• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Vegetarianism/Veganism

today was the hardest day of my life. everything that i saw seemed to be against the rules. i saw a commercial for burger king and then the next one was for kfc. and then a couple later was taco bell. the world is working against me. lol. for breakfast i had cereal and i couldnt take just soy milk. so i added a little bit of whole milk. i was going to go to the store to get some vanilla milk like you told me but then i thaught about it and just added whole milk. lunch was easy but dinner was the hardest. i went to TGI Fridays with my family and its so hard to get something there. i ended up getting a vegetable grill or something. it was the only thing on the meny that i could eat besides the salad. and thats how my day went :mrgreen: .

and by the way im a vegetarian for the week.

gfytt689 said:
today was the hardest day of my life. everything that i saw seemed to be against the rules. i saw a commercial for burger king and then the next one was for kfc. and then a couple later was taco bell. the world is working against me. lol. for breakfast i had cereal and i couldnt take just soy milk. so i added a little bit of whole milk. i was going to go to the store to get some vanilla milk like you told me but then i thaught about it and just added whole milk. lunch was easy but dinner was the hardest. i went to TGI Fridays with my family and its so hard to get something there. i ended up getting a vegetable grill or something. it was the only thing on the meny that i could eat besides the salad. and thats how my day went :mrgreen: .

and by the way im a vegetarian for the week.

Man, taco bell has a million vegetarian things. Seven layer burrito is my fav (86 the cheese and sour cream). And just think of all the calories you saved at TGIF. Every entree is 1000 calories plus except the veggie ones. You should really try vegan, you'll feel better. Promise.

veganism seems to extreme for me. im still trying to avoid eating tofu and soy foods. i already told myself that tomorrow im going to go to burger king and order a veggie burger, but now that you told me about the taco bell stuff i think im going to do that. your way is easier. :mrgreen:

gfytt689 said:
veganism seems to extreme for me. im still trying to avoid eating tofu and soy foods. i already told myself that tomorrow im going to go to burger king and order a veggie burger, but now that you told me about the taco bell stuff i think im going to do that. your way is easier. :mrgreen:

Oh hey wait, hold the phone. The veggie burger kicks *ss. Taco Bell is Taco Bell, know what I mean? Go with the veggie burger. There's always tomorrow for Taco Bell. And if you won't eat soy (dude, you're missing out, tofu is awesome), make sure you eat plenty of beans.

Kelzie said:
Oh hey wait, hold the phone. The veggie burger kicks *ss. Taco Bell is Taco Bell, know what I mean? Go with the veggie burger. There's always tomorrow for Taco Bell. And if you won't eat soy (dude, you're missing out, tofu is awesome), make sure you eat plenty of beans.
ive had tofu and its not bad but ive never had soy. and if food with soy tastes anything like soy milk im not getting it. and i guess ill have the veggie burger if it really is that good. you raised my spirits when you told me that there was an alternate to the veggie burger but whatever i can have both i guess.lol

gfytt689 said:
ive had tofu and its not bad but ive never had soy. and if food with soy tastes anything like soy milk im not getting it. and i guess ill have the veggie burger if it really is that good. you raised my spirits when you told me that there was an alternate to the veggie burger but whatever i can have both i guess.lol

What do you mean food with soy? Like soy beans? Soy beans are good. Very mild bean. Some olive oil and salt...very tasty. I assume you mean soy milk. Not much food out there with that in it, so don't worry. Although try a soy vanilla latte from a coffee place. You can't tell the difference.

yeah i went to starbucks today and had a vanilla cappicino with soy. and i have to be honest ith you that was really good. it was one of the best that ive ever had. i think im always going to put soy in my cappicinos now. and i thaught about the soy and tofu. so tomorrow im going to my cousin and im going to ask her for ecactly what she eats. and ill just eat all that. because the way i see it is if im going to do this i better do it right.

gfytt689 said:
yeah i went to starbucks today and had a vanilla cappicino with soy. and i have to be honest ith you that was really good. it was one of the best that ive ever had. i think im always going to put soy in my cappicinos now. and i thaught about the soy and tofu. so tomorrow im going to my cousin and im going to ask her for ecactly what she eats. and ill just eat all that. because the way i see it is if im going to do this i better do it right.

Good idea. Post tomorrow, tell me how you're day goes.

alright. ill tell you exactly how tomorrow goes. and if you want ill post daily. or whenever you ask me how it went.

gfytt689 said:
alright. ill tell you exactly how tomorrow goes. and if you want ill post daily. or whenever you ask me how it went.

