• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Circumcision Rate Falls to 33%

I was circumcised as an infant and I'm glad I was. I say let the parents decide on what they want to do. My son is also circumcised.

If I ever have a son I will have it done. Little kids are grimey constantly and the easier it is to clean them the better, and the way I look at it, when your older the easier it is to clean up after the better too. Just my thoughts on it.

Wow.. cut off part of your kids body to make it easier on you to clean them. :shock:

Wow.. cut off part of your kids body to make it easier on you to clean them. :shock:

How many kids do you have and have you ever met someone that was just generally dirty? Would you keep your tonsils or appendix if they were causing you problems? It's just preemptive hygiene, and pretty much up to individuals to decide if necessary.

Maybe he didn't word it the best way but I somewhat agree - my ex (sperm donar to my older two) had no concept of how to keep himself clean. I'm a girl and naturally had no clue how to go about doing it, either . . . and so I had no confidence what so ever in a problem-free intact life for anyone. . . I had to fight with him on getting it done, however. . . which is understandable - but he had no clue how to care for an intact foreskin and keep it clean and so forth, so that pretty much won my argument with him on it.

And for my youngest - my husband decided he was going to be circumsized without hesitation and quandary. In fact, I had to fight with him not to do it in the hospital - but as a proper surgery the following week.

Last edited:
How many kids do you have and have you ever met someone that was just generally dirty? Would you keep your tonsils or appendix if they were causing you problems? It's just preemptive hygiene, and pretty much up to individuals to decide if necessary.

No, it's not up to the inviduals. Parents are making that decision for their children. You don't see parents having a kid's tonsils taken out at birth 'preemptively'. It's just ridiculous. If there IS a problem, then address THAT. If there's not, then let the ****ing boy decide for himself when he's of age.

Maybe he didn't word it the best way but I somewhat agree - my ex (sperm donar to my older two) had no concept of how to keep himself clean. I'm a girl and naturally had no clue how to go about doing it, either . . . and so I had no confidence what so ever in a problem-free intact life for anyone. . . I had to fight with him on getting it done, however. . . which is understandable - but he had no clue how to care for an intact foreskin and keep it clean and so forth, so that pretty much won my argument with him on it.

And for my youngest - my husband decided he was going to be circumsized without hesitation and quandary. In fact, I had to fight with him not to do it in the hospital - but as a proper surgery the following week.
Having dealt with my uncirc'd nephew with my mother and sister - none of us having experienced cleaning a boy's foreskin, I must say that it was kind of idiot-proof. Soap, water, wash. Been done by billions of people for thousands of years.

No, it's not up to the inviduals. Parents are making that decision for their children. You don't see parents having a kid's tonsils taken out at birth 'preemptively'. It's just ridiculous. If there IS a problem, then address THAT. If there's not, then let the ****ing boy decide for himself when he's of age.

I meant individual parents. It's not something an infant can decide for themselves and like so many other things, the parents have too.

Having dealt with my uncirc'd nephew with my mother and sister - none of us having experienced cleaning a boy's foreskin, I must say that it was kind of idiot-proof. Soap, water, wash. Been done by billions of people for thousands of years.

Well, I've dealt with two boys, daily, for years. I can tell you that they are not always the cleanest. While I agree that where parents can supervise their children, it's not such a big deal to clean them. There does come a time when the parents stop daily supervision of the their cleanliness and that's where problems start. Unless you are bathing your 10 year old daily, then they are going to cut corners. Idiot-proof is an idiotic way of summarizing it. Sometimes kids are just not as clean as you'd like them to be, and it doesn't make them idiots. Just lazy.

I meant individual parents. It's not something an infant can decide for themselves and like so many other things, the parents have too.
Incorrect. It doesn't have to be done as an infant. It can be done as an adult.

Well, I've dealt with two boys, daily, for years. I can tell you that they are not always the cleanest. While I agree that where parents can supervise their children, it's not such a big deal to clean them. There does come a time when the parents stop daily supervision of the their cleanliness and that's where problems start. Unless you are bathing your 10 year old daily, then they are going to cut corners. Idiot-proof is an idiotic way of summarizing it. Sometimes kids are just not as clean as you'd like them to be, and it doesn't make them idiots. Just lazy.
Then he gets an infection. And learns to associate that pain and discomfort with uncleanliness. In which case he learns to wash better or have repeated pain and discomfort. Given the location of said pain, I find it difficult to believe that a person would continually be 'unclean'. Contrary to what some parents believe, kids are actually able to learn better behaviors. It's no different for girls. We can get all sorts of infections if we don't clean ourselves correctly or thoroughly. Hell... if we wipe the wrong way. I think if girls can learn to do it, boys can too.

