• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Vegetarianism/Veganism

alright i said ill say everything i ate today so i will. for breakfast i had toast. for luch i went to boston market and had the side order meal. i think its called that, but anyway i had corn, mashed potatoes, and spinach. for dinner i had spagetti and thats it.

gfytt689 said:
alright i said ill say everything i ate today so i will. for breakfast i had toast. for luch i went to boston market and had the side order meal. i think its called that, but anyway i had corn, mashed potatoes, and spinach. for dinner i had spagetti and thats it.

Oh no. You didn't have a single source of protein all day? You need to eat some beans or tofu or something. And eat more for breakfast. My breakfast is a big bowl of oatmeal made with vanilla soy milk with bananas on top, with another piece of fruit.

i had some peanuts but thats just a snack. from now on ill add snacks too. everything i ate all day.

Since I talked a little bit a smack, now I have to back it up...

teacher said:
No. I got to tell you. I'd die without meat. And doesn't mean we weren't meant to either. Ha.

No you wouldn't. And if we can live without meat, why would you think we were meant to eat it? Consider: we can't live without air, we were meant to breathe it; we can't live without water, we were meant to drink it; we can't live without sleeping, we were meant to sleep.

teacher said:
Just stand back and look. Which are our nails more similar to. Hooves or claws? I win. Here wait a minute I got to get up and do a little dance.

Well really, neither. Fact still remains that human nails can't do any real damage. You'd think if we were meant to eat meat they would...

teacher said:
Yea, but horses can't make big sledgehammers to kill cows with so they can eat them. Time to dance.

And how would you kill a cow without tools? You raelize that if humans were meant to eat meat, we could kill an animal without any tools, just like every other carnivore/omnivore can.

teacher said:
Duck is one of the few meats I don't like. Used to have a pet duck. I named her Howard. Of course I didn't know she was a girl when I named her. Until the eggs came. Which of course, I ate.

I was okay with duck. Especially if it was medium rare. Pain in the ass to cook though.

teacher said:
Debating me is a waste of time? Talk like that will get you top tened.

Really, this site doesn't accomplish much. I mean I don't make any money coming here. Doesn't help me train for the Ironman. I look at it a lot like interactive television. Kind of a way to blow off steam. And I would never say debating you was a waste of time.;)

teacher said:
I tried a little but damn, it's about not eating meat. And just saw a new nature show the other day about meat eating chimps. No lie. Much more popular amoung chimps than previously thought. Really.

I believe Jane Goodall.

teacher said:
Chinese people eat the brains of live monkeys.

Huh. A la The Red Dragon? Or does that just refer to really fresh monkey brain?

teacher said:
So what you're trying to tell me is you're going to hell, you brute. Okay how about this. My son used to eat worms to freak his sisters out. And I can eat my weight in Bacon in one week. I used to have a pet Tarantula also. Her name was xiezhe.

Oh, there are so many things I will be going to hell for before that...How exactly does one pronounce xiezhe? Is it true that if you drop a tarantula they shatter?

alright today i had cereal with soy milk for breakfast. Lunch i had this iranian food with beans in it. i dont know what its called. for dinner i had vegetable fried rice. i like it. maybe even more than the chicken fried rice.;)

gfytt689 said:
alright today i had cereal with soy milk for breakfast. Lunch i had this iranian food with beans in it. i dont know what its called. for dinner i had vegetable fried rice. i like it. maybe even more than the chicken fried rice.;)

Bravo. Sounds like a healthy day. How was the soy milk? How are you feeling?

Kelzie said:
Bravo. Sounds like a healthy day. How was the soy milk? How are you feeling?
soy milk was good. im starting to like it. not as much as normal milk but its good. but today was easy. i think today was the easiest day.exept the second i woke up i went downstairs and my sister is there eating a big mac. and she got one for me too. oh my god i thaught u was going to quit right there. but i didnt. and then tonight my dad got the chalupa meal from taco bell. that was hard too. but if it was the first day i would have gave up. but for some reason it felt easy to resist. i think that guy from "super size me" was right. there is a three day hump.:mrgreen:

Kelzie said:
Since I talked a little bit a smack, now I have to back it up...

