• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Voices Without A Vote

Kids, for the most part, are actually pretty ****ing stupid and when it comes to politics they only know the lines that their parents have fed them.

Coincidentally, they say going to college tends to make young people start to lean more liberal...

Kids, for the most part, are actually pretty ****ing stupid and when it comes to politics they only know the lines that their parents have fed them.

Coincidentally, they say going to college tends to make young people start to lean more liberal...

I'd have to say that mostly applies to kids in the U.S....

In Germany (and most likely other European countries) and at my school (Foreign German School) we learn politics. In Germany as a subject (Politik) and in my case in Philosophy. I'd add that Philosophy is actually banned where I live and at school it is officially called Civic Education.

Regarding the video: To be honest, I don't think it's THAT special. It is great that they get engaged in politics (well, rather that they understand them), but what they say is, I believe, rather standard in politics nowadays; e.g., cut the budget, stop spending, stronger military, gun control, be conservative (what?), respect the Constitution, don't make me get a green car, don't force me to pay insurance.... The thing is, they fail to explain their positions. For example, I would say to one of them: "Well, let's get a stronger military! But that has its costs; more spending also known as (currently) larger debt.

PS: I get to vote in Nicaragua and I'm only 16! :D

I take it you did not like what they had to say, and then you call kids ****ing stupid. Then kids go to collage to learn from liberal teachers, like Bill Ares. But after they get in the real world and get a real job they go conservative. They finally see who those liberal fruit cakes really are.

I'd have to say that mostly applies to kids in the U.S....

In Germany (and most likely other European countries) and at my school (Foreign German School) we learn politics. In Germany as a subject (Politik) and in my case in Philosophy. I'd add that Philosophy is actually banned where I live and at school it is officially called Civic Education.

Regarding the video: To be honest, I don't think it's THAT special. It is great that they get engaged in politics (well, rather that they understand them), but what they say is, I believe, rather standard in politics nowadays; e.g., cut the budget, stop spending, stronger military, gun control, be conservative (what?), respect the Constitution, don't make me get a green car, don't force me to pay insurance.... The thing is, they fail to explain their positions. For example, I would say to one of them: "Well, let's get a stronger military! But that has its costs; more spending also known as (currently) larger debt.

PS: I get to vote in Nicaragua and I'm only 16! :D

They fully explained their position, their position is conservative, they told you they don't want government telling them what to do. Did you not get that. Did you also not hear then say they've had it with the social programs, meaning smaller government. You need to play the video over again and agiain

They fully explained their position, their position is conservative, they told you they don't want government telling them what to do. Did you not get that. Did you also not hear then say they've had it with the social programs, meaning smaller government. You need to play the video over again and agiain

I guess their position can be defined as conservative. But does that mean they can be selfish? I mean, the second half of the video is them complaining about the Government, such as it forcing them to buy insurance (I grant them that it will do it), what to eat, how to flush the toilet or drive an electric car. The second and fourth are recommendations, for their health and for the environment, the third is pretty much necessary in California. It strikes that kids in California are against the toilet policy; such a big population and not that much water. I agree, what Government doesn't need to tell them what to do, but I believe that is common sense, sure, I have constitutional right to do as I will, but, is that ethically correct? It goes down to selfishness which they try to shield with the Constitution. Regarding electrical cars? What's wrong with that guy? Shouldn't we reduce pollution and give our children and grandchildren a better Earth (in my case I say a "better", given that it has deteriorated in the last century and its effects are being felt my my generation) than the one we had a chance to live on? Sure, I have the right to run a huge truck that only gets 10 MPG, but, if I can afford a more efficient vehicle, would it be responsible behavior to get the more efficient one?

Please take into account that this has NOTHING to do with the current electoral cycle or the debt of whatsoever; it's just some thought about ethics....