Here's a thought rivrrat you try having a dick and then come back with an opinion. It's bad enough I got the equivalent of 2 newborn baby heads swinging down there. Anything to make **** easier/lazier on a guy is fine by me. Also less likely of getting it caught in a zipper too. Seriously anyone trying to debate this is ridiculous though.

Last edited:
Incorrect. It doesn't have to be done as an infant. It can be done as an adult.

I didn't say otherwise. I did in fact, talk about three guys I know that got it done as adults. It is far more painful as adults than as infants.

Then he gets an infection. And learns to associate that pain and discomfort with uncleanliness. In which case he learns to wash better or have repeated pain and discomfort. Given the location of said pain, I find it difficult to believe that a person would continually be 'unclean'. Contrary to what some parents believe, kids are actually able to learn better behaviors. It's no different for girls. We can get all sorts of infections if we don't clean ourselves correctly or thoroughly. Hell... if we wipe the wrong way. I think if girls can learn to do it, boys can too.

Well, perhaps in all your practical parenting experience you've learned something different than I did. I can speak for my four children, they often do things that leave me scratching my head. I am a father of two boys, one with Ds, and I'm glad I had it done. I also am circumcised and have suffered no ill effects from it. How did yours affect you?

Rivrrat has had plenty of dicks. :prof

(sorry rivrrat that was set up way too nicely :2razz:)

Last edited:
So the reasoning behind it is that it's unclean and you're to lazy to clean it. Yeah, in that case definitely get a circumcision once you're an adult and can make the choice to be a lazy slob that contracts infections in the filthy folds of his skin. I have news for you, if you are that unhygienic then removing a few square inches of skin around your penis is not going to save you.

Fact is, if you let them keep the foreskin, most boys would grow up not wanting to change that; it's just like how you grew up circumcised associating it with normality. But because most of your society is circumcised, you view it as "normal". I never grew up in an environment where uncut guys were made fun of, and I find the idea of that really petty and immature.

It's nothing more than a cultural norm. We don't do pre-emptive surgery on newborns for anything else, like tonsillitis, appendicitis, etc. So the argument of prevention is really lame. Unless their foreskin is abnormally tight or the opening is too occluded for normal function, there is no reason to get a circumcision, and especially a tight circumcision.

My offense to circumcision mostly stems from its original purpose: to restrict sexual activities through damaging a part of your body. Your body is basically being damaged because religion originally dictated that it was the proper thing to do.

Anyway, like I said, circumcision practices will fade with time, as they already are. It'll be nice once society gets back to viewing a natural penis as being "normal".

So the reasoning behind it is that it's unclean and you're to lazy to clean it. Yeah, in that case definitely get a circumcision once you're an adult and can make the choice to be a lazy slob that contracts infections in the filthy folds of his skin. I have news for you, if you are that unhygienic then removing a few square inches of skin around your penis is not going to save you.

Fact is, if you let them keep the foreskin, most boys would grow up not wanting to change that; it's just like how you grew up circumcised associating it with normality. But because most of your society is circumcised, you view it as "normal". I never grew up in an environment where uncut guys were made fun of, and I find the idea of that really petty and immature.

It's nothing more than a cultural norm. We don't do pre-emptive surgery on newborns for anything else, like tonsillitis, appendicitis, etc. So the argument of prevention is really lame. Unless their foreskin is abnormally tight or the opening is too occluded for normal function, there is no reason to get a circumcision, and especially a tight circumcision.

My offense to circumcision mostly stems from its original purpose: to restrict sexual activities through damaging a part of your body. Your body is basically being damaged because religion originally dictated that it was the proper thing to do.

Anyway, like I said, circumcision practices will fade with time, as they already are. It'll be nice once society gets back to viewing a natural penis as being "normal".