Yeah, you should post daily. Kind of bringing back old times for me. :lol: And than I can help if you're slipping...

i was going to slipp today at tgi fridays. whenever i go there i order a full rack of ribs. and when i saw it on the menu i just told mysekf that its just day one.

gfytt689 said:
i was going to slipp today at tgi fridays. whenever i go there i order a full rack of ribs. and when i saw it on the menu i just told mysekf that its just day one.

:lol: I've slipped a lot on milk stuff...cause it's in freakin everything. But never on meat. Hey you should post what you eat each day too.

alright ill say what i ate everyday, but if i say something that isnt aloud you have to tell me. and can i eat mcdonalds because that isnt real meat.lol

gfytt689 said:
alright ill say what i ate everyday, but if i say something that isnt aloud you have to tell me. and can i eat mcdonalds because that isnt real meat.lol

You're right. Very little muscle tissue at MickyDees. Did you know they are the number one purchaser of cow eye balls in the US? I'll let you draw your own conclusion. Remeber, their burgers are "100% beef".

so your telling me that the big macs that ive grown to love so much are actually cow eye balls. and i take it youve seen super size me. cause that was a good movie but didnt change my mind on mcdonalds. i still eat it. but what you just said effected me more than that entire movie did. all they had to say that mcdonalds is the number one purchaser of cow eyes in the USA and i would have not gone to mcdonalds ever again. and i beleive you but is there a site that you got that from because i want to read it. when i went to iran they have this place called star burger or something like that. and it is a mix of burger king and mcdonalds but they cook it fresh. and it tastes better than mcdonalds. they had whoppers, big macs, and everything else on the menus of those two fast food places, but they made the food better.

Kelzie said:
Hooray! A debate. Ahem. As to the "food chain" belief, aka humans are meant to eat meat:
We are neither herbivores or carnivores. We are omnivores.

Meat-eaters: have claws
Herbivores: no claws
Humans: no claws

Fingernails are a lot closer to claws than hooves. Oh I can see this is gonna be easy. You like to debate don't you Kelzie.

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Ah...canines?

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Because were omnivores.
Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Omnivores.
Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits
Omnivores.
Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Omnivores.
So sorry to take all this out on you, but the vegan forums won't allow trolls (no sense of fun), or people who don't "respect" veganism, so I can't debate with anyone else.
Sounds like a fun bunch.
And then, there's the fact that gorillas, well all great apes, which are our closest animal ancestors are 99% vegan.
And then, there's the fact that chimps regularly hunt down and consume monkeys.

I too like a debate.

Kelzie said:
You're right. Very little muscle tissue at MickyDees. Did you know they are the number one purchaser of cow eye balls in the US? I'll let you draw your own conclusion. Remeber, their burgers are "100% beef".

So that's why McD's has such a unique taste. There's eyes in them there burgers. Thanks a lot. Now I've got a craving for double cheeseburgers.

Once at summer camp as a kid we camped out near a pond. In the morning I, teacher, of the massive brain, taught the other happy campers how to kill frogs with sticks, skin their legs, and cook em up in butter after coating them with crushed up corn flakes, salt and pepper.

I'm betting you wish I hadn't found this thread right about now.

gfytt689 said:

So you're denying yourself something you want? I can see if you didn't like meat.

I had Escargot the other day for an appetizer. The waiters never like it when I order them though. I always say "Gimme a plate full of them there snails".

teacher said:
So you're denying yourself something you want? I can see if you didn't like meat.

I had Escargot the other day for an appetizer. The waiters never like it when I order them though. I always say "Gimme a plate full of them there snails".
i have no idea what you mean by "i can see if you didnt like meat." if you think that i dont like meat your wrong i love it.

gfytt689 said:
i have no idea what you mean by "i can see if you didnt like meat." if you think that i dont like meat your wrong i love it.

What I meant was. I can see not eating meat if you don't like meat. How long have you been......ah.......meatless. Do you feel better? I did three weeks once. The only difference I noticed was I was hungry all the time.

teacher said:
Diet shmiet. Exercise is the key. If your body is running on a cylinders it chews up most anything you put in it.

Not everything...

EnCor-Lasagna says "serves 5"...It should say "serves 5...or cnredd".

Kelzie said:
Hooray! A debate. Ahem. As to the "food chain" belief, aka humans are meant to eat meat:

teacher said:
We are neither herbivores or carnivores. We are omnivores.

Just because we are now, doesn't mean we were meant to.

Kelzie said:
Quote:
Meat-eaters: have claws
Herbivores: no claws
Humans: no claws

teacher said:
Fingernails are a lot closer to claws than hooves. Oh I can see this is gonna be easy. You like to debate don't you Kelzie.

And yet neither fingernail nor hoofs do that much damage. Unnless you have actually shreded some hide with your nails teach, in which case I stand corrected

Kelzie said:
Quote:
Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

teach said:
Ah...canines?

