• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US to sign historic deal with Taliban, Trump announces, beginning end of US war in Afghanistan and w

The surrender to the Taliban will live on as America's greatest shame in history.

If you Europeans hate the Taliban so much then why dont you send in millions of your troops over there? Oh wait, I forgot- most of Western Europe doesnt even want to pay for their NATO commitments and beg America for help against Russia.

If you Europeans hate the Taliban so much then why dont you send in millions of your troops over there? Oh wait, I forgot- most of Western Europe doesnt even want to pay for their NATO commitments and beg America for help against Russia.
Afghanistan is of no concern to ordinary Europeans.

Your headline is slightly misleading

The agreed “reduction in violence” expired on Saturday, but US officials had expressed hope it would be prolonged. The Afghan president, Ashraf Ghani, committed to extending it at least until the scheduled start date for intra-Afghan talks, 10 March.

Those talks appeared to be in jeopardy on Monday, as the Kabul government said it had not agreed to the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners before the negotiations started, an offer made by the US as part of its agreement with the insurgent.
[SOURCE]

since there was NO commitment for any "ending of violence" past last Saturday.

You might look at this latest incident as sort of a "Unless you get off your butt and agree, this sort of thing is going to continue to happen." message.

The same people who will cheer Trump on for this would have torn Obama apart for even suggesting such a thing. Trump proves racism is a powerful tool when you understand the racists.

So you like what Trump is doing.

Yeah, well that went as expected.

Quite right. When there is no agreement to "reduce violence" in place (and the agreement expired last Saturday) it is quite rational to expect that there would NOT be any "reduction in violence".

You do know that the US is NOT the highest per capita contributor to the actual costs of NATO, don't you? You do know that eight NATO countries make a higher per capita contribution to the actual costs of NATO than the US does, don't you? You do know that the US is NOT the highest (in terms of percentage of GDP) contributor to the actual costs of NATO, don't you?

Of course they are Mexicans.

They are gang members and everyone knows that all gang members are Mexicans and everyone knows that all of the illegal immigrants are Mexicans and everyone knows that all Mexicans are murdering rapist drug dealers and everyone knows that that is true because Mr. Trump said that everyone knows that.

I mean, just look at the names

• MS13

• Mexican

can't you see the similarities? Why not? Everyone else can. Is it because you are a M...?

MS stands for mara Salvatrucha

I don't know. Pakistan's nukes are pointed at India, not Afghanistan.

Not the point:

What if the taliban or some terrorist group takes over pakistan and gets the nukes?

I guess it's not likely since Pakistan has a 550k strong military

Just thinking out loud.

After a week-long deal to reduce violence across Afghanistan, the U.S. and the Taliban are set to sign a historic agreement Saturday that would see U.S. troops start to withdraw, according to a statement issued Friday afternoon by President Donald Trump.
"Soon, at my direction, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will witness the signing of an agreement with representatives of the Taliban, while Secretary of Defense Mark Esper will issue a joint declaration with the government of Afghanistan. If the Taliban and the government of Afghanistan live up to these commitments, we will have a powerful path forward to end the war in Afghanistan and bring our troops home," Trump said.

US to sign historic deal with Taliban, Trump announces, beginning end of US war in Afghanistan and withdrawal of American troops

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Mission accomplished! Now the Taliban will never be a problem—the War on Terror is won!

Did MS13 approach us and offer to end their "terrorism"?

I see you've got nothing to say about the end of the Irish Republican Army terrorist group ... (smile).

The point is that if MS13 did, the administration would accept dialogue and peace agreements by the standards being set. Probably best not to legitimize terrorists or gang members with no goal other than drug dealing or theocratic regimes.

The IRA were nationalists who wanted independence from the British and committed acts seen as terroristic. The Taliban are religious fundamentalists who blow up statues and ban girls from attending school. MS13 chops off your head for not coming back with the right amount of change on a drug deal.