I guess their position can be defined as conservative. But does that mean they can be selfish? I mean, the second half of the video is them complaining about the Government, such as it forcing them to buy insurance (I grant them that it will do it), what to eat, how to flush the toilet or drive an electric car. The second and fourth are recommendations, for their health and for the environment, the third is pretty much necessary in California. It strikes that kids in California are against the toilet policy; such a big population and not that much water. I agree, what Government doesn't need to tell them what to do, but I believe that is common sense, sure, I have constitutional right to do as I will, but, is that ethically correct? It goes down to selfishness which they try to shield with the Constitution. Regarding electrical cars? What's wrong with that guy? Shouldn't we reduce pollution and give our children and grandchildren a better Earth (in my case I say a "better", given that it has deteriorated in the last century and its effects are being felt my my generation) than the one we had a chance to live on? Sure, I have the right to run a huge truck that only gets 10 MPG, but, if I can afford a more efficient vehicle, would it be responsible behavior to get the more efficient one?

Please take into account that this has NOTHING to do with the current electoral cycle or the debt of whatsoever; it's just some thought about ethics....

Funny how you never mentioned handing the next generations under Obama 20+ trillion in debt. Which will greatly lower their standard of living, all the while we live like pigs borrowing and spending like there is no tomorrow, is that ethical? But you did not mention one word about that. No you wouldn't, you like living on borrowed money as long as you don't have to pay it back. Now tell me how responsible is Obama running up our national debt by 6 trillion in just 4 yrs, and handing that debt to the next generations to follow. Then you use the word "selfishness" who is selfish by borrowing 6 trillion and making the next generations pay for it? Yes it is about ethics, and in no way is it moral to hand the next generations to pay for our greed and our love of borrowed money.

Funny how you never mentioned handing the next generations under Obama 20+ trillion in debt. Which will greatly lower their standard of living, all the while we live like pigs borrowing and spending like there is no tomorrow, is that ethical? But you did not mention one word about that. No you wouldn't, you like living on borrowed money as long as you don't have to pay it back. Now tell me how responsible is Obama running up our national debt by 6 trillion in just 4 yrs, and handing that debt to the next generations to follow. Then you use the word "selfishness" who is selfish by borrowing 6 trillion and making the next generations pay for it? Yes it is about ethics, and in no way is it moral to hand the next generations to pay for our greed and our love of borrowed money.

Didn't I specifically write my post was totally unrelated to the debt? But now you've gone into that and I'll play your game. The debt has increased because of the recession that happened four years ago. Recession leads to higher unemployment, cuts in wages, higher inflation, lower revenue, more spending and, therefore, higher debt. These are just facts. How the economy could have gotten better and things related to the subject can be debated and to boredom, but that's not the point here.

Then kids go to collage to learn from liberal teachers, like Bill Ares. But after they get in the real world and get a real job they go conservative. They finally see who those liberal fruit cakes really are.

With the country basically 50-50 Liberal-Conservative, don't you find it odd that there isn't one conservative teacher in college?

I graduated with a science degree and honesty could not tell you which party any of my profs belonged to. I mean how in the hell do you bring politics into a math class?

If the conservatives are so mad about all teachers being liberals then maybe a few should become teachers.

You sound a little upset ---- my post hit a nerve?

No - it's a chime of positivity - being able to vote is something to look forward to - a right of passage, if you will.

With the country basically 50-50 Liberal-Conservative, don't you find it odd that there isn't one conservative teacher in college?

I graduated with a science degree and honesty could not tell you which party any of my profs belonged to. I mean how in the hell do you bring politics into a math class?

If the conservatives are so mad about all teachers being liberals then maybe a few should become teachers.

Calculus--discussing population growth models and estimates that 20B is the maximum number of people the planet can sustain.

Calculus--discussing population growth models and estimates that 20B is the maximum number of people the planet can sustain.

Hehe, I've done that in math. We reached 19B, though. That was a year ago and wasn't that specific, just a LONG exercise regarding exponential growth. Man, now I remember when I projected a city's population, that was so cool, trying all the formulas which correspond to the actual figures and will most likely match the future ones.

Since it form WND it has no credibility whatsoever and I refuse to watch it. WND is home to quite possibly the stupidest on the Internet. When I first saw it I thought it was part of the Onion sadly it isn't.