Horses have canines. Are you implying that they are omnivores?

Kelzie said:
Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Because were omnivores.

Quote:
Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Omnivores.

Quote:
Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Omnivores.

Quote:
Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Omnivores.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck...I call duck, not omnivore.

Kelzie said:
So sorry to take all this out on you, but the vegan forums won't allow trolls (no sense of fun), or people who don't "respect" veganism, so I can't debate with anyone else.

teacher said:
Sounds like a fun bunch.

Which is why I now waste all my time here.

Kelzie said:
And then, there's the fact that gorillas, well all great apes, which are our closest animal ancestors are 99% vegan.

teacher said:
And then, there's the fact that chimps regularly hunt down and consume monkeys.

I too like a debate.

No they don't. But I don't blame you for not reading the whol thread. From a website discussing Jane Goodall's findings:

Kelzie said:
As someone else had so correctly pointed out to me, chimps aren't our ancestors. They're more like our cousins. This website details the info Jane Goodall has collected. Of the time chimps spend obtaining food, only 1.4% of it is dedicated to getting meat. And since plants don't fight back, really the vast majority of their food intake is vegetarian. Actually, the site says it better than I can:

"So, given the vanishingly small amount of flesh actually consumed in the average chimp diet, the lack of significant nutritional input supplied by sucking the juice and not swallowing the meat itself, the fact that abundant amounts of proteins and fats are much more readily available in nuts/seeds, the presence of undigested meat in feces, the overwhelming evidence is that chimp flesh-eating is merely a SOCIAL pathology, as it is in the human. The argument that chimp flesh-eating implies that humans "should" or have a "need" for flesh is seen to be totally absurd, and absolutely insupportable by the facts."

Got any more?

And ps. I too believe that frog legs and snails are very tasty. Just don't eat em. Well, I'd probably eat snails if they weren't in butter. I squish spiders all the time...seems a little hypocritical not to eat snails. And your frog hunting story doesn't scare me. I used to rip live lobsters in half by the dozens for my job...after I tore their claws off of course...

Last edited:
gfytt689 said:
so your telling me that the big macs that ive grown to love so much are actually cow eye balls. and i take it youve seen super size me. cause that was a good movie but didnt change my mind on mcdonalds. i still eat it. but what you just said effected me more than that entire movie did. all they had to say that mcdonalds is the number one purchaser of cow eyes in the USA and i would have not gone to mcdonalds ever again. and i beleive you but is there a site that you got that from because i want to read it. when i went to iran they have this place called star burger or something like that. and it is a mix of burger king and mcdonalds but they cook it fresh. and it tastes better than mcdonalds. they had whoppers, big macs, and everything else on the menus of those two fast food places, but they made the food better.

No, turns out I was misinformed. Probably by a damn vegan. Found out that cow eyeballs are rather expensive. McDonalds would never waste their money on them.

Kelzie said:
Just because we are now, doesn't mean we were meant to.

No. I got to tell you. I'd die without meat. And doesn't mean we weren't meant to either. Ha.

And yet neither fingernail nor hoofs do that much damage. Unnless you have actually shreded some hide with your nails teach, in which case I stand corrected

Just stand back and look. Which are our nails more similar to. Hooves or claws? I win. Here wait a minute I got to get up and do a little dance.

Horses have canines. Are you implying that they are omnivores?
Yea, but horses can't make big sledgehammers to kill cows with so they can eat them. Time to dance.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck...I call duck, not omnivore.

Duck is one of the few meats I don't like. Used to have a pet duck. I named her Howard. Of course I didn't know she was a girl when I named her. Until the eggs came. Which of course, I ate.

Which is why I now waste all my time here.

Debating me is a waste of time? Talk like that will get you top tened.

No they don't. But I don't blame you for not reading the whol thread. From a website discussing Jane Goodall's findings:

I tried a little but damn, it's about not eating meat. And just saw a new nature show the other day about meat eating chimps. No lie. Much more popular amoung chimps than previously thought. Really.

Got any more?
Chinese people eat the brains of live monkeys.

And ps. I too believe that frog legs and snails are very tasty. Just don't eat em. Well, I'd probably eat snails if they weren't in butter. I squish spiders all the time...seems a little hypocritical not to eat snails. And your frog hunting story doesn't scare me. I used to rip live lobsters in half by the dozens for my job...after I tore their claws off of course...

So what you're trying to tell me is you're going to hell, you brute. Okay how about this. My son used to eat worms to freak his sisters out. And I can eat my weight in Bacon in one week. I used to have a pet Tarantula also. Her name was xiezhe.

Back
Top Bottom