Your ignorance and conflation of these 3 groups is mindblowing. The QAnon is strong in your posts. Keep twisting yourself into pretzels to defend what Trump does.

Я Баба Яга [emoji328]

Last edited:
The Taliban should NEVER have power anywhere again

So I take it you are signing up to go fight them.

Sorry I am tired of seeing my teammates killed over there.

This will be known as the Trump Surrender.

How many deployments do you have to Afghanistan.

Just kidding I know the only reason you care about Afghanistan at is is you can use it to attack what you see as your enemy.

Rather pathetic. But it is what it is.

So I take it you are signing up to go fight them.

Sorry I am tired of seeing my teammates killed over there.

My son already did and he's a 100% disabled combat vet. I'm too old to sign up and they don't take anyone with a serious long deficiency

The point is that if MS13 did, the administration would accept dialogue and peace agreements by the standards being set. Probably best not to legitimize terrorists or gang members with no goal other than drug dealing or theocratic regimes.
The IRA were nationalists who wanted independence from the British and committed acts seen as terroristic. The Taliban are religious fundamentalists who blow up statues and ban girls from attending school. MS13 chops off your head for not coming back with the right amount of change on a drug deal.
Your ignorance and conflation of these 3 groups is mindblowing. The QAnon is strong in your posts. Keep twisting yourself into pretzels to defend what Trump does.

Don't make yourself sound even more stupid. ClaraD brought MS13 into the conversation.

Whether a terrorist organization chops off heads or blows up people, there is no difference: they both are terrorists.

"It was estimated that, between 1969 and 1994, the IRA killed about 1,800 people, including approximately 600 civilians."

Don't make yourself sound even more stupid. ClaraD brought MS13 into the conversation.

Whether a terrorist organization chops off heads or blows up people, there is no difference: they both are terrorists.

"It was estimated that, between 1969 and 1994, the IRA killed about 1,800 people, including approximately 600 civilians."

Lmao, the MS13 and Taliban kill that many in a year but you want to talk about a paramilitary nationalist groups that no longer exists just so you can support Trump. I wish I could pay lip service to the Taliban like you do.

Another brilliant post by Barnacle.

Я Баба Яга [emoji328]

MS stands for mara Salvatrucha

So what? Salvatorans, Mexicans, or any other type of "Gre**er", they are all "Mexicans" as far as all patriotic, right-thinking, patriotic, hard working, patriotic, honest, patriotic, real, patriotic, true, patriotic, conservative, patriotic, Christian, patriotic, White, patriotic, American, patriotic, patriots are concerned.

[The above form of "Internet Rebuttal" has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]

The same people who will cheer Trump on for this would have torn Obama apart for even suggesting such a thing. Trump proves racism is a powerful tool when you understand the racists.

Which is why he had to be shamed into doing the right thing after Charlottesville.

They IRA hasn't existed since I was quite a bit younger. The MS 13 has killed far more than 1800 and so has the Taliban. Both together have probably been responsible for nearly a million murders worldwide.

My son already did and he's a 100% disabled combat vet. I'm too old to sign up and they don't take anyone with a serious long deficiency

But you want other people's sons and daughters to keep going over there to get messed up or killed.

No thanks.

But you want other people's sons and daughters to keep going over there to get messed up or killed.

No thanks.

I want us to finish the job we started. We committed and only cowards tuck tail and run. My son didn't go and become disabled for us to run away.

They IRA hasn't existed since I was quite a bit younger. The MS 13 has killed far more than 1800 and so has the Taliban. Both together have probably been responsible for nearly a million murders worldwide.

Did you know that the statement "The US government and the Taliban together have probably been responsible for nearly a million murders worldwide." is just as true as your "(MS13 and the Taliban) together have probably been responsible for nearly a million murders worldwide.".

Did you know that the statement "The militant vegansand the Taliban together have probably been responsible for nearly a million murders worldwide." is just as true as your "(MS13 and the Taliban) together have probably been responsible for nearly a million murders worldwide.".

Back
Top Bottom