• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US to sign historic deal with Taliban, Trump announces, beginning end of US war in Afghanistan and w

I want us to finish the job we started. We committed and only cowards tuck tail and run. My son didn't go and become disabled for us to run away.

It probably would help if you defined "the job we started" first.

Not a single one of the hijackers were Afghans.

Thanks you for letting me know.

They all trained or traveled to Afghanistan. We need to make sure no training/recruitment camps reopen after we leave.

They all trained or traveled to Afghanistan. We need to make sure no training/recruitment camps reopen after we leave.

Because there's no where else for terrorists to train, right? No places in say, Yemen, or Iraq, or Syria, or North Africa?

I want us to finish the job we started. We committed and only cowards tuck tail and run. My son didn't go and become disabled for us to run away.

So you are sending your kid back to Afghanistan to continue the fight right.. Or do you just expect other families to bear that burden.

I have 4 rotations to Afghanistan. How many more should my family have to put up with.

Not a single one of the hijackers were Afghans.

Please tell me what significance that is.

Was AQ not headquarteres in Afghanistan. Was the Taliban not protecting AQ.

Please tell me what significance that is.

Was AQ not headquarteres in Afghanistan. Was the Taliban not protecting AQ.

And AQ was supported by members of the Saudi government. When are we going to go after them?

Because there's no where else for terrorists to train, right? No places in say, Yemen, or Iraq, or Syria, or North Africa?

So we should just allow a county to support terrorist whose goal is to attack the US go unmolested because they might find another country willing to support them.

So we should just allow a county to support terrorist whose goal is to attack the US go unmolested because they might find another country willing to support them.

No, of course not. Where in my post did I say that?

The argument that we need to stay in Afghanistan because it might become a safe haven loses weight once you realize that terrorists have already found other places to plan and prepare terrorist attacks from.

And AQ was supported by members of the Saudi government. When are we going to go after them?

Lets see your evidence that the Saudi government supported AQ.
Random members of an entire government doing something mean almost nothing.

Some members of the US government supported the IRA. Does that mean the US supported them.

Lets see your evidence that the Saudi government supported AQ.
Random members of an entire government doing something mean almost nothing.

Except they don't mean "almost nothing". A high ranking member of a government supporting a terrorist organization is a problem regardless of how you want to try to spin it. The fact that the US government is involved in trying to suppress information related to Saudi involvement in 9/11 is also troublesome.

Some members of the US government supported the IRA. Does that mean the US supported them.

Interesting argument. Would you say the US supported the Contras as well?

No, of course not. Where in my post did I say that?

The argument that we need to stay in Afghanistan because it might become a safe haven loses weight once you realize that terrorists have already found other places to plan and prepare terrorist attacks from.

You seem to be confused. Where did I say we should stay Afghanistan. Oh thats right. No where. You just made that up.

I have always thought the moment we didnt build a coalition government at the very same time we we driving the Taliban out back in the initial invasion that there was no real chance for that country.

We had one opportunity and we blew it because the US government was to interested in playing whack a mole and not UW.

You seem to be confused. Where did I say we should stay Afghanistan. Oh thats right. No where. You just made that up.

The person I was replying to was on that line of thinking. Your desperation to play the victim is showing.

We had one opportunity and we blew it because the US government was to interested in playing whack a mole and not UW.

On that you'll get no disagreement from me.

Except they don't mean "almost nothing". A high ranking member of a government supporting a terrorist organization is a problem regardless of how you want to try to spin it. The fact that the US government is involved in trying to suppress information related to Saudi involvement in 9/11 is also troublesome.

Interesting argument. Would you say the US supported the Contras as well?
The fact that you can't separate actual foreign policy and individual actions is rather surprising.
I thought you were better then that.

And yes the US supported the contrast as that was an official policy even if a secret one. Not random people acting on their own.

The person I was replying to was on that line of thinking. Your desperation to play the victim is showing.

On that you'll get no disagreement from me.
I responded to a post that quoted me. So I was the one you were replying to. Nice try at dishonest games though.

The fact that you can't separate actual foreign policy and individual actions is rather surprising.

The fact that you think that makes it okay says a lot.

The fact that you think that makes it okay says a lot.
Yes how dare I not hold am entire government responsible for the actions of a few individuals. I notice you want to avoid US government supporung the IRA but somehow that is different.

What is your point?

You quoted me and I responded. That is a fact. Sorry if you don't like that.

I was originally quoting someone else and you decided to jump on. You can stop lying now.

Yes how dare I not hold am entire government responsible for the actions of a few individuals. I notice you want to avoid US government supporung the IRA but somehow that is different.

Lol so it was a just a few bad apples in senior levels of the Saudi government who were involved, no big deal.

Are we going to start intervening in all those countries now?

If they set up terrorist camps and start training folks to attack us, then yes, we should intervene.

Back
Top Bottom