• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US to sign historic deal with Taliban, Trump announces, beginning end of US war in Afghanistan and w

You might want to make sure that you pay attention to the actual terms

The deal says all foreign troops will leave if the Taliban stop jihadist groups such as Al-Qaeda and Islamic State using the country as a base to plot attacks against Washington and its allies.

But even that requirement is loosely-worded, with the deal stating only that the Taliban must send a "clear message" that those threatening the West "have no place in Afghanistan".
(emphasis added)
[SOURCE]

Of COURSE, the US has the right to abrogate "The Deal" if one of the parties doesn't abide by it (or even if Mr. Trump simply feels like abrogating it).

And what would the US be required to do if it was the "legal government of Afghanistan" that failed to comply with the terms?

Would Mr. Trump feel compelled to abandon "The Deal" and re-start the war in support of the "legal government of Afghanistan" breaching the terms of "The Deal"?

Except no, they weren’t. The founding fathers didn’t round up and slaughter British or Tory civilians en masse.

Quite right, the Founding Fathers (personally) didn't "round up and slaughter" anyone. Not only that, "The Patriots" didn't "round up and slaughter" anyone "en masse" either. Of course those who followed the lead of the Founding Fathers DID "round up and slaughter" British or Tory civilians - they just didn't do it "en masse".

PS - Since the terms "terrorist" and "terrorism" originated during the French Revolution (May 5, 1789 – Nov. 9, 1799) it would not be very likely that the Founding Fathers would actually be (at the time) considered to be "terrorists" ("traitors", yes, but "terrorists", no) since the American Revolution (1765 – 1783) had ended before the terms came in to currency.

“Freedom”

Trying to pretend the Taliban are fighting for “freedom” is particularly ludicrous.....and no, Patriots and Tories did not randomly round up each other’s civilians and slaughter them en masse.

People on the left simply refuse to understand that just because a group of insurgents is fighting the West, it doesn’t make their actions justified.

The Afghans want "the freedom to be Afghans", they do NOT want "the freedom to be something that they don't want to be forced down their throats".

Would you or I like to be an Afghan - I seriously doubt it.

Would you or I like to have "the freedom to be something that we don't want to be forced down our throats" - I seriously doubt it.

People like you simply refuse to understand that just because "THEY" do not want to be what "WE" want them to be, it doesn't make "OUR" actions in attempting to force them to be what "WE" want them to be justified.

Maybe because they contacted us?!?

"... when the Taliban signaled interest in pursuing peace and ending their relationship with al-Qaida and other foreign terrorist groups.[/B] ..."

Secretary Michael R. Pompeo At Afghanistan Signing Ceremony - United States Department of State

Those "weasel words" could well apply to a situation where the Taliban finally stopped ignoring American overtures (that had become increasingly desperate?) seeking a face saving way for the US to get out of Afghanistan.

I don't say that that is the only possibility, but it is one that can NOT be ruled out.

They approached El Salvador to promise an end to their hostility and guess what it backfired....you do not negotiate with terrorists

Other than from internal Irish sources, do you know from which country the greatest financial support for the IRA (which the US government DID list as a terrorist group) came?

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

They're terrorists.

Not according to the US government.

They murdered children and women in their streets for showing their face or going to school

Totally irrelevant as far as the US government is concerned.

However, IF (for the sake of argument) the Taliban in Afghanistan ARE "terrorists", THEN should Mr. Trump be impeached and removed from office for "giving aid and comfort to terrorists"?

And, IF (for the sake of argument) the Taliban in Afghanistan ARE "terrorists", THEN should the United States of America increase its military forces in Afghanistan to the point where American military forces have brought the Taliban to battle and completely defeated the Taliban (read as "killed them all [and their supporters {and those who might become their supporters <and anyone who might possibly support someone who might become their supporters - PLUS anyone who just might possibly come close to falling into any of those categories and who cannot prove that they won't->}]")?

Um, MS13 aren't Mexicans...I sure hope you were being sarcastic

Of course they are Mexicans.

They are gang members and everyone knows that all gang members are Mexicans and everyone knows that all of the illegal immigrants are Mexicans and everyone knows that all Mexicans are murdering rapist drug dealers and everyone knows that that is true because Mr. Trump said that everyone knows that.

I mean, just look at the names

• MS13

• Mexican

can't you see the similarities? Why not? Everyone else can. Is it because you are a M...?

There's no good way to end the war, so end it.

Since the result would be the same, imagine the saved lives if they had done that years ago?

It's just like Vietnam. When we pulled out finally '73, the result would have been the same had we pulled out in the 60s, the north takes over the south, the only difference being that thousands of soldiers who died would still be alive, or not have their limbs blown off, etc.

However, South Vietnam didn 't have a nearby Pakistan that needed protection, given it's nukes.

So, how does pulling out factor in Pakistan?

It will take years for the US to withdraw since we will stay on and train their military and police/security forces..Trump is just trying to look good for his reelection campaign.

Afghan war veteran and NY democrat Max Rose agrees that Trumps plan of diplomacy is the correct plans. He fears that other democrats will oppose anything Trump, even if it harms the US.

As long as they don't forbid things like dancing, cutting your beard, teaching girls to read and most importantly teaching sexually frustrated young Arab men to fly planes into skyscrapers, I don't give a crap. They can have their sand country back.

America's longer war should have ended 15 years ago. At least.

The troops we are leaving there are a speed bump to make sure the Taliban don't try to kick the non-Pashtuns around again.

Pakistan has nukes. How does that factor in the equation?

Of course they are Mexicans.

They are gang members and everyone knows that all gang members are Mexicans and everyone knows that all of the illegal immigrants are Mexicans and everyone knows that all Mexicans are murdering rapist drug dealers and everyone knows that that is true because Mr. Trump said that everyone knows that.

I mean, just look at the names

• MS13

• Mexican

can't you see the similarities? Why not? Everyone else can. Is it because you are a M...?

And they speak the Mexican language , end of argument :)

The same people who will cheer Trump on for this would have torn Obama apart for even suggesting such a thing. Trump proves racism is a powerful tool when you understand the racists.

What does racism have to do with it? It's a political ideology that's at steak. I realize you are correct if you were referring to Hannity as more the racist but I'm not Hannity...Just like you aren't AOC, right??

Besides, I don't think the US is gonna pull out of Afghanistan any time soon if the military has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
Pakistan has nukes. How does that factor in the equation?

Side note:Is probably why Trump and the US sold India all those weapons...Pakistan.

WHAT will be known as the Trump surrender? What in Hades are you talking about?
The surrender to the Taliban will live on as America's greatest shame in history.

Back
Top Bottom