Last edited:
Hehe, I've done that in math. We reached 19B, though. That was a year ago and wasn't that specific, just a LONG exercise regarding exponential growth. Man, now I remember when I projected a city's population, that was so cool, trying all the formulas which correspond to the actual figures and will most likely match the future ones.

Oh, no, we were discussing the politics of it because the professor conveniently decided not to teach us how to do it or anything else. "You know, it is in the book so why should I bother actually teaching it in class." with it being you know, calculus. He NEVER taught us math because he just assumed that we all could do it in our heads for fun like he could. It was always applications, politics, etc. Thank God for Calculus for Dummies.

Oh, no, we were discussing the politics of it because the professor conveniently decided not to teach us how to do it or anything else. "You know, it is in the book so why should I bother actually teaching it in class." with it being you know, calculus. He NEVER taught us math because he just assumed that we all could do it in our heads for fun like he could. It was always applications, politics, etc. Thank God for Calculus for Dummies.

Hehe, I wish we had Calculus for Dummies. We "just" get a huge 900-page calculus book called, you probably guessed right; Calculus (well, it's Cálculo, in Spanish). I was so damn scared when my math teacher told me we've barely learned about 1.8% of all mathematical knowledge, even after learning integral calculation and planes.

Hehe, I wish we had Calculus for Dummies. We "just" get a huge 900-page calculus book called, you probably guessed right; Calculus (well, it's Cálculo, in Spanish). I was so damn scared when my math teacher told me we've barely learned about 1.8% of all mathematical knowledge, even after learning integral calculation and planes.

Yeah I also had an intro to biology teacher decide to teach us organic chemistry instead without even a textbook just because he wanted to and this was his last semester before retirement and he was the head of the department. The lab teacher had to teach us the biology so we could do the labs because we never even got to a whole organism in the classroom section. My class started with 40 and ended with 6 in it, 5 of whom had to have it and couldn't drop. This is why I think all this emphasis on math and science is crap. Not everyone needs to know how to do this stuff. I needed the calculus, not the ability to calculate energy in organic chemical reactions.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I don't care what 18 year olds or 80 year olds think. I can do that on my own, based upon my own experiences, values, hopes, fears, etc.

Honestly these are kids who think they understand everything through their Civics class and simply listen to their parents too much. 13 and you think you really know the ways to fix things? Bull****. And by the way, I am apart of that generation.

You're right. Obama did raise the debt by 6 trillion. All by himself. Without any help. At all. One man. The biggest spending spree. In history.

I wonder when the boldness of your claims will finally marinate with you people.

Because academia is liberal, they have no clue how to achieve success in the real world. And no conservatives are in the real word not sucking on the tits of teachers unions for a paycheck. Does Bill Ares come into question for you?

No - it's a chime of positivity - being able to vote is something to look forward to - a right of passage, if you will.

You now sound like you got over your snit. Before you said when I turn 18, ****ing go vote, your sarcasm does not empress me. It only showed your immaturity.

You now sound like you got over your snit. Before you said when I turn 18, ****ing go vote, your sarcasm does not empress me. It only showed your immaturity.

Damn, you just call them the way you see them.

I just want to be the first here to nominate you as the real spokesman of the Republican posters here.

Was watching the video waiting for the big reveal. The first hint was the over the top urgency "YOU NEED TO VOTE MY FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT". Then there was protect our borders. Then they got all self righteous about the constitution. It was pretty obvious at that point but they had to just come out and say it "OMG VOTE CONSERVATIVE OR THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BURN". Lmfao.

Yeah I'm sure some bored high school kids got together to make this film, a spontaneous event.

Nice try, lol.

Unfortunately, I would tend to think that there were some "other factors" behind this video, and not just a bunch of innocent teenagers who were really "concerned for our country." I'd be willing to bet that 90% of today's teenagers have no clue about politics, or only know what they hear from their parents. These kids are more interested in American Idol, than politics. They were probably prodded on (or hell...maybe even paid) to participate in that video.

For instance...does anyone know a teenager who honestly wanted to, and watched the entire presidential debate? I'm sure a couple of you might, but for the most part your answer is probably "no."

Back
Top Bottom