No you wouldn't. And if we can live without meat, why would you think we were meant to eat it? Consider: we can't live without air, we were meant to breathe it; we can't live without water, we were meant to drink it; we can't live without sleeping, we were meant to sleep.
Oh yea, foam at the mouth, keel over, go into cunvulsion and die.

Well really, neither. Fact still remains that human nails can't do any real damage. You'd think if we were meant to eat meat they would...
There's been times my back....

And how would you kill a cow without tools? You raelize that if humans were meant to eat meat, we could kill an animal without any tools, just like every other carnivore/omnivore can.

Break it's legs with front legs side kicks until it's down, then strangle it.

Really, this site doesn't accomplish much. I mean I don't make any money coming here. Doesn't help me train for the Ironman. I look at it a lot like interactive television. Kind of a way to blow off steam. And I would never say debating you was a waste of time.;)

Helps my computer skills and typing and hones my political arguments. And I enjoy doing TT's.

I believe Jane Goodall.

It's was a recent show by David Attenbourough.
Huh. A la The Red Dragon? Or does that just refer to really fresh monkey brain?
No, live, I saw the video, want me to decribe in detail?

Oh, there are so many things I will be going to hell for before that...How exactly does one pronounce xiezhe? Is it true that if you drop a tarantula they shatter?

No, they splatter, a friend dropped mine.

Pronounced, Shyea-ju.

teacher said:
Oh yea, foam at the mouth, keel over, go into cunvulsion and die

And the reason that I have gone 10+ months without meat and none of the above has happened to me is because...? I would say it's cause I have more will power, but that might get me top tened. Or at least threatened with it...:mrgreen:

teacher said:
There's been times my back....

And there's been times I've done it to a back...;) Didn't require stitches or anything...and it would if oh, say a tiger scratched your back. Not that you'd really be in that situation with a tiger. Well, I'd hope not.

teacher said:
Break it's legs with front legs side kicks until it's down, then strangle it.

:rofl I'm sorry, I just have to take a minute here. Okay better now. Why not hook kicks? Or flying side kicks? That's more powerful anyway. And than you'd have the element of surprise, which you'd definely need if you were kicking a 2000 pound bull in the legs...

teacher said:
Helps my computer skills and typing and hones my political arguments. And I enjoy doing TT's.

Yeah but when have you been in a situation where finally honed political skills are necessary?

teacher said:
It's was a recent show by David Attenbourough.

I still believe Jane Goodall

teacher said:
No, live, I saw the video, want me to decribe in detail?

I'm not one of those vegans. I will admit that meat tastes good. I won't make myself throw up if I accidently eat chicken broth. I don't go to PETA rallies. Kind of curious now. Did they actually kill the monkey first?

teacher said:
No, they splatter, a friend dropped mine.

Pronounced, Shyea-ju.

I'm sorry. I think we should all take a moment for Shyea-ju.

alright today i skipped breakfast. lunch i had rice with some veggies on top. dinner i had rice with lima beans and other stuff on top. and for a midnight snack i went to taco bell and got a bean burrito. mmm. yummy

Kelzie said:

And the reason that I have gone 10+ months without meat and none of the above has happened to me is because...? I would say it's cause I have more will power, but that might get me top tened. Or at least threatened with it...:mrgreen:

Back when I was 18 I tied going vegie. Good diet. Protien and amino acid suplemants. No difference in my physical performance or anything. Just hungry all the time. Did three weeks.

:rofl I'm sorry, I just have to take a minute here. Okay better now. Why not hook kicks? Or flying side kicks? That's more powerful anyway. And than you'd have the element of surprise, which you'd definely need if you were kicking a 2000 pound bull in the legs...

San Chuan Dao side kick. My most powerful kick. Bull? Only if I were really hungy. And wait till their sleeping. If I can break a 4x4 I can break a cow leg.

