic nation states), and her fellow Democrats were right to call her on it, just as Republicans should have called Trump on it when he responded to the point about Putin's human rights abuses with "well we kill people too".

🤷 The Democratic Party leadership and some of its members in Congress actually did the right thing here, and pushed back on some of the crazy within their own caucus. It's incumbent on me to acknowledge that.
The reason why it's wholly immaterial is because any comparison doesn't address the central issue, which is that the Palestinian people are caught between two hostile entities. Debating over whether they're equal or whether one is worse than the other doesn't solve the problem.

That said, dressing her down for equating two democracies with a terrorist organization is the right thing to do AND it does not cancel out her beef about Pals not having any redress for grievances.
She is fond of lashing out without thinking and weighing the value of her words.
That is not a professional way of going about things because we are looking at people on the other side of the aisle who have adopted that tactic as their boilerplate, with predictable results.
Do you think the Palestinian people, who are caught between two hostile entities, would find that debate interesting or relevant to their situation?

This is the fabric of the DNC! Evil, lying, vile, hateful, Anti-America traitors ....
There is no shortage of people making the same claims about the GOPQ'er's. I'm guessing you're not DNC. Right? Just sayin'....

Do you think the Palestinian people, who are caught between two hostile entities, would find that debate interesting or relevant to their situation?

Which one? The debate over whether Israel and HAMAS are equivalent?
Not at all.

Which one? The debate over whether Israel and HAMAS are equivalent?
Not at all.
Exactly, because when you're being accosted by a heavily armed mugger and a heavily armed murderer the matter of which one is worse is immaterial next to the question of "What's the phone number for the mother****ing cops!"

IN CASE THIS PIECE OF SOMETHING IS NEW TO YOU :-

Ilhan Omar ran for the 5th Congressional District seat in Minnesota, formerly held by Muslim Keith Ellison. The 5th district is home to 100,000 Somalis, the terrorist recruiting capital of the U.S. Her campaign was supported by Our Revolution (closely affiliated with Bernie Sanders) and the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

Like her jihadi Jane sisters, she promotes the Green New Deal, (which is nothing more than U.N. Agenda 2030 on steroids), Medicare for all, tuition-free colleges, limits to the Second Amendment, the dissolution of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) along with open borders, murder of unborn babies up to and after birth, high taxes on corporations, steep cuts in defense spending, and a 90% tax rate for the wealthy.

That is without getting into her background of numerous frauds and a bigamous 'marriage '.
I'll see your Omar and raise you one Majorie Taylor Green.

If we are to believe the experts, we have a lot more to worry about with MTG kind of people than we do Omar people.

Myself, I wish they both would fall off a cliff.

Democrats are quick to admonish their own when they step over the line. Al Franken comes to mind. The GOP used to be pretty good at that too. But now that the GOP has become the GOPQ, the lines between right and wrong have become somewhat blurry. I remember when the GOP used to lay claim to having the "moral highground" among the populous. Those days have long since passed. I want my old GOP back. I'm getting kinda of bored with having to stand by the democrat table at the company picnic.

View attachment 67337332

When did a Republican put the US in the same Catagory as Hamas ? ...
Oh yeah, "NEVER" ! Let me repeat NNNN-Never !
FYI: Nutty comments and Comments YOU don't like are not the same thing !

I just wonder if the Cancel Culture applies to DEM's ? .....

Democrats are quick to admonish their own when they step over the line. Al Franken comes to mind. The GOP used to be pretty good at that too. But now that the GOP has become the GOPQ, the lines between right and wrong have become somewhat blurry. I remember when the GOP used to lay claim to having the "moral highground" among the populous. Those days have long since passed. I want my old GOP back. I'm getting kinda of bored with having to stand by the democrat table at the company picnic.
What ? Dems are insane ! You have to literally lie to yourself to be a Dem !

America is a Democracy... It is not !
Diversity and Equality are the most important things.... You have to pick one ! (And it would still be wrong, in America Freedom&Liberty)
Richard Leven can Identify as Rachel and is a Woman! ..... Science/DNA says NO! Sorry Crazy Libs.
Laws are institutional "White Supremacy" ... ???
Asking EVERY American to show Proof of Citizenship to Vote is RACIST..... WTF ???....

Attachments

• Dems-Confuzed.jpg
    Dems-Confuzed.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1
  • LibArgmnts.jpg
    LibArgmnts.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
Of course, the idiot Squad is defending her:

Members of the far-left "Squad" in the House of Representatives are rallying to the defense of Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., after a group of 12 other House Democrats leveled harsh criticism against her over comments from earlier this week that appeared to compare the U.S. and Israel to terrorists.

"Pretty sick & tired of the constant vilification, intentional mischaracterization, and public targeting of @IlhanMN coming from our caucus," Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., tweeted. "They have no concept for the danger they put her in by skipping private conversations & leaping to fueling targeted news cycles around her."

Dang!

What an ingrate!

Ms. O. should be thankful for being allowed to come to this country.

She should watch her mouth and be respectful and humble.

Not electing a terrorist organization to govern them would be one path to redress.

Not electing a terrorist organization to govern them would be one path to redress.
And we elected Trump. But that doesn't mean that the government isn't hostile to its population.

When did a Republican put the US in the same Catagory as Hamas ? ...
Oh yeah, "NEVER" ! Let me repeat NNNN-Never !
FYI: Nutty comments and Comments YOU don't like are not the same thing !

I just wonder if the Cancel Culture applies to DEM's ? .....
We have not seen a "Jewish space lasers are burning up California" from the Dems.

Back
Top Bottom