• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:136] Democratic Congressional Members Condemn Statement by Ilhan Omar Equating U.S., Israel, with Hamas, Taliban

I tell you what: I answered your question, how about you return the courtesy :)
I think it should have been clear now to the common observer that I'm not going to answer a question that's based on a false premise. It should also be clear to the common observer that the substance of Omar's question isn't of any interest to you. And the reason for that is that the only means you have for framing a discussion is whether people are being intellectually or ideologically consistent. And that's fine if you have other tools for approaching a discussion. But...you don't. That's literally all you're armed with. How you can find discussions that are based only in that entertaining is utterly baffling to me.

Now why don't paste that list of names again. It seems to bring you great entertainment.

Last edited:
I think it should have been clear now to the common observer that I'm not going to answer a question that's based on a false premise.

I asked if you agree with Omar's description of her colleagues. It's a simple question.

And yes. It's clear you are unwilling to criticize the Tribe or members therein.

the only means you have for framing a discussion is whether people are being intellectually or ideologically consistent. And that's fine if you have other tools for approaching a discussion. But...you don't. That's literally all you're armed with. How you can find discussions that are based only in that entertaining is utterly baffling to me.

Gosh. All I bring to a discussion is a focus on being intellectually honest and consistent. How terrible. :) I might have to put that next to the Conservative quote in my sig.

A good point, though - you also refused to explain your earlier seeming argument that moral consistency was wrong when it didn't serve the Tribe.

I asked if you agree with Omar's description of her colleagues. It's a simple question.

Gosh. All I bring to a discussion is a focus on being intellectually honest and consistent. How terrible. :) I might have to put that next to the Conservative quote in my sig.

Yes, that's ALL you bring. How incredibly, mind numbingly boring. Politics has countless avenues for discussion on policy that has real life impact on actual human beings around the globe, and...this...this alone...is what brings you to politics.

Ugh.

A good point, though - you also refused to explain your earlier seeming argument that moral consistency was wrong when it didn't serve the Tribe.

As I said, if every straw man argument disappeared from the internet, over 90% of your posts would be gone.

cpwill said:
Gosh. All I bring to a discussion is a focus on being intellectually honest and consistent. How terrible.
Yes, that's ALL you bring. How incredibly, mind numbingly boring.

Yes. Very little ability to rah-rah one's self up about how One And One's Team Are So Much Better Than That Darn Ole Other, there.

Politics has countless avenues for discussion on policy that has real life impact on actual human beings around the globe, and...this...this alone...is what brings you to politics

Ugh.

What in the world makes you think you have to sacrifice intellectual honesty in order to make a real life impact on actual human beings, here or around the globe?

Or that we are doing so here?

I've made an impact on actual human beings, here in the United States and across the globe. :) I can point to people who are alive and better today, because of the work I and others have done; I can point to the evil that has been beaten back and mitigated, when and where it has; I can point to marriages saved, captives set free, lives helped put back on course, hope brought to those who suffered in fear; I can point to the women who have escaped abusive husbands who now have safe homes to raise their children in and a viable plan to support them. I've never actually sat down and thought through that before, but, yeah. The most fun and rewarding thing you can do with money is to find good ways to give it away, and the thing you will be happiest about having done with your time is having poured it into other people. :D

But you know what? I've never, ever, helped anyone that I am aware of by arguing on the internet about politics. ;) It's a hobby, not a ministry. When you are actually involved in having an actual real life impact on actual human beings, you will find that intellectual honesty lets you help better, and helps you to actually help (which is often quite difficult and time consuming).

As I said, if every straw man argument disappeared from the internet, over 90% of your posts would be gone.

If your statement does not mean what it seems to, well, please explain it, as I have asked you to do multiple times.

Yes. Very little ability to rah-rah one's self up about how One And One's Team Are So Much Better Than That Darn Ole Other, there.

What in the world makes you think you have to sacrifice intellectual honesty in order to make a real life impact on actual human beings, here or around the globe?

Or that we are doing so here?

I've made an impact on actual human beings, here in the United States and across the globe. :) I can point to people who are alive and better today, because of the work I and others have done; I can point to the evil that has been beaten back and mitigated, when and where it has; I can point to marriages saved, captives set free, lives helped put back on course, hope brought to those who suffered in fear; I can point to the women who have escaped abusive husbands who now have safe homes to raise their children in and a viable plan to support them. I've never actually sat down and thought through that before, but, yeah. The most fun and rewarding thing you can do with money is to find good ways to give it away, and the thing you will be happiest about having done with your time is having poured it into other people. :D

But you know what? I've never, ever, helped anyone that I am aware of by arguing on the internet about politics. ;) It's a hobby, not a ministry. When you are actually involved in having an actual real life impact on actual human beings, you will find that intellectual honesty lets you help better, and helps you to actually help (which is often quite difficult and time consuming).

If your statement does not mean what it seems to, well, please explain it, as I have asked you to do multiple times.
If you want to know what I mean, don’t turn what I say into different words. The reason why your world view is so incredibly narrow is because you keep “interpreting” what other people mean. Interpreting is normally fine, but in your hands it’s preventing you from growing and understanding what other people are really saying.

Of course I’m wasting my time, because you’re just going to “interpret” this post into saying something I didn’t say. It’s like talking to somebody with a severe brain injury.

Did Nancy Pelosi criticize Omar’s comments in any way?

It seems that would be her responsibility in her position.

If she did not then why not?

This is just the beginning.
Baby boomer Democrats suddenly facing the hungry lions of millennial Democrats.
As US baby boomers die off, it should be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

If you want to know what I mean, don’t turn what I say into different words. The reason why your world view is so incredibly narrow is because you keep “interpreting” what other people mean.

I have asked you to explain what you mean, and you refuse to provide any elucidation 🤷‍♂️. I can therefore use nothing other than my own reason and your plain words.

It’s like talking to somebody with a severe brain injury.

Those Gosh Darn Intellectually Consistent People. :)

That may be a point that causes you to be less sympathetic to them, but it's utterly immaterial to Omar's point, which is that right now, when Palestinians are persecuted, be that by Hamas or Israel, they don't have recourse to the law.
They ****ing elected Hamas to represent their interests. FFS if they don't have recourse its because they did it to themselves. Which has been my counterpoint all along that you keep deflecting and avoiding.

They ****ing elected Hamas to represent their interests. FFS if they don't have recourse its because they did it to themselves. Which has been my counterpoint all along that you keep deflecting and avoiding.
You keep making that point as if it’s a point in contention. It’s not and never has been.

Moderator's Warning:
This conversation has strayed too far towards the I/P content and this is being moved to the I/P forum. All Israel/Palestine topics go in the Israel/Palestine subforum

In addition to the global Forum Rules, the Debate Politics Moderator Team manages the Middle East Forum under a regimen known as Martial Law (ML). This is a zero-tolerance ruleset coupled with enhanced consequences. It is strongly recommended that all members read this entire page before posting in the ME Forum.

Thanks.

ME Forum Martial Law Concordance

Back
Top Bottom