Yeah but when have you been in a situation where finally honed political skills are necessary?
When ever I'm around someone who says things like, "I can't believe anyone's stupid enough to vote for Bush". And also being informed is good for that little voting thing.

I still believe Jane Goodall
I was just saying it might be more like 5-10%.

I'm not one of those vegans. I will admit that meat tastes good. I won't make myself throw up if I accidently eat chicken broth. I don't go to PETA rallies. Kind of curious now. Did they actually kill the monkey first?

You asked. They secure the monkey in the middle of a table with a hole in the middle. Just the head sticks up. They cut around the top of the skull just deep enough to go through the bone. Take top of skull off. Understandably the monkeys going ape shi*t the hole time. Grab your chop sticks and dig in. No lie.

I'm sorry. I think we should all take a moment for Shyea-ju.

She was a good tempered spider. Good icebreaker with the ladies when you're walking down the barracks hallway with a spider on your shoulder. Like a puppy only macho.

gfytt689 said:
alright today i skipped breakfast. lunch i had rice with some veggies on top. dinner i had rice with lima beans and other stuff on top. and for a midnight snack i went to taco bell and got a bean burrito. mmm. yummy

Sounds decent. Although skipping breakfast is bad.

Kelzie said:
Sounds decent. Although skipping breakfast is bad.

i woke up 30 minutes before i had to go to work and im a pool teacher so i couldnt eat then go to inside a pool. it didnt seem smart:mrgreen:

teacher said:
Back when I was 18 I tied going vegie. Good diet. Protien and amino acid suplemants. No difference in my physical performance or anything. Just hungry all the time. Did three weeks.

Eat enough fiber?

teacher said:
San Chuan Dao side kick. My most powerful kick. Bull? Only if I were really hungy. And wait till their sleeping. If I can break a 4x4 I can break a cow leg.

And than, provided that once you sneak up on it and break it's legs, you are actually able to strangle a cow, you do you propose eating it with no tools? Leather's pretty tough to bite through...

teacher said:
When ever I'm around someone who says things like, "I can't believe anyone's stupid enough to vote for Bush". And also being informed is good for that little voting thing.

There's a difference between being informed and honing your debate skills. I could stay very well informed for a fraction of the time I spend here. But than, I wouldn't get to debate you teach, would I?;)

teacher said:
I was just saying it might be more like 5-10%.

I still believe Jane Goodall. As far as I'm concerned, she is the final authority on all things monkey.

teacher said:
You asked. They secure the monkey in the middle of a table with a hole in the middle. Just the head sticks up. They cut around the top of the skull just deep enough to go through the bone. Take top of skull off. Understandably the monkeys going ape shi*t the hole time. Grab your chop sticks and dig in. No lie.

Huh. I had cow brain once. Not very tasty. I guess whatever tickles your pickle.

teacher said:
She was a good tempered spider. Good icebreaker with the ladies when you're walking down the barracks hallway with a spider on your shoulder. Like a puppy only macho.

I'd rather have the guy with the puppy...but than, I don't know. If it was you with a spider...

*looks around nervously for Naughty Nurse*

gfytt689 said:
i woke up 30 minutes before i had to go to work and im a pool teacher so i couldnt eat then go to inside a pool. it didnt seem smart:mrgreen:

Guess that makes sense...Hey how many laps is 2.4 miles?

Kelzie said:
Eat enough fiber?
Breads and cereals.

And than, provided that once you sneak up on it and break it's legs, you are actually able to strangle a cow, you do you propose eating it with no tools? Leather's pretty tough to bite through...
Suck out the eyes, eat the tounge, move on to the next cow. I've caught a trout, possum, 4' wild iguana, and various other critters bare handed.I'm just like that crocidile guy, I catch things, name them all Gus (which makes them official my pet)love them, and let them go. I snuck up to 20 yards away from a deer in waist high grass once. Took 1 1/2 hours. My Aunt as a witness.