Dude I get plenty of pleasure out of sex. I think if I got anymore, then the woman wouldn't have a chance to get pleasure. It's like my own little Disneyworld everytime it happens. Also who is making fun of guys with turkey dicks? I'm not. The dick itself is already pretty gross to look at. It's like a little burn victim. I don't really have a problem with the foreskin, I'm just giving you my reasons, which have no religious condintations at all.

Then he gets an infection. And learns to associate that pain and discomfort with uncleanliness. In which case he learns to wash better or have repeated pain and discomfort. Given the location of said pain, I find it difficult to believe that a person would continually be 'unclean'.

I agree with your general position on this... but unless they are taught different from a very early age, most people are filthy ****ing animals. If I went around cutting parts off of people who couldn't keep them clean... well, at least I'd die happy.

Look little boys are dirty by nature. They revel in being dirty. You know how hard it is to get a little boy to take a bath? It's like a hostage negotiation.

Here's a thought rivrrat you try having a dick and then come back with an opinion. It's bad enough I got the equivalent of 2 newborn baby heads swinging down there. Anything to make **** easier/lazier on a guy is fine by me. Also less likely of getting it caught in a zipper too. Seriously anyone trying to debate this is ridiculous though.

Got it. You're too lazy to wash your kid appropriately, so you cut off part of his dick.

If the ADULT guy wants to have it done, then he can. It should be HIS choice.

I didn't say otherwise. I did in fact, talk about three guys I know that got it done as adults. It is far more painful as adults than as infants.
How do you know? Does the infant tell you how painful it is? Regardless, it's their choice.

Well, perhaps in all your practical parenting experience you've learned something different than I did. I can speak for my four children, they often do things that leave me scratching my head. I am a father of two boys, one with Ds, and I'm glad I had it done.
So it's all about you?

I also am circumcised and have suffered no ill effects from it. How did yours affect you?
How do you know? You've not experienced life without the circumcision. You have no point of reference for comparison. You were never given that choice. Your parents mutilated you before you were able to consent to it or not.

I'm sure if my parents had female genital mutilation performed on me when I was an infant, and had my clitoral hood removed, I would say now that I "suffered no ill effects from it". But I'd have no point of reference to compare from, now would I?

I just find it odd that people consider the same thing being done to women to be 'mutilation', while at the same time saying it's okay to do to boys. And also saying it helps keep it cleaner when women have the same issues with cleanliness. Really, it's a sad, sad thing that men are that incapable of using soap and water.

From what I've read on the subject, that was a major factor in male circumcision becoming the norm in the US.

To decrease sensitivity in an effort to prevent masturbation, which was viewed as "injurious".

uhh-can't quite make out what you wrote there...

And it goes away, all by itself.

Yep. Its a lot like any other virus we get, just an ordinary thing all of us will 'catch.' Part of life, it is.

With few exceptions, if you are a person who has sex you'll get hpv.

Has nothing to do with circumcision.

Just for the record I don't have a little boy, I just know little boys are dirty little assholes and the easier it is to clean them the better.

Anyways rivvrat like I said, try being a guy. Everything "sets" you off. It sucks it really does. Honestly, if being circumsized has made it harder for me to get sexually aroused fine w/e although I really doubt that. I need to be taking salt peter or something anyways.

Got it. You're too lazy to wash your kid appropriately, so you cut off part of his dick.

What's wrong with you?

How do you know? Does the infant tell you how painful it is? Regardless, it's their choice.

It's very easy to tell when an infant is even mildly uncomfortable. Neither of my boys even seemed to notice. Didn't even cry.

So it's all about you?

More so than it's about you.

How do you know? You've not experienced life without the circumcision. You have no point of reference for comparison. You were never given that choice. Your parents mutilated you before you were able to consent to it or not.

Because I know I've had no issues with sex, infection or disease. I may not have without a circumcision, but I definitely have not with one.

I'm uncircumcised and I intend for any sons that I have to be uncircumcised as well.

Why call it "mutilated by doctors" when it was purely your parent's choice?
Have you asked them about why they chose it?

:shrug:

On that note - adult-male circumcision is increasing in frequency. . .and from the opinions of men who've elected for it - quite a few seem to prefer that their parents had done it in infancy so they wouldn't have to deal with it as adults.

All of my kid's are circ'd for different reasons - and all of them were done so as a proper surgery, with anesthesia.

Here's a good question, should women have any say in the circumcision process?

So what do evolutionists think about the foreskin? or about circumcision?

Back
Top Bottom