There's a difference between being informed and honing your debate skills. I could stay very well informed for a fraction of the time I spend here. But than, I wouldn't get to debate you teach, would I?;)
I don't learn a damn thing here. well that the temperature the water has it's smallest volume is 4 degrees. You know you and I were the only one right about that? Really, I always did wonder that. And that bumbershoot is an American word. And how to copy and paste. And save favorites. And how not to get banned. And that I am as nuts as I thought. And that Gandi is a soldier of fortune. That libs are more easily insulted. And I'm better than ever at the WTC thing. I have followed that a long time. That the majoraty of teens are snots. I think I,m the first to use my sig as a message board you can't get away from. That Pez is not as popular as I thought. That galenrox is banging my mom. Okay, I learn stuff.

I still believe Jane Goodall. As far as I'm concerned, she is the final authority on all things monkey.
Your talking to the guy with a monkey army remember, and several monkey TT's, and a monkey in my sig, and your gonna go with some chick in the woods?

Huh. I had cow brain once. Not very tasty. I guess whatever tickles your pickle.
Only if I were really hungry.

I'd rather have the guy with the puppy...but than, I don't know. If it was you with a spider...

*looks around nervously for Naughty Nurse*
He'll come over here and.....rearrange your furniture.

Kelzie said:
Guess that makes sense...Hey how many laps is 2.4 miles?
i honestly have no idea :). i teach kids how to swim not race.

teacher said:
What's your fastest mile. Mines 21 min in a pool it took a hundred laps. Last sunday I did 4 minutes static apnea. Love swimming.

Me too.:smile: Just started again though. I was running a lot before that, but I broke my foot a couple months ago (or so I think) and it still hurts, so out with the running. I'm training for the Ironman. That's my 4-year goal anyway. And than I'm going to get the tattoo. Seriously, do you know who many laps 2.4 miles is. Suppose I could figure it out if you don't know off the top of your head.

gfytt689 said:
i honestly have no idea :). i teach kids how to swim not race.
Do I have to do everything myself around here:mrgreen:

169 25-yard laps in case anyone was interested.

God I have a long way to go.

Kelzie said:
Me too.:smile: Just started again though. I was running a lot before that, but I broke my foot a couple months ago (or so I think) and it still hurts, so out with the running. I'm training for the Ironman. That's my 4-year goal anyway. And than I'm going to get the tattoo. Seriously, do you know who many laps 2.4 miles is. Suppose I could figure it out if you don't know off the top of your head.

My idea of a triathalon....

a) getting off of the sofa
b) walking to my car
c) driving 1 lap for smokes

My time is improving...last time I got home 4 minutes before the delivery
guy got there with my cheesesteak.

cnredd said:
My idea of a triathalon....

a) getting off of the sofa
b) walking to my car
c) driving 1 lap for smokes

My time is improving...last time I got home 4 minutes before the delivery
guy got there with my cheesesteak.

:applaud Damn, that's immpressive. You HAVE to be a professional. What was your training schedule like? Any pointers for me?

okay for breakfast i had toast with some peanut butter. i had my first veggie burger today for lunch. and for dinner i had rice with some veggies. i think i had a good day.

gfytt689 said:
okay for breakfast i had toast with some peanut butter. i had my first veggie burger today for lunch. and for dinner i had rice with some veggies. i think i had a good day.

Sounds pretty good. How are you feeling energy wise? The veggie burger kicks ass huh?:lol:

veggie burgers arent as good as meat but it is preety good. i bought the veggie burger from burder king and when i was there iy was full of people eating meat and all these pictures of hamburgers were on the wall. i wanted a hamburger so badly. so i just quickly walked up to the machine ( the burger kings where i live dont have cashiers anymore there are just computers) and i ordered a veggie burger meal.
then for dinner we went to my uncles house because its my cousins birthday and they had hotdogs and hamburgers and steak. i seriously almost gave up. i walked up to the hotdogs and said "screw this bet i cant take this anymore". and i put the hotdag on a bun and onto my plate. but the second i sat down to eat it i realized that i dont want to eat it. because if i would have ate that hotdog then i wouldnt have done it. so i gave the hotdog to my dad and took some rice and potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom